TO MEN

stuh505

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:55 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
It sounds like neither one of you has ever been rejected or seriously hurt in a relationship. I'm really glad for you -- so I'll try to overlook the condescending, superior tone of your posts and the smug cruelty underlying them.

Most likely, they have been hurt in a relationship...and I'm sorry that you were hurt...but honestly, anyone who blames the male gender for their problems deserves to be made fun of.

I shouldn't have to point out that the condescending superior tone of your initial post is not on the surface.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:21 pm
Quote:
anyone who blames the male gender for their problems deserves to be made fun of.

So does someone who incorrectly uses the word "gender" when they should use the word "sex."

But seriously, stuh. How do you account for someone like Howard Stern who was made a living primarily based on bashing the opposite "gender," and who has profited handsomely from it?

What do you think would happen if there were a female version of Howard Stern on the radio, one who would make a practice of consistently bashing, bad-mouthing and demeaning men?

You know what I think would happen? There would be such an indignant outcry from men, her show would be cancelled within a week.

Because as much as you men love to dish it out -- you can't take it, baby!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:46 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
What do you think would happen if there were a female version of Howard Stern....one who would make a practice of consistently bashing, bad-mouthing and demeaning men?

There is. Her name is Oprah.

I wasn't talking condescending. I was actually indirectly referring to someone basically saying, "I haven't had a lot of dating experience, but men suck." Point being, don't tell me about relationships, and I won't tell you about tampons. Lay off the caffeine.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:57 pm
Hey, I like Oprah.

Stray Cat, I think you are pulling this way of out reality. One bad man does not a world make. Both sexes are guilty of creating hurt feelings and leaving broken hearts in their wake. The best revenge is to find a new love, have great sex, do fun stuff and forget about the jerk.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:15 pm
Do under others as you would want do under you.

Best way to get over someone is to get under someone.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:18 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
So does someone who incorrectly uses the word "gender" when they should use the word "sex."

You didn't know that "gender" is a synonym for "sex"? The irony here is really killing me!!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:22 pm
So, out of curiosity...what did you think "gender" means?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:40 pm
Oy. Ok, this is just for you, stuh...

1) A socially constructed system of classification that ascribes qualities of masculinity and femininity to people. Gender characteristics can change over time and are different between cultures.
2) One's sense of self as masculine or feminine regardless of external genitalia. Gender is often conflated with sex. This is inaccurate because sex refers to bodies and gender refers to personality characteristics.

Sex:

Refers to a person based on their anatomy (external genitalia, chromosomes, and internal reproductive system).

Stuh, with all due respect, please put "dictionary" on your Christmas list this year, baby.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 11:08 pm
http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/6160/picture0019ff.jpg

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5848/picture0024pp.jpg

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/4966/picture0031tp.jpg

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/8820/picture0054rq.jpg

It almost feels wrong having to ask my beautiful baby for an answer on such a mundane word. It's so insulting to it.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 11:46 pm
Question Question Question Question

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/MorrisT.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 07:57 am
How did this conversation turn to the definition of gender? Who cares!

Hurt or not, the only person you can blame your unhappiness on is YOU. If you put that responsibility on someone else, you are in for a world of heartache and a lifetime of being miserable and angry.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:06 am
Wow! Chill out, Bella. You sound a little miserable yourself.

And the next time you are either hurt or unhappy, I hope somebody does the same favor for you and tells you it's your fault.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:16 am
Stray Cat wrote:
Wow! Chill out, Bella. You sound a little miserable yourself.

And the next time you are either hurt or unhappy, I hope somebody does the same favor for you and tells you it's your fault.

Question

I sound miserable? And how would that be? I am actually feeling quite happy today.

And by the way, the fault I was laying at your feet is called responsibilty of self. If you want to blame all your problems and unhappiness on someone else, go for it. But I guarantee you, you will never be happy.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:27 am
You're feeling happy? You sound harsh.

When did I say I wanted to blame all my problems and unhappiness on someone else, Bella?

I happen to be a very responsible person, too, thank you very much.

And I guarantee you, I will be happy. May not be at the moment, but will again soon.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:37 am
Stray Cat wrote:
You're feeling happy? You sound harsh.

When did I say I wanted to blame all my problems and unhappiness on someone else, Bella?

I happen to be a very responsible person, too, thank you very much.

And I guarantee you, I will be happy. May not be at the moment, but will again soon.

I'm honest and if that's harsh, well, so be it. Take it or leave it. That's the great thing about advice and opinions. You can take 'em or leave 'em.

And you will become unhappy again when some guy makes the wrong move because you are leaning on other people to make you happy. We will see another string of these threads and you will be on another rampage about how awful men are. You think I haven't been around long enough to see people like you come full circle?

And on a final note, in case you didn't know there's a difference between blaming someone and being angry with them. You are blaming men for all the shitty things they do when you should be angry at the one who did.

And you aren't the only one.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:54 am
You need to go back and read my first post on this thread. It was directed at the "one the who did." I wasn't going to use his name, Bella, so I titled this thread "To Men."

I'm sure you've been around long enough to see plenty of things, Bella, but you've never met me, you don't know me and you're making a hell of a lot of assumptions about me.

What's happened to me, and the way I'm feeling has nothing to do with "leaning on someone to make me happy." It just has absolutely nothing to do with that.

I wonder if you could be projecting something in your own life onto me? Because I really don't know what you're talking about.

I haven't been leaning on anybody to make me happy, quite the other way around in fact. I had someone who depended on me for a hell of a lot of emotional support -- which I gave them.

Please don't assume you know the whole story when you know nothing about it.

And as for my experiences here at A2K -- I have also freely given emotional support to others here when they needed it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:02 am
Stray Cat wrote:

I wonder if you could be projecting something in your own life onto me? Because I really don't know what you're talking about.

Nope.

Stray Cat wrote:

Please don't assume you know the whole story when you know nothing about it.

If you want people to make assumptions, then keep on giving us incomplete information.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:07 am
I don't feel like I have to spill the whole story here, Bella, unless I choose to. Maybe soon I'll do a thread about it, but at the moment it's a little too painful, if you don't mind.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:08 am
Stray Cat wrote:
I don't feel like I have to spill the whole story here, Bella, unless I choose to. Maybe soon I'll do a thread about it, but at the moment it's a little too painful, if you don't mind.

I don't mind at all, but thanks for asking.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 09:54 am
You're very welcome. Razz
0 Replies