Intrepid

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 08:51 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Intrepid, no I don't!

Question Shocked Neutral
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 08:58 pm
Back in my bartending days, my gyno used to come into the club quite a bit.

I don't think he ever recognized me as a patient but he was always trying to fix me up with his son.

<shiver>

Gynos should exist only in their office and never ever ever out in the real world.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:00 pm
Bleh.

The whole family goes to the same doc -- so the same guy who I'm jousting with re: the best care for sozlet is the one who's doing the pap smear. I DON'T like this. Haven't figured out yet if it's legitimate and I should get a referral to a gyno or if I should get over it already. (This is the first male doc I've had since I was a teenager.)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:13 pm
You know, this "who is your gyno" deserves a thread of it's own.

But since there isn't one....

I have mostly been picky about having women doctors because I think they "get" it better.

But when I ended up in the emergency clinic I had a man doctor and he really asked a lot more questions and seemed a lot more concerned about the problem I was reporting.

So I've really been rethinking this for a while.

I haven't switched doctors just because I'm not really in there that often anyway.

Still, I'm glad I have my doctor and Mr. B has his doctor and Mo has his doctor.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:19 pm
I was wrong -- not the first since I was a teenager.

When I was pregnant, my OB-GYN was a woman, who shared duties with another woman and a man. As in, they each had 8-hour shifts, and whomever was on duty/ on call when the baby decided to make her appearance would be the one to do the delivery. The guy was the one who was on call. He sucked!!! (I don't remember if I've told this whole story before, probably. It involved me sitting up mid-push and yelling at him while the nurses gave me surreptitious thumbs-up -- that kind of thing.)

The guy when I was a teenager -- sucked!!!! (Another story there, involving his flat refusal to believe I wasn't sexually active and jokes thereof.)

Every other (female) gyno -- great.

This guy now -- really not bad, lots of good things about him, want to be reasonable.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:20 pm
Gargamel wrote:
I flirt with Danger.

That's right, DANGER.

Maybe you've heard of him.

Pussies.

Heard of him?

Him?

Danger is my middle name, sissy-boy.

Seriously. Only a pansy would think Danger is a "he".
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:23 pm
girls.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 05:06 am
I flirt with all good looking white women between 39 and 56 that are not wearing a wedding band. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 05:10 am
well put Jack.

I admire your condition of no wedding band.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 08:26 am
I've always been disturbed that men would voluntarily choose to be gynocologists. I get the OB part, but GYN?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 08:27 am
I'm a shameless stone-faced grouch when confronted with flirting....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 08:47 am
DrewDad wrote:
I've always been disturbed that men would voluntarily choose to be gynocologists. I get the OB part, but GYN?

oh yeah, I had a roommate years ago that was a nurse at a gynos office.

She'd tell me conversations the docs would have...like womean with yeast infections...."god, she could have risen a loaf of bread in there" yuck.

I suppose it's just another body part.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:19 am
Not to a baker.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:25 am
I flirt with guys/gals at work and right here on A2K :-D
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:25 am
Glad to see you back, SuperJ!

I found myself flirting with one of the guys who delivered my new stove a few weeks ago. What a character.. and he reminded me of somebody, that was part of the fun. Unfortunately, it was two weeks ago and I forget already who he reminded me of....

When I flirt I flirt easily, but I don't flirt very often. I guess I need a clue someone wants to be flirted with. And people often take me as rather serious.. when in fact I have a fun-filled brain bubbling under my Nurse Ratched persona.

On gynecologists - my long time gyno in Los Angeles was a lovely man, respected nationally, and, after many years, sort of a friend. We went through 9/11 together, in a way. I found out that morning in his office that - re a mammo report - I should get a biopsy fast, at the same time he was very concerned about a friend who worked in one of the towers, those particular stresses on an already awful day. I never flirted with him in all those years, but he was certainly good looking and witty. I've had female gynos since (gynas??), and they've been fine but I'm not biased one way or the other, judge each individual.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 11:15 am
i flirt with disaster...
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 12:01 pm
A clerk at the DMV was once the cause of my license being suspended when I flirted with her. She was a very pretty, sexy married Latina. This is how I learned not to flirt with married women.

She exaggerated the whole episode and I was required to take a complete physical exam and be OK'd by a doctor. On top of that I had to appear before a DMV hearing officer.

I got my license back. but this illustrates how people in the DMV can cause you problems in areas that have absolutely nothing to do with driving here in California if they decide to. (the woman had told her supervisor she suspected I had Parkinson's Disease!)

It also illustrates how foolish it is to flirt with a married woman.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 12:21 pm
DMV people are out to get everybody, the bastids.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 01:21 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
DMV people are out to get everybody, the bastids.

Them and Post Office employees Laughing

Anon
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 02:24 pm
Jack Webbs wrote:
A clerk at the DMV was once the cause of my license being suspended when I flirted with her. She was a very pretty, sexy married Latina. This is how I learned not to flirt with married women.

She exaggerated the whole episode and I was required to take a complete physical exam and be OK'd by a doctor. On top of that I had to appear before a DMV hearing officer.

I got my license back. but this illustrates how people in the DMV can cause you problems in areas that have absolutely nothing to do with driving here in California if they decide to. (the woman had told her supervisor she suspected I had Parkinson's Disease!)

It also illustrates how foolish it is to flirt with a married woman.

1. I thought you only flirt with white women.
2. WTF did you say to her?
0 Replies