'another Letter from Jesus Christ'

stevewonder

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:31 pm
Intrepid wrote:
G.d didn't have a begotten son. God did.

he spoke english did he?
no one told me that.

but while were on the subject how exactly did he begget a child ((assuming I ignore scripture and believe you) and with whom? The holy spirit??

Would you say that your post answered the more important issues, and questions I have raised? Or would it be fair to say you just dont have a clue., both of you.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:34 pm
stevewonder,

I believe we have talked about the Holy Spirit overshadowing Mary and her conceiving?

A clue? Oh yeah. Got more than a clue. I have the Word of God.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:40 pm
stevewonder wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Stevewonder,

God did not say anything in Corinthians. Apostle Paul did. You should really read up on things before you make such claims.

intrepid I am actually taing the position that the whole Bible is the literal word of G.d according to all the Christian I have met.

Now If you dont believe that then thats another discussion we could have.

Is that what your saying?? That the bible is not the literal word of G.d?

Then you have been misled. The bible is not one book. The bible is comprised of 39 books in the old testament and 27 books in the new testament. The books of the bible may have been inspired by God, but God had no reason to write a book.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:45 pm
stevewonder wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
G.d didn't have a begotten son. God did.

he spoke english did he?
no one told me that.

but while were on the subject how exactly did he begget a child ((assuming I ignore scripture and believe you) and with whom? The holy spirit??

Would you say that your post answered the more important issues, and questions I have raised? Or would it be fair to say you just dont have a clue., both of you.

What I don't have a clue about is what you are talking about. You have never answered my question as to why you spell God as G.d

I have no idea what you are talking about when you talk about ignoring scipture and believing me.

My post was not intended to answer your "important issues".
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:47 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
stevewonder,

I believe we have talked about the Holy Spirit overshadowing Mary and her conceiving?

A clue? Oh yeah. Got more than a clue. I have the Word of God.

overshadowing?? what does that mean? Was jesus begotten by G.d or Mary, this example is of Mary giving birth not G.d .

I asked you how G.d not Mary gave birth or begott Jesus? Did the Holy ghost overshadow G.d and he then gave birth to jesus?? in the divine realm??
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:49 pm
Jesus was conceived and born of Mary!
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:49 pm
Intrepid wrote:
stevewonder wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Stevewonder,

God did not say anything in Corinthians. Apostle Paul did. You should really read up on things before you make such claims.

intrepid I am actually taing the position that the whole Bible is the literal word of G.d according to all the Christian I have met.

Now If you dont believe that then thats another discussion we could have.

Is that what your saying?? That the bible is not the literal word of G.d?

Then you have been misled. The bible is not one book. The bible is comprised of 39 books in the old testament and 27 books in the new testament. The books of the bible may have been inspired by God, but God had no reason to write a book.

Intrepid
Answer the question with a yes or no because only then I know what you are saying.

Is the bible the literal word of G.d simple answer yes or no.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:51 pm
If things were as simple as yes or no, you would not be writing volumes in this thread.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:54 pm
Intrepid wrote:
If things were as simple as yes or no, you would not be writing volumes in this thread.

none commital approach. I like your style dude. your a politician. :wink:

But I will take that as meaning No it is not the literal word of G.d since if you believed it to be it would be sacrilegous to deny it.

In which case you have nothing to offer me apart from blind faith and speculation.

MA lets here from you!! Same question to you yes or no answer please.

Is the Bible the literal word of G.d?

yes or no!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:56 pm
Stevewonder,

I NEVER said God gave birth to Jesus.

What do you want steve? We have told you that the Bible is God-breathed and God-inspired. That is what we believe. So, what do you want?

Are you asking because you want to learn more about the Lord? Are you asking to try to bait and trap? I don't mind discussing this with anyone that has an honest desire to learn more.

I do mind discussing it with someone that only wants to make fun of or criticize.

So, you tell me why you want to know and we can go from there, ok?

I am trying not to assume anything. So I am just asking you.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:03 pm
begotten

1. To father; sire.
2. To cause to exist or occur; produce: Violence begets more violence.

Sire
# A father.
# The male parent of an animal, especially a domesticated mammal such as a horse.

Main Entry: beget
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: create
Synonyms: afford, breed, bring, bring about, cause, effect, engender, father, generate, get, multiply, occasion, procreate, produce, progenerate, propagate, reproduce, result in, sire

tae your pick of any of the above or even the orginal begotten and tell us n detail how G.d beggot Jesus

and also if you believe the Bible is literal word of G.d
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:09 pm
You answer my question first.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:12 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
You answer my question first.

MA I am not making fun.
I am serious.
If I was making fun you would know by now.
I am quoting scripture and reasoning with you.
I think I will create a thread in this.........
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:19 pm
Ok, you want to know if the Bible is the literal word of God? Do you mean literal as in He said it? Do you mean literal as in He actually wrote it? Do you mean literal as in He put the words in someone's mouth?
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:26 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Ok, you want to know if the Bible is the literal word of God? Do you mean literal as in He said it? Do you mean literal as in He actually wrote it? Do you mean literal as in He put the words in someone's mouth?

mae it easy for you to answer.
Is it infalliable and also any of the above.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:31 pm
Is the Word of God infallible? Most definitely. The Word of God is infallible because God Himself is infallible.

I believe the Bible is divinely protected by God.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:34 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Is the Word of God infallible? Most definitely. The Word of God is infallible because God Himself is infallible.

I believe the Bible is divinely protected by God.

this is hard work.

is the bible then the Infalliable word of G.d?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:37 pm
Steve,

I believe the Bible is the Word of God. I believe God is infallible. I believe the Word of God is infallible.

I have to admit, you are really frustrating me here.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:50 pm
stevewonder wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

none commital approach. I like your style dude. your a politician. :wink:

But I will take that as meaning No it is not the literal word of G.d since if you believed it to be it would be sacrilegous to deny it.

In which case you have nothing to offer me apart from blind faith and speculation.

MA lets here from you!! Same question to you yes or no answer please.

Is the Bible the literal word of G.d?

yes or no!

What does anyone have to offer other than faith? Have you wondered why you have not had anyone else respond to your posts? Other than to make off handed comments? It is because it is hard to take you seriously when you have a closed mind. You don't appear to have a genuine interest other than to toy with people. prove me wrong.
0 Replies

Jason Proudmoore

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 04:14 am
I have a question for everyone. To avoid all this confusion about contradictions and the whole enchilada, why didn't God write the Bible Himself, not had the need to inspire writers to write it for them? We already know that God has the skills (is able to) to write [here] in the physical world. One example of God's writing skills was when He wrote the Ten Commandments. Who would like to answer this?
0 Replies