um saucer of milk, table 2
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 10:11 am
Yaaaay!!!! Razz
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:25 am
It's not worth it, Bella...Stray Cat is so angst ridden that she will just continue to make hypocritical insults towards everyone who responds to her situation.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:49 pm
Yaaay!!!! Hypocritical insults!! Yaaayyy!!! Razz

Stuh, are you still mad at me because I corrected your use of gender vs. sex?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:20 pm
Bella's right. You're either a happy person or you're not. And if you depend on your relationship statuses to determine your happiness, it's not healthy. That's called "insecurity."

I don't think that was harsh, it's pretty simple.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:21 pm
Yes, that's true, Slappy.

But anyone can feel bad right after a break-up. I think that's pretty normal.

The truth is, when I fall for someone, I fall hard, and I fall all the way. Maybe that's not particularly healthy, but I don't think I'm alone there. I think plenty of others are like that too.

But I know what you mean about being basically happy or not. I've seen people, right here on A2K, who always sound so....well, pretty unhappy, no matter what's going on in their lives. Then there are people who always sound upbeat. In fact, I think you're a good example of that (being upbeat, I mean).
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:16 pm
Some serious theology:

"God, I have a problem."
"What's the problem, Eve?"
"I know that you created me and provided this beautiful garden
and all of these wonderful animals, as well as that hilarious
comedic snake,but I'm just not happy."
"And why is that Eve?"
"God, I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."
"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for
you."
"Man...what is that, God?"
"A flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat and be
vain. All in all, he'll give you a hard time. But he'll be bigger, faster
and like to hunt and kill things. I'll create him in such a way that he
will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in
childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He won't be
as smart as you, so he will also need your advice to think
properly."
"Sounds great," says Eve, with ironically raised eyebrows, "but
is
there a catch?"
"Well.....you can have him on one condition. "
"What is that God?""
"As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant and self admiring..... so you'll
have to let him believe that I made him first. And it will have to be
our little secret........ you know, woman to woman."
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:42 pm
material girl wrote:
Men lie to get what they want.Once you realise and accept it life becomes less disapointing.

That sounds like most of the women I've met. Men don't have a monopoly on lies, selfishness, immaturity, and being lazy arseholes. I honestly believe, that women are far more shallow than the average man.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 06:04 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
its not the size of the boat

but the motion of the ocean..

Nope, I'm pretty sure is the size of the boat...
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 07:15 pm
material girl wrote:
Men lie to get what they want.Once you realise and accept it life becomes less disapointing.

Naaaa... not all men lie. Just 99.9% of them. Cool

Tehehe... Just kidding. Seriously, I've probably met as many honest men as dishonest. And I know for sure the ratio is about the same for women as well. We're human. Putting up fronts is a way of life now a days, it seems. Of course I don't have the healthiest perspective right now. None the less, people are just people. I think it would be sad to write off all men just because some of them are louse's with an agenda. I've tried the whole "let's just assume things will turn out bad so if I do it's not so disappointing" mentality. Made me miserable. You get what you wish for more often than not.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 03:05 pm
Heph
I couldn't agree more. People are people and I've seen just as much lies run through both genders. I hate to say it, but I find the new generation of girls to be just as manipulitive as I use to feel men were.
I've taken quite a few years for myself to sort out my life and I've learned that just because I made bad choices in men doesn't mean that they are all this way.
My last job was a great place for me to study people. I've always been curious to know about what makes people tick, so I pay attention.
This is not always a good thing because some people really piss me off, lol.
Anyway, I couldn't help but notice how very different the young girls are today compared to when I was a teenager and I was amazed at how bold they have gotten.
From what I've seen from these young ladies tends to make me feel for the young men of the world today Laughing
Seriously, these poor boys are scared to death, heehee!

All in all, this street goes both ways and there are good and bad people everywhere, male and female.
0 Replies