Is there anything that the U.S. doesn't get blamed for?

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 05:29 pm
Nice car.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 05:33 pm
it's interesting to note that some countries that are much closer to the scene of action, manage to stay away and keep their noses clean - at best they make token contributions ; some that come to mind :japan, saudi arabia, united emirates (oh, i forgot, they are taking over u.s. ports, they are busy right now).
this should tell the united states something, or am i wrong ? hbg(always ready to learn)
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 06:26 pm
Do you not realize that we must do this because;
1. We spend a huge amount of money supporting an ever growing military-industrial complex. War has become our nations obsession. America is a nation that glorifies war. Our greatest moments have been in war. Without war we would be nothing.

2. Under no circumstances are we to allow any major oil producing nation to sell their oil in any currency other than U.S. dollars. To do otherwise would be a threat to our economic stability. Iraq, Iraq and Venezuela must be punished for trying to destroy America by selling their oil in euros.

3. We are the most powerful nation on this planet. We have contributed a great deal in money and American lives to help other nations in the past. The world owes us a debt. We will never let them forget what we did for them. We will expect them to forever be beholden to us for the great sacrifices we have made. We can do this because we are strong enough to be that arrogant.

4. Being the most powerful nation on earth we also realize that all international laws are made for all nations on this planet except us. We and Israel, our best friend with England at a close behind, are permitted to ignore any international law, U.N. resolution or command they give. All other nations, especially those we don't like, are expected to comply and, if not, face our wrath.

5. It is our solemn duty to bring democracy to this planet. Democracy is the greatest institution created by America. It was a gift given to America by God. From America it has spread to most of the civilized nations. Unfortunately there are still some nations that do not see Gods gift to mankind and it is our duty, as good Christians, to compel all oil producing nations to have democracy. Venezuela and Iran are not democratic. Yes, they held elections but the government that was elected is not beholden to us for all the gifts we have given to mankind. Surely the people of those countries, that love America dearly, would never elect such a hostile government. Therefore we can honestly conclude that the elections were frauds and the people are oppressed. It is our duty to free these oppressed people and instill a government that will sell their oil in dollars. Only then will we know they are free.

I hope that answers your question.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 06:40 pm
well xingu, that reads just as if it were a memo straight from the CIA press office. A bit like, don't do what I do, do what I say, or else.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 06:44 pm
Power breeds arrogance.

Arrogant nations become the bad guys. They like to pick on the little guys, especially if they have oil.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 06:52 pm
yep and that oil leads you down a long slippery slope all the way to the bodybag dump.
Reminds me of a song by Country Joe & The Fish

"I feel like I'm fixin to die"

Yeah, come on all of you, big strong men,
Uncle Sam needs your help again.
He's got himself in a terrible jam
Way down yonder in Vietnam
So put down your books and pick up a gun,
We're gonna have a whole lotta fun.

And it's one, two, three,
What are we fighting for ?
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn,
Next stop is Vietnam;
And it's five, six, seven,
Open up the pearly gates,
Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopee! we're all gonna die.

( there's a lot more of it)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 06:58 pm
We are to blame didn't the American people in their ignorance make Bush, [the evil] their leader.
0 Replies

AliceInWonderland

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 07:13 pm
You can't have it both ways - we either meddle monitarily and militarily or we don't meddle at all. Should we also quit foreign aid? No more AIDS money for Africa, no more money to build infrastructure in 3rd world nations? etc. etc. Should we take no world responsibility at all?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 07:22 pm
There's a big difference in giving aid to poor countries in need and attacking others to control their resources.

We did not invade Iraq to help her people. We invaded with an eye on our self interest and no one elses.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 07:26 pm
AiW, other countries manage to do one without the other.

Not sure why the chains between business and military are so well-fastened in the U.S., but the bond is impressive.

~~~~~~~

Anyways, I don't blame the U.S.

I blame kickycan and gin for everything.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 07:29 pm
Re: Is there anything that the U.S. doesn't get blamed for?
kickycan wrote:

A bunch of religious extemist pieces of **** decide to blow each other up because...well, because they are religious extremist pieces of ****...and it's our fault somehow. Right.

A religious extremist piece of **** blowing up stuff.........Your talking about George W right??
:wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:37 pm
I'm out of toilet paper again ... bloody Americans.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:38 pm
No dollar stores nearby Nimh? Laughing
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:43 pm
Is there anything that the U.S. doesn't get blamed for?
Momma Angel wrote:
No dollar stores nearby Nimh? Laughing

That's okay, MA, they can use their local newspaper... you know how the "press" is, nowadays... that's just about all it's good for, now, besides housetraining a pet.

I don't buy them, anymore, unless I have to have local ads for something.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:43 pm
nimh wrote:
I'm out of toilet paper again ... bloody Americans.

Ha!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:47 pm
MA - no, none of them either. Damn Americans.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:50 pm
nimh, if you're going to blame america for everything bad that happens to you, you should at least balance it out by giving them all the credit for good things...like, the next time some hottie gives you some, you should yell, "America, you kick ass!" right as you finish.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:52 pm
No hottie's given me some in a while now. Bugger those Americans.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:12 pm
AliceInWonderland wrote:
You can't have it both ways - we either meddle monitarily and militarily or we don't meddle at all. Should we also quit foreign aid? No more AIDS money for Africa, no more money to build infrastructure in 3rd world nations? etc. etc. Should we take no world responsibility at all?

"And, if I can't beat up my neighbours and take all their stuff when I want to, I am not paying taxes, or obeying any laws, or any of that stuff. Either I get to do what I want, or I don't do anything at all."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:13 pm
America made me overspend on my overdraft, damn them.
0 Replies