Atheists... Your life is pointless

izzythepush

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Nobody is laughing at the crucifixion. It turns the usual phrase on its head, that's why it's funny. It made me laugh anyway. When something makes me laugh, I just laugh, I don't think about it, I laugh.
Setanta

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:35 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
No it doesn't. This is why you suck at this kind of thing. You make **** up in your mind, and you'll actually resent people for it. I said that spades is for people who can't handle bridge--it was what is known as a throw away line--and you took the bait. I have no opinion on and no interest in your card playing skills. You'te the kind of clown who would think that's important. It's not. That you have been fulminating about it for pages now is evidence of your lack of a sense of proportion--your inability to distinguish what matters from the essential silliness of existence.

You run around here ranting at people, advertising yourself as a prophet, as a master at the game of spades, as having accomplished a feat in bowling--so what? You can't argue a point coherently, not just because your rhetorical skills suck, but because you are completely incapable of either seeing the points of view of others, or of seeing yourself as others see you.

Clown.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:37 am
@izzythepush,
why would dj... post a Very Happy

He either thinks the way Jesus ending was..is either funny, or he is happy about it...

But the bottom line is, Most Christians are prepared to go whatever way they go...Most of them are denying themselves, and carrying their cross...
djjd62

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:40 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
and i'm more than willing to go any way i go, i think more people should be, most hang on too long in pain and suffering, all i ask is once i'm gone let me be gone, no afterlife, good or bad, just blessed nothingness
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:43 am
@Setanta,
So I guess RL is incapable of seeing you attack him? And so is Spendi right?

I never said card games, bowling etc are important...and only talked about my gift when it was asked...Which is called being truthful!

ALL this bullshit started when you showed up, and made your remarks...yesterday! and today!! Sorry, words don't lie! Go back and look it up, if you don't believe me!!
Setanta

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:46 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
No, it all started when you advertised your "gift" with the card game called spades. It is just more evidence that the thread is idle. The only person i see here who is actually discussing the subject is Djjd. You certainly aren't. Look it up if you don't believe me.
djjd62

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:48 am
@Setanta,
well you know me, i'm a stickler for staying on topic and keeping the threads on point Razz
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 11:53 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
No, it all started when you advertised your "gift" with the card game called spades. It is just more evidence that the thread is idle. The only person i see here who is actually discussing the subject is Djjd. You certainly aren't. Look it up if you don't believe me.

No, it all started when you took personal insult to me explaining my name...How dense are you?? I am not talking about explaining, not explaining Card games skills...

Look at this post again, and reread it more carefully this time...and the reason why the thread is dead right now, is because others were smart enough to see this and went away...Since your a pest!! I now feel, like it is my mission, when called upon to give you a dose of your own medicine!! Once you go, and I post, and they post, they will come back!!

I will update it for you since you didn't pick up on it the first time around!

LOL, not at all even close to accurate!!

You said spades is for people who can't handle bridge...that imply's my card game skills suck, because I do not excel in the game you think is top notch!

Go back and reread the last 5 pages...we were discussing the Original topic, and other ones in particular, from Christian, Atheist, and Agnostic perspectives...But once again, since you didn't see it...means it couldn't possibly be real...and this place couldn't go on with out you, right??

As for the childishness, you were the FIRST to post about it...When you where the FIRST to do it...

posting about playing spades, and being good or not, is not childish...I explained my name...

Childishness started, when you decided to attack me about weak card game skills...And then the Childishness started again! when you came here today, and attacked at least 3 different people!!

And then again you have the utter audacity, and gall to complain about it...but are not smart enough to see your the jerk who created the whole mess...We were having a fine time till you came!!

So, just go back to your sandbox...and let the thinkers do the thinking huh??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:05 pm
@djjd62,
But apparently both you and Setanta were NOT following the thread...Do you 2 really believe the last 5 pages we were talking about Card games, and got off topic, and you brought it back up??? (no I did not think so)

This shows no one, not even me, care at ALL about card games...and it was Brought up and talked about when Setanta attacked me for explaining me name...

THEN the bullshit started yesterday!!

THEN I LEFT, and he LEFT...

THEN, I CAME BACK< and ALL OF US WERE DISCUSSING THINGS...

THEN, for about 5 pages we were discussing things that were cool, and important...which others were saying, as well as myself...

THEN, the bullshit started again when Setanta Started today!!

THEN, Djj, made a comment about Card games!!

NOW, the bullshit is going on, and people left, because of him!!!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:08 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
NOW! I am going to leave like the others have...till Setanta is gone...And I will post later...And the others will come back and post...And we will discuss religion, and atheism again...
0 Replies

djjd62

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:09 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
i was simply following the thread as i read it, don't include me in your hysterics, if i see something posted, regardless of the original topic, i'll make a comment

i know it's some folks pet peeve, but i never care if topics stray, the strayier a thread is, the better it is, in my opinion

wmwcjr

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 12:42 pm
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/popcorn.gif

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/222214_main.jpg

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/phillyburbs.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/03/803b5ec2-0568-11e1-97b3-0019bb30f31a/4eb1639a62896.image.jpg

I admit it: I'm a coward. But it's hard to keep track of who said what to whom. Besides, I have no debating skills, anyway. Mr. Green

Carry on ... Twisted Evil
Frank Apisa

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:15 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
But what about after that Frank? If we agree that blind guesses are not worth a blow on a hobo's snot-rag then how do we proceed and in what way would an agnostic proceed that an atheist wouldn't.

An agnostic would simply acknowledge that we do not know if gods exist or not…and continue to live life. Morality and a sense of decency does not have to depend on a god…it can be a function of how society works best. And it can be a function of the so-called Golden Rule.

Quote:
Both positions are rejecting Christian inhibitions.

I certainly do not “reject” Christian “inhibitions” on matters like stealing or murdering. I say we humans can set up reasonable standards for ourselves…for what allows for society and individuals to function reasonably. We will argue over those things…discuss them…and probably have wars over them. And any Christian inhibitions I do reject do not depend on my agnosticism as a reason for being.

Quote:
And mounting the sort of arguments that sound plausible to the inexperienced in order to justify the rejection. And which the inexperienced need little encouragement to accept as the inhibitions require them to sacrifice their fondest hopes.

Not sure what you mean here.
Frank Apisa

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 01:19 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
You're wasting your time, Frank. Spade is incapable of grasping those concepts.

You may be correct, Set...but I have not interacted with him enough to judge this to be the case yet.

Dealing with people who are into religion can be very trying...and I may abandon further discussion if I see it as futile. But keep in mind that I still discuss with Spendius...so I have a high threshold for what is or is not futile!!! Wink
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 02:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
spendi is an entirely different animal; at least his prose is entertaining if not based on reality or common sense of the average man. He loves to quote from classics, and intermingle that with his own take on subjects that are usually irrelevant.

spendi provides the daily laughter and chatter much needed in today's world.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 02:54 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
As for this thread being "dead," i just said it's idle. Given that i don't see anyone discussing the topic, i have no reason to change my opinion.

What Setanta means is that he didn't see that 2 of my last 3 posts were discussing the topic and the other was a short observation on card games which was being discussed as well. He doesn't have me on Ignore but he closes his eyes whilst he scrolls past them or a companion places a newspaper over the screen when she sees them.

You see patient readers, if there is an understandable motive for being an atheist and it works then it's whoopee time and that is certainly not pointless. And it hardly needs saying, although I have said it before thinking that a few people of low intelligence might have joined our happy band, that if an atheist's life is pointless then so also must be the lives of everybody else. And then the atheist has the last laugh in a sort of reversal of Pascal's Wager because he or she has got away with a life of gorgeous sinning. And the rest have been goodie-goodies for **** all.

One simply couldn't make one's life pointless by becoming an atheist. Getting away with a life of beautiful sinning is hardly pointless.

Saying that one doesn't see the topic discussed when its stuck on the ******* screen right under your nose is pointless. Big time.

cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 03:00 pm
@spendius,
"Sinning" is a man-made word that only refers to religion and nothing else.
We live in a world where different cultures and countries have laws that can be either secular or religious based or a combination of the two. In most cases, they are called "crimes." Some sins can also be a crime, but not all sins are crimes.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 03:03 pm
@djjd62,
Sorry< I have to apologize directly to you! I seem to have clumped you into a group with Setanta...and no one deserves that! You seem to be a decent guy! or Girl!

I did not mean to judge you, I am sorry!
djjd62

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 03:08 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
no problem, truth be told, i've met set, he's a nice guy
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 03:10 pm
@djjd62,
Hey, we're all nice guys in person. LOL Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk