Is there anything that the U.S. doesn't get blamed for?

PoetSeductress

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:38 pm
Is there anything that the U.S. doesn't get blamed for?
nimh wrote:
No hottie's given me some in a while now. Bugger those Americans.

Now you've gotten to the crux of the problem!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:54 pm
Last update - 19:36 23/02/2006

Ahmadinejad warns Israel over blast in Iraq mosque

By Reuters

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned Western powers like the United States and Israel that they would face the wrath of Muslims following the devastating bombing of a Shi'ite Muslim shrine in Iraq.

Echoing Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Ahmadinejad pinned the blame for Wednesday's Samarra shrine bombing on "Zionists" and foreign forces in Iraq.{Foreign forces meaning the US}

"These heinous acts are committed by a group of Zionists and occupiers that have failed. They have failed in the face of Islam's logic and justice," Ahmadinejad said in a speech broadcast live on state television.

But be sure, you will not be saved from the wrath and power of the justice-seeking nations by resorting to such acts," he said to cries of "Death to America" "Death to Israel" from a crowd of thousands of supporters in central Iran.

Khamenei, who has the last word on all state matters in Shi'ite Muslim Iran, on Wednesday urged Shi'ites not to take revenge on Sunni Muslims for the attack on the Samarra shrine.

"There are definitely some plots to force Shi'ites to attack the mosques and other properties respected by the Sunnis," he said. "Any measure to contribute to that direction is helping the enemies of Islam and is forbidden by Sharia," he added.

Khamenei ordered a week of national mourning in Iran over the bombing.

In Beirut, Lebanon's Hezbollah group called for Muslim unity in the wake of the mosque bombing.

"I tell the Americans, the Zionists and the criminals who committed yesterday's crime in Samarra that all your aims will fail," Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah told a rally attended by thousands of Lebanese Shi'ites in the southern suburb of Beirut.

"I tell them that this (Muslim) nation will not be torn apart ... It will not fall for the tricks of the occupier."

Hezbollah, a Shi'ite guerrilla group backed by Iran and Syria, has opposed Washington's role in Iraq. The United States lists Hezbollah as a terrorist group and has called for it to be disarmed in line with a 2004 UN Security Council resolution.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 03:06 pm
Re: Is there anything that the U.S. doesn't get blamed for?
I think kickycan, his ilk, and in fact all Americans are the vilest of evils; the bedmates of Satan himself!

The US is clearly deserving of all blames, from dead kittens on up........
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 03:51 pm
It looks like Ahmadinejad is doing everything he can to stir the pot and suck Israel and/or Bush to make some rash move.

This guy isn't some air-headed fanatic. He's cunning. He's got something up his sleeve.

Things are getting real interesting.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:03 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Why doesn't America just apologise and re instate Saddam and the Ba'athists? At least they knew how to run Iraq.

Shocked
You think I'm joking?

I hope so.

The US might not be doing everything right but Saddam didn't do anything right.

Except maybe executions. He was pretty good at those.

Oh? Have people stopped dying?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:12 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Why doesn't America just apologise and re instate Saddam and the Ba'athists? At least they knew how to run Iraq.

Shocked
You think I'm joking?

I hope so.

The US might not be doing everything right but Saddam didn't do anything right.

Except maybe executions. He was pretty good at those.

Oh? Have people stopped dying?

By Saddam, yes.

You want to support terrorism (by Saddam and other sadistic mofo's like him) that's your business.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:12 pm
Bella, why did you delete your reply asking if I was a dictator supporter. I had a great rebuttal to your post and didn'g get to use it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:13 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Bella, why did you delete your reply asking if I was a dictator supporter. I had a great rebuttal to your post and didn'g get to use it.

Beacause I wanted to.

Is that ok?

Please, rebut. Are you?
0 Replies

Amigo

Monday, January 10th, 2005
Is the U.S. Organizing Salvador-Style Death Squads in Iraq?

Listen to Segment || Download Show mp3
Watch 128k stream Watch 256k stream Read Transcript
Help Printer-friendly version Email to a friend Purchase Video/CD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to Newsweek, the U.S. government is considering "The Salvador Option" - setting up assassination squads to target leaders of the Iraqi resistance. We speak with journalist and activist Allan Nairn whose 1984 article in The Progressive Magazine titled "Behind the Death Squads" exposed the CIA's backing of El Salvador death squads and led to an investigation by the Senate Intelligence Committee. [includes rush transcript]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As violence in Iraq continues into 2005, the U.S. government is considering setting up assassination squads to target leaders of the Iraqi resistance. Newsweek Magazine is reporting that the Pentagon is drawing up possible proposals to send special forces teams to advise, support and train hand-picked Iraqi squads to target Sunni rebels.
Within the Pentagon, the tactic is named "The Salvador option" after the strategy that was secretly employed by Ronald Reagan's administration to combat the guerrilla insurgency in El Salvador in the early 1980s. The U.S.-backed death squads hunted down and assassinated rebel leaders and their supporters.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/10/1456242
0 Replies

Bella Dea

I just have a problem with people comparing the US to Saddam and his minions.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:15 pm
Oh, I see that you changed it and made a different reply where you didn't accuse me of being a dictator supporter. Now you just accuse me of supporting terrorism.

The real answer is that it has increased under the leadership of GW Bush.

Sometimes I wonder if the Iraqi people wouldn't have been better off with Saddam. Now they have Bush to contend with.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:16 pm
Intrepid wrote:

What has increased? Terrorism in other countries?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:16 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

C'mon. Don't be so naive about Mr. Bush. It's ok.... not your fault.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:17 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Oh, I see that you changed it and made a different reply where you didn't accuse me of being a dictator supporter. Now you just accuse me of supporting terrorism.

No one accused you of anything.

I asked you if you did.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:18 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

You are now getting into straw man territory. You know that you were referring to Iraqi deaths under Sadamm Hussein. How many Iraqi deaths is GWB responsible for?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:19 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

C'mon. Don't be so naive about Mr. Bush. It's ok.... not your fault.

If Bush is one thing, that doesn't make me or any one else that same thing.

And I won't get shot down dead for saying I think Bush is an asshole.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:20 pm
Better watch out for the Vice President, Bella Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:21 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

You are now getting into straw man territory. You know that you were referring to Iraqi deaths under Sadamm Hussein. How many Iraqi deaths is GWB responsible for?

Innocent civilians? Or those with guns ready to shoot US soldiers?

I fully support the men and women who shoot down anyone pointing a gun at them. Even if I don't support the reason they are there, I fully support their right to come home in one piece.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:21 pm
Ah crap I got censored. DAMN THE US FOR THE CENSORSHIP OF A2K!!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:22 pm
The situation in Iraq is so bad at the moment that two Fox News experts I saw earlier today (two retired military guys on the Fox payroll, one having a walrus mustache) agreed that there's not much US forces can do there now to keep any kind of peace.

Fox News! Who woulda thunk it. And yes, the Arab world hates us more than ever. We can jump up and down about how unjust it is, but it won't make a damn bit of difference...
0 Replies