Is there anything that the U.S. doesn't get blamed for?

stevewonder

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 04:37 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
stevewonder wrote:
Hey the US doesnt get blamed for spread of World peace or eradcation of poverty, signing treaties to combat pollution etc

You mean like the defeat of Hitler or the Soviets?

Yes because as we all know it was only the US fighting Hitler and not the Brits or the Russians.....and those Afghans had no role to play in fighting the Soviets for 10 years losing millions of lives. ( because we got our ass so badly whipped in Nam we thought we best stand back and let some donkey riding Afghans fight 'em. )

Brandon you live in dream world.

Given is size and influence, the US as it stands, has contributed least to the world than any other civilization (if I can be so bold as to use that term.)

And before we go off rantng about our 'popular culture' that we are exportng is a sack of horse **** and we all know it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 04:58 pm
stevewonder wrote:

Given is size and influence, the US as it stands, has contributed least to the world than any other civilization (if I can be so bold as to use that term.)

Please provide some evidence to back this up.

Also, what do you mean by, "if I can be so bold as to use that term?"
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 05:03 pm
Brandon, have you hugged your George Bush action figure today?
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 05:22 pm
I like my action figure. Although as a result, some might have develped a related case of phigure-envy.

If Brandon prefers the Bush one, however, there is nothing wrong with this... unless unconscienscious objectors suffer from phigure-phobia.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 05:25 pm
phasinating
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 07:34 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
stevewonder wrote:

Its difficult to prove a negative, but let me re-word the above. The US given its size and control over the globe, relative to previous civilizations, has contributed diddley squat to the world., other than sacks of horse **** i.e Mcdees and Levis jean, mTv and cocca cola. It is succeeding in making its own people into 'dysfunctional morons/zombies' (suited to working only in Walmart) and exporting that tripe to the rest of the world. The world is not and has not progressed because of the US in civility or humanity but has regressed.

And proof, as if proof where needed, is right here on this forum, that clowns can come on here and try to 'explain how the US has 'liberated' iraq when every mule knows it is and has always been about the gas just says it all for me.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 08:01 pm
stevewonder wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
stevewonder wrote:

...And proof, as if proof where needed, is right here on this forum, that clowns can come on here and try to 'explain how the US has 'liberated' iraq when every mule knows it is and has always been about the gas just says it all for me.

Without hard, officially substantiated evidence to put forth, there are three choices, in politics:

1) Give the benefit of the doubt, unless charges can be conclusively proven to the contrary.
2) Suspect, based on personal hunches and proven facts at hand.
3) Assume whatever you choose, in spite the lack of real evidence.

Many are known to select the third option. Yet even children chant that this error can transform the assumer into a beast of burden. I therefore fully concur that "every mule knows".
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 11:38 pm
stevewonder wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
stevewonder wrote:

Its difficult to prove a negative, but let me re-word the above. The US given its size and control over the globe, relative to previous civilizations, has contributed diddley squat to the world., other than sacks of horse **** i.e Mcdees and Levis jean, mTv and cocca cola. It is succeeding in making its own people into 'dysfunctional morons/zombies' (suited to working only in Walmart) and exporting that tripe to the rest of the world. The world is not and has not progressed because of the US in civility or humanity but has regressed.

And proof, as if proof where needed, is right here on this forum, that clowns can come on here and try to 'explain how the US has 'liberated' iraq when every mule knows it is and has always been about the gas just says it all for me.

How does the existence of pro-American opinions you consider incorrect prove that America has not helped the world much in proportion to its ability? I'm afraid I don't follow that proof.

Now, Please provide some evidence to back that claim up. This is the second time I'm asking you to support your statement.

Also, what did you mean by, "if I can be so bold as to use that term?"
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 02:24 am
oldandknew wrote:
Maybe it's time that USA, UK & other interlopers quit Iraq, stayed at home & stopped playing World Cop & simply kept our noses out of it.
It's impossible to impose western democratic ideology on these Arab/Muslim nations. They don't want to be clones of Western culture. Let 'em get on with their own way of things. They can stay out of our way & we can stay out of theirs.
Meanwhile we'd better change our shoes, pronto

The majority of Iraqis like the idea of democracy. And the fact that we helped them become democratic doesn't mean they are a clone of western culture.

And stepping away from the Iraq issue for a moment, 9/11 means we are going to be policing the world for awhile. Period.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 02:34 am
xingu wrote:
2. Under no circumstances are we to allow any major oil producing nation to sell their oil in any currency other than U.S. dollars. To do otherwise would be a threat to our economic stability. Iraq, Iraq and Venezuela must be punished for trying to destroy America by selling their oil in euros.

Our economic stability has nothing to do with what people use to pay for oil, and we don't care whether someone charges for their oil in Euros.

xingu wrote:
5. It is our solemn duty to bring democracy to this planet. Democracy is the greatest institution created by America. It was a gift given to America by God. From America it has spread to most of the civilized nations. Unfortunately there are still some nations that do not see Gods gift to mankind and it is our duty, as good Christians, to compel all oil producing nations to have democracy. Venezuela and Iran are not democratic. Yes, they held elections but the government that was elected is not beholden to us for all the gifts we have given to mankind. Surely the people of those countries, that love America dearly, would never elect such a hostile government. Therefore we can honestly conclude that the elections were frauds and the people are oppressed. It is our duty to free these oppressed people and instill a government that will sell their oil in dollars. Only then will we know they are free.

Iran is not a democracy.

Venezuela is a democracy, but Chavez may be working to change that.

Then again, Chavez may be nothing but an ignorant blowhard. Hard to tell.

The spread of Democracy is good.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 02:36 am
D'artagnan wrote:
You're such an idealist, Brandon. So refreshing. I'm just curious: What it they choose a pro-Iranian group to run Iraq? It's entirely possible they will...

I think that is unlikely.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 06:55 am
oralloy wrote:
But not if the people elect the wrong sort of government.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:02 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
oralloy wrote:

No, it's always good. All people deserve to be in control of their government.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:41 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
oralloy wrote:

No, it's always good. All people deserve to be in control of their government.
I look forward to seeing Condoleeza Rice embrace the democratically elected leaders of Hamas.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 11:04 am
oralloy wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:
You're such an idealist, Brandon. So refreshing. I'm just curious: What it they choose a pro-Iranian group to run Iraq? It's entirely possible they will...

I think that is unlikely.

Oh? Given the current chaos there, what does your crystal ball say will happen?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 11:25 am
late to the thread as usual... although it is certainly the fault of the extremist pieces of **** who did the bombing, here's a tip... If you walk around the world like a bull in a China shop. telling everyone you're the only one that's right about anything.... taking credit for everything and expecting the world to play by rules you don't, then you'd better be prepared to also take the blame for everything that goes wrong.

I think it's time to let these people just slaughter each other and thin the herd personally. I nhave tried and tried to be empathetic to the ordinary citizen and part of me still is but this is not going to get better, gwb's bullshit isn't going to change anythiong. Even Jesus, who apparently directs gwb's every move, said you can't save the world.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 12:45 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
...I think it's time to let these people just slaughter each other and thin the herd personally. I nhave tried and tried to be empathetic to the ordinary citizen and part of me still is but this is not going to get better, gwb's bullshit isn't going to change anythiong. Even Jesus, who apparently directs gwb's every move, said you can't save the world.

I see. hmm... If you can't make everything go perfectly, why even try anything at all?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 12:48 pm
Re: Is there anything that the U.S. doesn't get blamed for?
PoetSeductress wrote:
late to the thread as usual... although it is certainly the fault of the extremist pieces of **** who did the bombing, here's a tip... If you walk around the world like a bull in a China shop. telling everyone you're the only one that's right about anything.... taking credit for everything and expecting the world to play by rules you don't, then you'd better be prepared to also take the blame for everything that goes wrong.

I think it's time to let these people just slaughter each other and thin the herd personally. I nhave tried and tried to be empathetic to the ordinary citizen and part of me still is but this is not going to get better, gwb's bullshit isn't going to change anythiong. Even Jesus, who apparently directs gwb's every move, said you can't save the world.

I see. hmm... If you can't make everything go perfectly, why even try anything at all?

don't fall off that high horse sweetheart ....where were you in 1968 when I was maced and beaten protesting the Vietnam war? playing with barbies I expect....
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 12:54 pm
PoetSeductress wrote:

don't fall off that high horse sweetheart ....

Thank you, bluevein, I'll try not to. But even if I did, I would eventually get back on it again, learn from the mistakes, and ride better than before..
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:27 pm
PoetSeductress wrote:
PoetSeductress wrote:

don't fall off that high horse sweetheart ....

Thank you, bluevein, I'll try not to. But even if I did, I would eventually get back on it again, learn from the mistakes, and ride better than before..

perhaps, perhaps not.
0 Replies