isaruiz

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 03:48 pm
rainwater scaryyyy
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes A representative of rainwater just left my house. For some reason we signed papers and he said that we can cancell within three days. I came to the internet and found all these terrible experiences which by the way seem genuine. The seller tried so hard pushing us into buyin their product that he is basically doing a disservice to the company. I will call in a coupleof minutes and cancell. I do not want anything to do with them and I will hire an attorney if the case gets bad.
Any advice would be appreciated. This people is pushy and scary. We were sooo tired after that three hours visit that we were kind of hypnotized. I do not have the money to pay for that at this point and the guy seemed to not care at all. TERRIBLE COSTUMER SERVICE. AVOID THEM....
I will call and cancel my order and will let you know again about my experience!
please any advice is highly appreciated. Email me to [email protected]
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 03:58 pm
Now it starts getting difficult. Rainsoft is the only company I now that sticks to their 3-day deal, life or death. Most other companies will let you cancel well after three days--with a simple phone call--and no headaches.

I normally ask that they just don't cancel as our guy is unloading the truck as a matter of decency because that generally blows his day and he has to finish all his other jobs with a truck load of equipment.

If you call back, make it sound like you are very happy if you don't get your sales person. That way you have a better chance to get his call back

At all costs, send a certified letter, post-marked with tomorrow's date and make a copy and get a receipt certificate.

Legally, a simple phone call may not be enough to qualify for cancellation and their return call may be delayed putting you at odds with their management.

Let us know what happens.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Sorry about your bad experience. But don't let that stop you as other companies may prove more professional and understanding.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 10:31 pm
By law they were supposed to give you a cancellation form to fill out and mail in. You must do that in the alloted 3 business days/72 hrs.

You should send it certified mail with a return receipt request so you can prove when they received it; within the 72 hrs. Holidays and weekends don't count, just regular business days.

They like to show up the next morning to install it. Refuse to allow them in. Don't discuss the issue with them, you do not have to provide a reason to cancel the order and if you give them one, they'll do their damnedest to get you to change your mind and keep it.

In 21 years I have never used a contract. In all those years I have had one family that didn't take the equipment when they said they would. From the day they said they wanted it to the next Thursday morning when I showed up to install it, I find the house all locked up... I found out she had been arrested, along with 4-5 other highly paid good looking sex industry Madames in numerous counties in south central PA.

I think any dealer that uses a contract should be avoided.

Here's why. They had the contract drawn up by THEIR lawyer and there you are after hours of brow beating and arm twisting like at a gun fight with nothing but a pocket knife or fingernail clipper! How do you think they are going to be to deal with when the thing doesn't work right? Many say too bad, so sad, sue me, bye.

And Andy, if you or the Kinetico dealer you sell for allows cancellation days past the 3 day cancellation date, please explain WHY THE CONTRACT.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 07:57 am
Gary Slusser wrote:

By law they were supposed to give you a cancellation form to fill out and mail in. You must do that in the alloted 3 business days/72 hrs.

Do you still give people that buy stuff from you a full 60 minutes to cancel the deal?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 08:16 am
H20_MAN, have you and Gary Slusser made up or does the battle rage on?
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:53 pm
Gus, he keeps tweaking and I keep explaining his errors... like here, the one hour time is from when I place a 'special order'. Like the equipment for a 10000 sqft lodge in Alaska I'm quoting now.

By the time they order, the person has had from a few hours to weeks to make sure of what they are doing but even then they have an hour from the time I actually place the order to cancel it. So they'd best be sure before causing me to order special order equipment because once it is in production, it can't be stopped from shipping.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:58 pm
Gary Slusser wrote:
Gus, he keeps tweaking and I keep explaining his errors... like here, the one hour time is from when I place a 'special order'. Like the equipment for a 10000 sqft lodge in Alaska I'm quoting now.

By the time they order, the person has had from a few hours to weeks to make sure of what they are doing but even then they have an hour from the time I actually place the order to cancel it. So they'd best be sure before causing me to order special order equipment because once it is in production, it can't be stopped from shipping.

I understand your frustration, Gary. H20_MAN deserves not to walk in your footsteps, and, when I see him, I will tell him so.

Punk ass inferior water-softener man.

You're the man, Gary! This is your place! This, my friend, is your time.
0 Replies

MLaudadio

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 05:05 pm
Rain Soft Water Softener Agreement
I am so glad that I did a search on this system. I signed an agreement for a $9000 Rain Soft water system on our farm. Now I see that it is way too much. It included 3 large 7 foot tanks and a water retention tank. There are way too many people complaining about this system to continue with the installiation. Thank you for your posts.
Michael
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 05:08 pm
Re: Rain Soft Water Softener Agreement
MLaudadio wrote:
I am so glad that I did a search on this system. I signed an agreement for a $9000 Rain Soft water system on our farm. Now I see that it is way too much. It included 3 large 7 foot tanks and a water retention tank. There are way too many people complaining about this system to continue with the installiation. Thank you for your posts.
Michael

Glad to help Very Happy
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 08:41 pm
Yeah but Gus, you won't catch me in no cape anytime soon...

BTW, Both sides go back to the mid 18th century, and can I give advice!
0 Replies

MLaudadio

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 05:29 pm
Water Contamination
H20Man,
Hey, I was the one who cancelled the $9000 Rain Soft system due to the internet. I have a question. We bought a $4000 Hague system for our farm on well water of course. The system was for residential homes and the distributor was dismissed by Hague for selling a lot of these systems out here, which kept breaking down. We are in South Florida. I am machinist for a pump company and I pretty much do everything myself. After having the new Hague tech fix our system a few times, I was able to get the parts from Hague myself and do a few repairs because they felt sorry for me I guess. After replacing the main tank with the seized up piston which probably seized because the system was recharging ONLY every 5 days, I changed the new tank and had it recharge every other day. It has been running good without a problem for 2 years now. To my surprise, when the Rain Soft rep was here, our water was as clear as his tested water, which surprised him.
My problem is this, we have No chlorinator on our systemÂ…it is a residential system. When we moved on our farm our water had chloroform in it from the cows. So, I was told to pour 10 gallons of Clorox down the well for a day to clear it up. That was 5 years ago. We got the Hague system about 3 years ago. We have no protection from contaminates and now I trust no one. With all of your posts, I now trust you. We cook sometimes with the water, like boiling water for spaghetti and of course shower with it, but drink a lot of bottled water. Can I add a chlorinator to this system? Any input would be appreciated!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 05:46 pm
Email sent Cool
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 10:08 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
H20_MAN, have you and Gary Slusser made up or does the battle rage on?

Gus, I do my best to just ignore the lunatic fringe and press forward helping honest people with their H2O problems.

It's good to know that you still care ... :wink:
0 Replies

DrinkCleanNoww

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 09:35 am
Rainsoft
Well it looks like I missed out on all the recent conversation. I felt the same way after I signed the papers with Rainsoft. I came online and read all the terrible reviews, scared me to the point to where I almost called and cancelled. But most of the reviews were about customer service and sales people. Their were few mechanical reviews that came across my cpu screen.
I just stuck with my deal, because I wanted the system anyways, and guess what, NO PROBLEMS! So far so good, it has been great, great improvement too.
Actually last night I put to much dishwasher soap in, soap suds came out of the washer!! haha, it was a hoot. Nothing to bad, we caught it in time, thank goodness. Wiped everything up and learned not to put to much in the dishwasher!
Customer service has been great, I have called the Rainsoft office about 3 times now and they called me 4 times.
Also the electrician they had come out to add outlets in the basement gave me his business card, and I set up an appointment with him to come out and install outlets in the kitchen for our overhead microwave. He is great guy and fair priced compared to others out there. $35 an hour plus he is a great guy. Its great.
I am really pleased with the purchase, I hope we don't have any bad experiences like others have had. I am glad I didn't cancel.
I still think we got a good deal on it, we started at $8000 and ended at $4500 out the door for the full system, they forgot to add tax on our sheet! we got the reverse osmosis, the whole house hooked up and the air cleaner @ 6% interest, and they even paid us $900 for an advertisement fee, that helped bring the price down quite a bit all we had to do was let their sign sit in our yard for 2 weeks, it works for us.
sara casperson

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 12:00 pm
rainsoft louisiana
I just wanted to say that I've seen numerous complaints re: rainsoft... product and service. I've recently relocated to New Orleans from Colorado. I couldn't live w/out my system in Colorado so ofcourse I was interested in installing a system here. I recognize that Louisiana's water is far from what it was before the storm and I wanted to insure that the water I used for myself and my family was safe. I know that it is a big investment but I believe it's worth it in the long run. I also know that I need to get my system serviced and it's important to me to invest in clean water. I was very discouraged when I googled rainsoft in Louisiana and saw so many complaints but I was determined since I had such good luck w/ rainsoft in Colorado. I was very pleased, like I said, w/ both product and service. I also wanted to say that this company is no longer associated w/ Discovery Marketing and all the complaints re: this company are over a year old. This company is now locally owned and operated and I couldn't be happier. Support your local businesses.
0 Replies

putt4birdies

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:52 pm
rain soft motor
I just bought a house that has a rainsoft system and the motor that runs the salt is not working. Model number AM24CT, I had a rain soft service company come out and they said that the motor wasn't working and that replacement parts could not be gotten. First quote was $2,600 and then he said he would give a $1,000 credit so it would cost me$1,600 to get motor replaced. Is this something I can do on my own and if not is that a fair price. I feel like they was trying to take advantage of the situation.

Thanks, Don
0 Replies

putt4birdies

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:54 pm
rain soft motor
I just bought a house that has a rainsoft system and the motor that runs the salt is not working. Model number AM24CT, I had a rain soft service company come out and they said that the motor wasn't working and that replacement parts could not be gotten. First quote was $2,600 and then he said he would give a $1,000 credit so it would cost me$1,600 to get motor replaced. Is this something I can do on my own and if not is that a fair price. I feel like they was trying to take advantage of the situation.

Thanks, Don
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 05:12 pm
Re: rain soft motor
putt4birdies wrote:

Thanks, Don

Don, send me a picture of the control valve and the motor - I should have a replacement motor.
Is it a 24v system?
Is it the large piston motor or the small clock motor?

Regards, Kevin
0 Replies

putt4birdies

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 01:19 pm
Motor
I called the tech back and he said it was the timer motor only and also the index lever. Would it be better if I just replaced the whole valve and do you have a valve.

Thanks Don
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 04:04 pm
Re: Motor
putt4birdies wrote:
I called the tech back and he said it was the timer motor only and also the index lever. Would it be better if I just replaced the whole valve and do you have a valve.

Thanks Don

Don, if the price is right replace the motor and lever. This will give you a few extra years of service.
0 Replies