He said "I love you" and I froze

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:21 am
I'd take it with a grain of salt!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:23 am
Now, that sounds like a good plan. Wishing you the best!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:28 am
Sounds like a plan to me. Good luck!
(EDIT: ... and when Momma Angel and I agree on something, it's probably true.)
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:30 am
Thanks guys!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:38 am
Cool, the suspense however is going to drive me crazy. Reminds me of when you were trying to slip him your phone number. Days we waited! Days of anxiety and baited breath. Did she do it? What did he say or do? Ah, CL, I do love your threads Smile
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:45 am
J_B wrote:
Cool, the suspense however is going to drive me crazy. Reminds me of when you were trying to slip him your phone number. Days we waited! Days of anxiety and baited breath. Did she do it? What did he say or do? Ah, CL, I do love your threads Smile

I remember that, I was actually just looking over it, seeing how it has come this far... It's crazy, reading back at the old thread, I never thought it would amount to this!! Not in a million years...

All I know is I am sooo happy that I gave him my number and I thank you all for the help from before, it gave me the courage to do it!
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 11:51 am
He said "I love you" and I froze
Crazielady420

How much is a "few drinks"? Is it just maybe two or three at the most? Or more? If it's just enough to warm up and relax, then it's of no concern. But if he was drinking in excess to the point of being tipsy or inebriated, then that's a different situation.

I went through a similar experience, once. We were out on the town on a special occasion, and he had just crossed over the line of moderate alcohol consumption. As we passionately kissed, he told me he loved me. Although I loved him too, I hadn't yet voiced it. I pulled my face back a few inches from his, and looked at him. With a touched but amused smile, I softly chided him and replied, "You've had a few too many drinks." He then said, "No I haven't. I mean it," to which I compassionately answered, "Wait until tomorrow when your mind is clear, and if you then tell me, I'll believe you." Later, at that point in time, he did remind me of his feelings, and we took it from there.

When I tell someone I love them, I mean it. Common sense tells you there are different kinds of love. First, there is the compassionate love for one's fellow man or "neighbor". When I tell certain members here on A2K, by signing my posts with a heart or "Love, PoetSeductress", this is a general non-sexual kind of love... the kind of love that I extend to humanity in spite of whether or not I agree with or even like them. It's the kind of love that, if they were distressed and needed help, regardless of how I felt about them, I would be there in a heartbeat for them.

Then there is romantic love. In my age (of "over" 39), I've arrived to the point where I've become a very good judge of character. But this wasn't always so, which is why there was a time when I'd be hesitant to reveal my feelings right off, in case my judgment of him might be incorrect. Now, I'm much more confident and sharply intuitive, and therefore more relaxed in expressing myself. But timing means everything. You should have an inner sense of rhythm of it all, as you go with the flow of the dance, so that it simply unfolds and flows forth naturally, like a wellspring. In this manner, there is no uncomfortable tension of "what-if's" or reservations. You should understand that there could be challenges ahead, and that the both of you hopefully are steady enough to do what it takes to overcome them. If not, as it has been said by English poet, Alfred Lord Tennyson, "'Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." Also quoting an esoteric message posted by a member on A2K, "follow your heart, and fly away on wings of the soul", which of course includes wisdom, as well.

Ultimately, actions speak louder than words. A couple who is truly in love, expresses this in many non-verbal ways. It is very much nice to hear, however, when the heart can no longer hold it back, and it spills forth into poetic ecstasy.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:23 pm
Re: He said "I love you" and I froze
PoetSeductress wrote:
Crazielady420

How much is a "few drinks"? Is it just maybe two or three at the most? Or more? If it's just enough to warm up and relax, then it's of no concern. But if he was drinking in excess to the point of being tipsy or inebriated, then that's a different situation.

That I am not sure, I was with him the entire night and he seemed fine... but I am not sure, I wasn't watching him like a hawk... I bet he had more then a few.... but it wasn't that, it was the way he said it and the way and I quote he said "this isn't a drunken comment" because he knew i was wondering whether or not he had too much to drink

Quote:
Ultimately, actions speak louder than words. A couple who is truly in love, expresses this in many non-verbal ways. It is very much nice to hear, however, when the heart can no longer hold it back, and it spills forth into poetic ecstasy.

Knowing the way I feel for him and the way we act around each other and how he makes me feel, my heart honestly tells me he meant it.... The way his voice changed and how he looked into my eyes, I don't know....it's almost too good to be true, which is why I am having such a hard time with it....
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 01:46 pm
Good luck, CL. Sounds like you have a good plan.

The two of you sound soo adorable. I think it's very sweet (and a good, good thing) the way things are going. Good friends and comfortable with each other first - eh, what could be better?! You've built an excellent base for a happy relationship.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:15 pm
flushd wrote:
Good luck, CL. Sounds like you have a good plan.

The two of you sound soo adorable. I think it's very sweet (and a good, good thing) the way things are going. Good friends and comfortable with each other first - eh, what could be better?! You've built an excellent base for a happy relationship.

It's def. different... I have never gone about something like this before.... then again I have never felt this way without sex being involved.... it is a whole new feeling for me.... but I am actually happy... it's crazy and I am not all that worried for once, I have my doubts but for some reason even they can't break my happiness
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:16 pm
It is NOT crazy. It is wonderful! I am so happy for you Crazielady!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:25 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
It is NOT crazy. It is wonderful! I am so happy for you Crazielady!

Thanks MA... I may be putting my heart out there now, but I will not get my hopes up just yet... but if/when everything falls into place, you guys will be the first to know!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:43 am
SO much for what I thought, he brought it up the other day and told me he was drunk and he didn't mean it..... But eh what can you do??
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:28 am
Arrrrgh! I can think of a few things I'd like to do.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:09 am
J_B wrote:
Arrrrgh! I can think of a few things I'd like to do.

Yea me too, lol... This boy is very confusing!
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:13 am
Well, that stinks.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:42 am
EH you get used to it!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 04:43 pm
I've been offline for a bit. Any updates Crazielady?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 07:50 am
Everything seems to be going downhill now... I am going out with him Friday, but he went out with the "guys" on Valentines day (found out what her name was yesterday)... but eh..

I've actually met a new guy... we have gone out twice and he is really into me, and very respectful, actually has time for me, has goals and ambitions, a good paying job, a car! Everything that the other guy seems to be lacking in, in a sense...

But I won't have any updates until Saturday
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 08:07 am
Yay!
0 Replies