Atheists... Your life is pointless

Frank Apisa

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:38 am
@spendius,
Quote:
There's no need Frank. Your fear of the law is sufficient for that.

The law is the law...it is there for a purpose.

Quote:
Does anything not covered by the law meet with your acceptance?

Yup. Jessica Alba meets my acceptance quite nicely.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:41 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I have "experienced" things from the spiritual realm (we'll just say)

I watched that TV show called "Hunting for Bigfoot" The premise of that show is kinda like Christianity. These guys are all running around the map with all kinds of gizmos, convinced that a sasquatch will spoon appear . Yet theyve never been able to do anything but have these really boring interludes of shots of themselves under "Nite Vision Goggles" so everybody looks green.

Christianity is kinda like that (So are all other religions but Christianity is such a hige well connected business that Im just picking on it.

Whatever goes on between you and set is just that. I figger he and you can get it on.
My questions are more of a continuing lack of logic base that Christianity seems to embrace and celebrate.

PS, youll never get RL to understand that noone really watches his movies and they dont really add anything. Many have tried, none have succeeded.
Frank Apisa

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:43 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
No, you're being very silly, or, more likely, you're just arguing because you can, which is a trait i've seen in you. Spade said he knew atheists who said they'd change their belief if they had a sign from god. Now that's just stupid for two reasons--one because they aren't going to be looking for a "sign" from what they don't believe exists, and two because they don't have a belief to change--it's the absence or rejection of belief.

Set...you are absolutely certain there are no atheists who "have no belief" to change?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:43 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
All of your beliefs , by extension, begin with'We assume that a god exists and if you dontYOUR LIFE IS MEANINGLESS". Hows at for smug self delusion?

I never said I felt that way...Seems you barking to the wrong choir here!! Not all Christian believe the way Creasy does...You need to ask a person questions about their beliefs/lack of beliefs full, before you go ranting, and stereotyping them...

Quote:
This entire thread isnt anything more than a shoutfest by th relsigious at the a-religious. Youve never upheld any of your beliefs and dodge the entire subject because you presume you are right. Bernie Maddox was like you guys.

No, when I first came here, the FIRST thing I said was I do not condone this type of original question, nor reasoning...This thread is highly a minotaur on how things work around here...and there are reasons to believe this website, isn't much different than it was 7 years ago, when this topic came to be!! This thread is almost one of the only one like it on here I bet! and if you go look at any theist, atheist thread...there is a lot more bashing of a's to theists...

I have no Idea what your thinking you know about me, and my perspectives, but it seems your wrong...and jumping to conclusions!!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:45 am
@farmerman,
Maybe those 'Hunting For Bigfoot' chaps are a bit sensationalist, but cryptozoologists find new species every day.

Quote:
A month-long expedition in late 2005 to the hitherto unexplored Foja Mountains of New Guinea resulted in the rediscovery of a bowerbird and bird of para­dise, and the discovery of a wholly new honey­eater and giant rat. In November 2008, zoologist Dr Bruce Beehler led a second Conserv­ation International expedition to the Fojas, lasting another month. The official press release, in May this year, revealed that the team had once again discovered some truly remarkable animals.

http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/cryptozoology/3733/pinocchio_frogs_and_pygmy_wallabies.html
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:46 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I have seen more than enough "evidence" to turn a Satanist to a Believer...
Those are what I call "marine stories". They usually start with "THIS IS NO ****"

If youve been so exposed, why not share them and let us decide. I buy NOTHING over the internet thats not been first inspected. I bid on a car on ebay and the guy was incensed that I wanted to inspect it. Youve gotta understand that many of us have seen the world of the weirdness of quantum chemistry and we understand that that is the way the world sometimes works and its not divinely instigated.

If its repeatable, its science and fact. If it aint, its unique or some kind of an anomalu. If all I have is to take your word for it, I DONT
reasoning logic

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:48 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Your Jesus picture still looks more like some German gay boy than it does a Jew.

Talk about peace making it don't get much better than that.

Quote:
debating in our own thread, just me and you??? And a no, to leaving one another be?? and making a treaty, or pact??

Are you serious? I never seen a pact here at a2k but rather packs. You can either be as you have been "your own person" know matter how crazy I think you are at times or you can join one of the many "packs" that lurk around hear.

If you look closely you will see that there is an alpha dog and then there are many beta dogs that lick the balls of the alpha dog and then there are others like you in your own world. The alpha tries to get stray dogs like you in order or he tries to chase you off because you will not submit to his type of thinking.

Not exactly accurate but it is a point of view.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Most of em dont get it and just act offended at the term bullshit.

Or, if paying attention to this thread in the last hr or so...

there were a few attempts by me, to be civilized and peaceful with Setanta...But he refuses, and wishes to remain persistently against me, and for all that I stand for...when he says not much before he doesn't hate anyone...

I do not care if he thinks I am a bullshitter or not...It is irrelevant to me...I just want him to get all the **** he has to say off his chest, or leave me alone...

He has unresolved issues with me...I am game at ANY point to leave him be and say goodbye at anytime...Or if it helps him, I will debate in a proper thread so that others are away from this ****...

Is that enough "using my brain" to "progress humanity''??
Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
The so-called "strong atheists" assert that there is no god. You call that a "guess." I call it a belief set. But they don't consider it a belief, they consider it a certainty. It doesn't matter if you, or i or anyone else considders them deluded, they don't consider it a belief. As far as a strong atheist is concerned, there is no belief for them to change. This a minor failure to see the other guy's point of view on your part. With Spade, it's a never ending, major inability to see the other guy's point of view.
reasoning logic

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:55 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
PS, youll never get RL to understand that noone really watches his movies and they dont really add anything. Many have tried, none have succeeded.

Many times when you speak of things out side of you field of expertise you look stupider and stupider.

Many scientist would laugh at you if you think Pat's work does not really add anything of value.
Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:56 am
@farmerman,
Anus went absolutely ballistic because i called bullshit. That was the point at which he went completely to pieces and started calling everyone who disagreed with him foul names. He had written a post about all the "historical evidence" for the putative Jesus. I began my response by writing: "Not to put too fine a point on it, but bullshit . . ." He lost it entirely then.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:56 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
your issues with set are your issues. My mind "set" is way more aligned with his. Im sorta, maybe more nicely, saying bullshit also. As this entire thread has "Blossomed" NOBODY of the religious persuasion has done any more than parrot some of the stuff youve said'

"Ive seen things spiritual" without even dicussing them. If these spiritual things are brought up by you, I think I have an expectation that you would discuss them in detail without the pronouncement that"These spiritual things Ive seen are enough to make any atheist turn around". MAYBE NOT, I find that statement fairly self --serving and kind of fatuous in its own content-free base-of-being.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 06:59 am
@farmerman,
Well, then for my sake, I really do not feel like explaining it all to you...and you can think that my experiences are a big friggen joke, if you would like too!! you asked me a question about lack of evidence...I told you...I have seen, and experienced much more evidence than any person would ever possibly need!!

If you really are just looking for ways to lump me in with a Sociopath-Christian who started this thread...and now I came along, of the same "supposed faith'' and wish to think I am like him, then your sadly mistaken indeed! like I said, asking questions would have been better than the position you went down...How about using your brain on that one??
Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:00 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
People have a right not to believe "what [you] stand for," it doesn't make them hateful. No one is obliged to accept what you stand for, no one is obliged to pussyfoot around when you're posting bullshit.

I have no "unresolved issues" with you--you really love all that pop-psychology horse ****, don't you? Does it make you feel wise? I'm right up front with you. Any time i see you posting bullshit, i'm gonna call bullshit.

Peddling the same old worn-out bullshit supersition which has been around for thousands of years doesn't do anything for human progress. Calling yourself a prophet while you do it, though, does make the exercise pretty damned funny.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:04 am
@farmerman,
If you thought this? why did you ask me about them??
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:05 am
@Setanta,
So then act like a man, go into a thread with me, where we can basically shut the door behind us, take the gloves off...and go at it!!!
eurocelticyankee

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:08 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Let's get ready to RUMBLE!
Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:09 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You're an asshole. Don't tell me some "act like a man" horse ****. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I can call your bullshit right here, i'm not going to play some stupid, playground game with you.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

@eurocelticyankee,
Amen brother
XXSpadeMasterXX

@Setanta,
Frank said: Set...you are absolutely certain there are no atheists who "have no belief" to change?

Setanta said:

Quote:
The so-called "strong atheists" assert that there is no god. You call that a "guess." I call it a belief set. But they don't consider it a belief, they consider it a certainty. It doesn't matter if you, or i or anyone else considders them deluded, they don't consider it a belief. As far as a strong atheist is concerned, there is no belief for them to change. This a minor failure to see the other guy's point of view on your part. With Spade, it's a never ending, major inability to see the other guy's point of view.

You see Frank? In one breath he says he doesn't hate me, but in answering your direct question, he still felt the NEED to insult me!!

then says he doesn't have unresolved problems as well...But I haven't really said to anything to him...Only things that (even though would get ugly) would be benificial!!