Who do you flirt with?

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:02 am
I LOVE flirting with gay guys. Gay guys are totally safe (and often appreciate a good flirt who has zero intentions behind the flirting).
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:38 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I flirt with the waitresses at the diner. If I am really at the top of my game I can usually weasel a free donut out of them.

Sounds like Mr B. He gets a certain twinkle in his eye for anyone who might be bringing him food. I noticed it when we first met. He'd be Mr Charming to any waitress who took his order and, sure enough, he'd get an extra large serving of pie or whatever and the waitress would giggle and twinkle right back.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:39 am
dyslexia wrote:
I never flirt.

I don't either, actually. I used to flirt all the time, but that was in my prior marriage which should have told me more than it did. I thought it was all harmless fun, now I realise I was pretty unhappy.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:40 am
Lash wrote:
<smile grows>

I seem to have developed this intensely lovely, sly flirtation with the most enigmatic, most pleasantly mysterious man I've ever met.

<snip>

Just this is nice. Quite nice. <small smile>

This is very nice indeed <smiling here as well>
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 09:49 am
Thanks, J_B, flushd and Boomer. I feel like you're in my cheering section.

I'm in yours Smile
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:11 am
Okay girls, here goes:

a very mysterious malady comes over women when they hit their 40's.

at 40 a woman has usually married, had children and are on the brink of/or have divorced and are embarking on fulfilling their youthful dreams that were thwarted for one reason or another.

and then - - - the body starts playing tricks on her, and it's called the flirt syndrome -

she goes out and flirts - then it happens -

she loses weight, dyes her hair, has an affair and sends the kids that are still home off to private school and begins to pursue this new beginning with gusto - and then what happens?

she falls in love, gets married again and guess what? Has another baby!!!!

This is a cruel joke that mother nature plays on us. It usually happens around the time that our biological time clocks are running out and mother nature wants to make sure that nature abounds with bouncing babies.

damn mother nature.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:17 am
Why would they get married or have another baby...?

What a buzzkill!! The little fluttery, warm feeling would be all murdered.

But, seaglass--I have thought about that tendancy to rid yourself of one set of problems for another. like you suggested. Damn Mother Nature and her pallid drones.

<hee>
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:20 am
I'm just funning.

Nothing better for the ego than a good flirt.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:30 am
OMG we're the desperate housewives!

My biological clock, while functional, was something that did not come equiped with an alarm!

I can only get married again... perhaps... in Utah...

But the lose a few pounds and dye my hair sounds like a good plan.

And yeah, nothing kills that fluttery warm feeling like having to explain how the dang lid to the clothes hamper works.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:31 am
Just keep your knickers on, girls!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:35 am
Lash wrote:
Just keep your knickers on, girls!

Ok that's it, I'm outta here.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 10:38 am
boomerang wrote:
OMG we're the desperate housewives!

My biological clock, while functional, was something that did not come equiped with an alarm!

I can only get married again... perhaps... in Utah...

But the lose a few pounds and dye my hair sounds like a good plan.

And yeah, nothing kills that fluttery warm feeling like having to explain how the dang lid to the clothes hamper works.

Boomie has another tagline!! Laughing Laughing

You should do stand up!!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:06 am
sozobe wrote:
I LOVE flirting with gay guys. Gay guys are totally safe (and often appreciate a good flirt who has zero intentions behind the flirting).

I have a niece who when she was in collage several years ago had a summer job running an ice cream stand in the SoHo section of New York City, which has a large gay male population. She said she loved the job and the location because she didn't have to flirt for her tip.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:06 am
It's the "doesn't HAVE to" part that makes it fun! :-)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:17 am
I flirt with Danger.

That's right, DANGER.

Maybe you've heard of him.

Pussies.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:20 am
I don't flirt either.

I really don't understand it.

I find it embarrassing actually.

When I was single, if there was a mutual attraction, I was just direct about it. I don't recall ever having a problem with that.

Why would you flirt or let someone flirt with you if you already have a marriage/relationship?

I guess I'm not much fun, flirting just seems like a perfect way to get into big trouble.

Why put the temptation there?

hmmmm.....I just thought....I've never been much of a window shopper.....I go, I get the best I can, I go home, I don't need to think about buying another.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:21 am
I like to send my used underwear to the females in my life.

I suppose you could call that flirting.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 12:48 pm
Well....I suppose I could.....

But I wouldn't.

<LOL>
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 12:50 pm
Chai Tea doesn't flirt?!

I never would have guessed.

My dear Chai, you're missing out on all the fun!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 02:26 pm
I don't think flirting, while married, is a great idea, but that's just MO.

And, I don't like the loud, giggly, obnoxious flirting. Truly, that's sort of gross.

I just like the quiet glances and smiles, and the deftly parried inside word or phrase, which, though there may be eight people standing around talking, only you and he "get it." That's flirting per me at 40. I like it much better than the Who Can Talk and Laugh Loudest and find More Reasons to Rub Up Against the Man type. Orangatans have more subtle mating rituals.

God. Another pro on "aging."

PS-- Chai, you are lying out of your ass. Laughing I bet you exude flirtation, in a tasteful manner.
0 Replies