Atheists... Your life is pointless

farmerman

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:10 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I really do not feel like explaining it all to you...and you can think that my experiences are a big friggen joke, if you would like too!! you asked me a question about lack of evidence...I told you...I have seen, and experienced much more evidence than any person would ever possibly need!!

sounds like youve got a lot of unresolved anger here man. Im asking for some discussion on your "evidence" and you , like all the others that preceeded you, seem to take a moral high ground with no route map.

I dont wish to engage in trading insults so Ill forego what your attitude reads like in print. If you do not wish to discuss any evidence and facts, then, to be honest, you shouldnt bring up the assertions since they dont carry any weight at all . The assertions remind me of all the stories my nun teachers used to pull out of their habits to provide some fear based lesson on why I shouldnt bite my fingernails or why we mst brush after each meal. The facts that support brushing or not biting are easily communicated with logic and science. Sister Consalatta would "make up" these tales involving goda and demons.
Your own personal tales of gods and demons need to be vetted or not raised. If you disagree then you relly are like everyone else whose taken the affirmative of their threads title.
eurocelticyankee

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:11 am
@reasoning logic,
Yeah RL, I know what corner I'm in, do you?.
reasoning logic

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:15 am
@eurocelticyankee,
I don't lick no balls so you will not find me in a corner. I'll just watch and listen.
This is how I learn.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:16 am
@farmerman,
No, you see it is a lose lose for me, and I can see this...If I post it...It will be discussed, and you will find way s to try to discredit it, but I will not accept...and then people like Setanta will have fire power about me boasting, or prating about supposed gifts I have etc...

If your really interested, Go read Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity, I am sure you will see some of the experiences I have had, and witnessed!!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:17 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The so-called "strong atheists" assert that there is no god. You call that a "guess." I call it a belief set. But they don't consider it a belief, they consider it a certainty.

Okay. But keep in mind that many theists also do not consider their "belief" in gods to be "beliefs"...they consider it to be certainty. We both understand that it is a mindset that refuses to see the other possibility.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if you, or i or anyone else considders them deluded, they don't consider it a belief. As far as a strong atheist is concerned, there is no belief for them to change.

Well, there is the "mindset of certainty" to change, so that was where I was going with my question.

I'm not going to sidetrack this thread by going further on this. I've been reading the thread for some time now and it really seems to be...unfruitful.

But it appears everyone here is having lots of fun doing what is being done, so I'll just keep on reading.
Setanta

@XXSpadeMasterXX,
If you consider it an insult to have it pointed out that you never see the other guy's point of view, the simple solution is to learn to listen to others and understand what their points of view are--rather than whining about it like a spoiled child.

And you're a goddamned liar. You said you could link posts of atheists who had asked for a sign from god--you volunteered that claim. So i said go ahead. You started backpeddling, saying you wouldn't do it because you didn't want me to "go to war" with them, and telling me i'm hateful. Beneficial my ass . . . you're a petulant, bullying, hateful child who can't take criticism and who can't or won't see the points of view of others. If that's insulting to you, do something about it.
0 Replies

MrsVISHOUS2012

@farmerman,
Hi, sorry for being random but you are an atheist right?
So by your definition any non-Christian who finds genuine flaws in Christianity, his statement is made invalid is a fallacy of logic?
I want to join in the conversation but it keeps changing! I am not looking to hurt people’s feelings; this is just an educational experience, to sharpen my skills.
My first comment i made was ignored and it was to the topic. It's at the bottom. Thank you:)

http://able2know.org/topic/62055-151
Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Sure, i see that. I've said for years that there are atheists out there who make a religion of their "unbelief." My point is that Spade is claiming that he knows atheists who have said they'd change their belief if they had a sign from god. I'm pointing out that atheists (of either type) don't have a belief to change (at least from their point of view). It's because he makes an idiotic claim like that that it is evident that he can't see the other guy's point of view.
eurocelticyankee

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:21 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I don't lick no balls

Ok ?

Moving on, even just 'watching, listening and learning' eventually you'll have to form an opinion and choose a corner.
Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:28 am
RL forms opinions, he's just not honest about them. His thread about antisemitism is a wonderful example.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:29 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
No it wasn't here is my response...

http://able2know.org/topic/62055-152#post-4907233

No one answered because they did not know you were new, and were not gonna answer a question directed to another...
Frank Apisa

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:30 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Sure, i see that. I've said for years that there are atheists out there who make a religion of their "unbelief." My point is that Spade is claiming that he knows atheists who have said they'd change their belief if they had a sign from god. I'm pointing out that atheists (of either type) don't have a belief to change (at least from their point of view). It's because he makes an idiotic claim like that that it is evident that he can't see the other guy's point of view.

I cannot speak for atheists of either stripe on that, Set. I would hope that any atheist of the mindset that there is no GOD would change that mindset if he/she had a sign from the GOD.

In response to questions on this (we've even discussed this here in the past, if memory serves), I figure a "sign" from any GOD would be something like:

A booming voice heard by every person around the world announcing that on a particular day in the near future, the GOD would move the planet Jupiter or Saturn away from the Solar System for 30 days and return it in place thereafter. All subject to scrutiny by astronomers on Earth.

My mindset, particularly the part that suggests there is no unambiguous evidence of a GOD, would certainly be given lots of reconsideration from me if that "sign" were to happen. Not sure of what any true atheist would need as a "sign"...but I am sure there are atheists who could conceive of a sign that would be sufficient to change the mindset. (Granted, the person would not be changing a "belief" unless he/she actually called it a belief.)
spendius

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:33 am
@Setanta,
It's Setanta who is clueless.

He knows very well that there is no meeting ground between believers and atheists. So he uses believers to jack his ego off and vent his spleen using the same trite arguments that have been common for thousands of years.

The economic argument he doesn't wish to know. He pretends he is aloof from it as a method of avoiding it. He can't make an economic argument for atheism. Or he is scared of doing.

The economic argument for Christianity is obvious. It's what we have. The greatest success story in the history of the world. And Setanta benefits from it all day long.

Basically he's a wet wimp who uses vituperation to feel better about himself. And he knows which targets to exercise it on.

The argument is about sex, manners, etiquette, sex, the best for the most and sex. And it is anything but easy. He is focussed on the difficulties as if they are caused by Christianity rather than human nature. Under atheism human nature has a free hand. It's anarchic. To prevent that there has to be a Great Leader, a cult of personality, and dogma. God is easier on the eye.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:35 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
Moving on, even just 'watching, listening and learning' eventually you'll have to form an opinion and choose a corner.

I personally think that we all get it wrong. We all hold a little bit of the truth and a whole lot of bullshit.

SpadeMaster has a whole lot of faith that he teaches as an absolute certainty but he does try to come across as a caring person. Could that be a mask of sanity? It could be, We all seem to wear one at times.

Setanta does not seem to care at all, "that he comes across as antisocial and is not interested in wearing a mask of sanity to cover it up. Setanta does add value with his history knowledge, it is just his bipolar ways that some people seem to get annoyed with.

That is only my observation.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
If you guys want me to be graphic for a second...I have been to the deepest darkest, most wretched, horrific, abdominal places...I have been to the depths of Hell, many times before, and will many times again...

If there is 7 gates to Hell, I have been to at least the 5th one...
MrsVISHOUS2012

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:36 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
It doesn't matter. Thank you
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:38 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
Quote:
So by your definition any non-Christian who finds genuine flaws in Christianity, his statement is made invalid is a fallacy of logic?
Youve loadded up too many double negatives in one sentence so you may wish to recast that so we arent mutually talking over or around each other.
CHristians critiquing non Christians or atheists is certainly valid of its done point by point but not by some blanket statement like

"'Ive seen stuff but I cant talk about it. If the stuff Ive seen would be shown to an atheist, that atheist would become a Baptist over the next few nanoseconds" Many of us have seen scenes so vile and horrible also, and weve seen the best in hiuman nature that transcends the horrid. SO WHAT?

Of course Ive paraphrased for my own amusement but still, all the religious have used lack of evidence as a tool of "faith". Then, by summoning up "personal events" as proof is only done to try to put guys like me on the densive. In public it works really well cause, any random crowd organized is probably overwhelmingly Christian . In a forum like this we can cast doubst in whatever decibe level we choose and we all feel relatively safe. YET, the title of this thread is just an example of how the religious rely upon these baseless statements and fact free assertions to "make theoir cases".
Several of us have, in this very thread, cast nets of doubt over the folks of faith, I think thats why the buckets of frustration with the religious come from. I recall that several have held most of the religious to account usually without any resolution . Usually the critical ones just disappear as they lose interest or debates.

Set called it correctly, we do have the opportunity here to yell, BULLSHIT in a crowded forum. Its only business, nothing personal.
spendius

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:40 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
Quote:
My first comment i made was ignored and it was to the topic. It's at the bottom. Thank you.

Hey Mrs--I answered that. At some length. It wasn't ignored at all.
Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
(Granted, the person would not be changing a "belief" unless he/she actually called it a belief.)

That's the point i'm making, Frank.
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:47 am
@spendius,
Just watch the buggers trying to avoid the economic question. It must scare them out of their wits.

You want a sign Frank. Turn the telly on. Watch a rocket take off.