He said "I love you" and I froze

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 11:56 am
I will... I will not being seeing him for a few days, besides I gotta figure out the guy that I have been seeing for 6 months!

*Sigh* it always happens at the worst times
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 11:59 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
SO much for what I thought, he brought it up the other day and told me he was drunk and he didn't mean it..... But eh what can you do??

Ya know, I kinda like this guy more and more. He was honest, remembered it, realized he had to say something to you about what he'd said. Straight-shooter, at least about this particular issue. Gotta respect that.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 07:50 am
Update: Old guy: Still going out with him 2nite...

New Guy: Went out with him again last night and he asked me to be his girlfriend... I said no, now is not a good time, but he is soooo sweet.... too good to be true if you ask me!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 07:53 am
Now is not a good time, because......?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:07 am
Because of the first guy... I have been working towards this for 6 months... I don't think it would be fair for some guy to come and sweep me off my feet without giving the first one a real chance
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:33 am
TWEEEET!

Time out on the court!

Is this the guy who deserves a fair chance?

Crazielady420 wrote:
Everything seems to be going downhill now... I am going out with him Friday, but he went out with the "guys" on Valentines day (found out what her name was yesterday)... but eh..

He went out with another girl on V-Day and lied about it?

Ejected!

Time in.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:35 am
Well George, you seem to agree with all my friends... and I know you are all right, but I have only known this other guy for a week.... It doesn't make sense...
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:43 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
Well George, you seem to agree with all my friends...

Just proves I'm a hip, happenin' kinda guy.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:45 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
Because of the first guy... I have been working towards this for 6 months... I don't think it would be fair for some guy to come and sweep me off my feet without giving the first one a real chance

CL, a few notes about this:

1) You're ignoring the 'too good to be true' guy because you've put alot of effort towards the other relationship. Sounds iffy, but fair enough.

2) The second part of the above statement is just pure silliness. It wouldn't be fair? Madame, all's fair in love and war. If guy #2 comes by and treats you better than anyone, including guy #1, then guy#1 should get the snub immediately. At least a chance should be tossed out to your newest knight.

That's just my opinion.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:46 am
Or, is it the guy who "forgot" you had a date and called a couple days later after he remembered?

Or the guy who calls his ex-girlfriend a whore?

Or the guy who is drunk more often than not?

Or maybe it's the one who told you he loved you and then took it back?

Just what have you been waiting six months to discover?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:51 am
J_B wrote:
Or, is it the guy who "forgot" you had a date and called a couple days later after he remembered?

Or the guy who calls his ex-girlfriend a whore?

Or the guy who is drunk more often than not?

Or maybe it's the one who told you he loved you and then took it back?

Just what have you been waiting six months to discover?

Wow.... you're right...

This new guys has been nothing but amazing...

I have gone out with him three times (Tues., Wed., And Last Night).. he wanted to go out tonight (but I am going out with guy #1)...

He respects the fact that I am not a big drinker (he is a social drinker like me, not out to get drunk).

He has me smiling constantly... He's cute, funny, smart... We have alot in common and both want the same things...

He keeps calling it Fate (I am a strong believer in Fate)

He's already planning a trip to NH for us (and 2 friends)..

Like I said, too good to be true.. just the way he looks at me... I dunno...

It's just that I have been trying so hard with this other guy and I know that it is pointless
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 08:51 am
George wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
Well George, you seem to agree with all my friends...

Just proves I'm a hip, happenin' kinda guy.

True Dat Dawg! Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:57 am
Crazielady,

Why do we always want the one it seems we can't have? One of the mysteries of the world I think.

Well, no one can actually tell you what to do about this. You have to follow your heart no matter what.

So, are you comfortable with dating two guys at the same time? Hey, give them both some time and see how it goes.

As long as you are happy, that's what counts!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 12:42 pm
I am going to try and find out where it is going with me and the first boy, when I go out with him 2nite... if I don't feel the connection anymore.. then it will be time to move on, if I do.. I will continue to see both of them until I can truly figure out what I want... if it is meant to be, then it will happen
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 01:30 pm
I hope you have a good time tonight, Issy. There's a classic Ann Landers ditty that applies in these cases. After tonight, ask yourself if you're better of with him or without him. The stuff I listed comes from what you said here. There might be 50 things you could list on the plus side that more than counterbalance the things above.

I recall back to the old thread where someone was talking about your new Prince Charming and talking about your future lives together. I was throwing cold water on the fire then because I was getting strange vibes from what you posted. That doesn't mean I think you should walk away from this guy or that he's strictly bad news. It wouldn't matter even if I did think that, but I don't. In many ways I think this was exactly the kind of relationship (or friendship) you needed after leaving your ex.

I like Questioner's response on the previous page. You should be with the people who make you feel good about yourself. If that's one or both of these guys then go for it.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 01:44 am
Well I went out with guy #1 2nite and had dinner... dropped him off and then went out with guy # 2 for some drinks....

I have no idea what I am going to do... guy # 2 keeps telling me how much he likes me and I am going crazy

Time to go pass out... remind me not to drink anymore
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 10:54 am
You went out with both on the same night?! You go girl! I think that's pretty awesome!

Ok, but what Guy #1 say or do? Did he say anything about how he felt?

You are going crazy? Because Guy #2 keeps telling you he likes you or because the Guy #1 isn't telling you?

Details girl, details!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 05:48 pm
Ok guy # 1 is confusing, one minute he seems really into me and the next he dissapears....

Guy # 2 keeps asking me to be his gf... but I have know him for a week! (He even called me wife material... which freaks me out) He is really into me (I have been out with him every night since Tues.) He calls me every morning when he wakes up... I basically know where he is 24/7... which is a little odd... he already told me he isn't going to see anyone else but me, and I told him that I can't commit to anything.... then he asked if I was seeing someone else and I said I am single... and yes I am.... which you could tell bothered him, but he dealt with it

He just dropped me off at my house and is picking me up in 2 hours... He acts like I am his gf in public.. I can't get a minute to myself... so he seems rather clingy... which is cute to a point, but I don't want someone depending on me...

Guy # 1 isn't clingy which I love.... we both get our space and we can still go out and have a good time... there is a time and place to be all kissy kissy and stuff.... He wants to take me out next week and spend the night together(I usually stay at his house when I go out with him)....

Guy number 2 tried to get me to stay at his house yesterday, of course I said no... just to cuddle, but still I barely know him...

I have been seeing #1 for 6 months... and guy # 2 expects me to drop everything it seems and I honestly don't want to just yet... I am not ready to give it up... Not ready to settle down in a relationship cuz I don't know him...

So I am not sure what is really going on... I am confused.... I feel like I have 2 part time boyfriends...

I have a great time with both of them, but I can't choose, not now...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 06:35 pm
Well, if you can't choose now, DON'T! No one said you have to, did they?

I am glad to see that you are watching for those red flags though. I was never very good at that. Always had the blinders on. The clingy thing would concern me a bit too. Sometimes those kinds of guys turn out to be the stalker types or the ones that never let go. Doesn't mean he is, but, well, just a thought.

I think as long as you are comfortable dating them both and they will go along with it, why not? I don't see a thing wrong with it.

I think you are being very wise in taking your time and taking everything into consideration, Crazielady. I think that is going to work out so well in the longrun. I am still praying for you that you will find the right guy and be as happy as you deserve to be. But keep us updated, please! Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:24 am
Go with your gut, Issy. If you're honest with both of them and true to yourself then it will all work out.
0 Replies