Atheists... Your life is pointless

John Creasy

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 02:05 pm
Terry wrote:

If there is a god, why does he make people so stupid that they cannot understand simple concepts, such as:

We care about others because our brains have evolved the ability to empathize.
Fittest does not mean strongest. It also means being able to convince others to cooperate, share resources, and provide emotional support.
Love is important whether or not there are jealous and vengeful gods.
Memories do not depend on religious belief, although building pyramids and temples can ensure name recognition for ages.

So empathy and love are a product of evolution? What nonsense.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 02:37 pm
We do live like the animals we are. Sheesh. I thought at least that would be obvious to you.

As for the atheists on the religion forum, half of the threads started by deists are aimed at atheists. Without us, there would be no religion forum. It would wither from boredom.
0 Replies

Amigo

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:11 pm
John Creasy wrote:
I will admit I get a small tinge of amusement from your knee-jerk reactions. I'll ask again, why are so many atheists on a religion forum? Especially if they can't even handle someone questioning them?
You get more of a "small tinge of amusement" from our "knee-jerk" reaction as you call it. You need it. you feed off it. Thats why you searched us out by yelling "Hey Atheist" then follow it with an insult "your life is pointless" Then accuse us of "coming out of the wood work" another insult and asking us why were here in the religion forum when you called out to us. "Your life is pointless" is your bait". If you were to really admit something to us you would admit your looking for conflict with atheist but you won't admit that because you haven't admitted it to yourself. The only question I'm asking is why.

Be ye lamps unto thyself.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:25 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
We do live like the animals we are. Sheesh. I thought at least that would be obvious to you.

Really? So you are completely uninhibited and do whatever you feel compelled to do at any moment. I know I don't.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:29 pm
I do what the human animal evolved doing.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:34 pm
Amigo wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
I will admit I get a small tinge of amusement from your knee-jerk reactions. I'll ask again, why are so many atheists on a religion forum? Especially if they can't even handle someone questioning them?
You get more of a "small tinge of amusement" from our "knee-jerk" reaction as you call it. You need it. you feed off it. Thats why you searched us out by yelling "Hey Atheist" then follow it with an insult "your life is pointless" Then accuse us of "coming out of the wood work" another insult and asking us why were here in the religion forum when you called out to us. "Your life is pointlees" is your bait". If you were to really admit something to us you would admit your desperitely looking for conflict with atheist but you won't admit that because you haven't admited it to yourself. The only question I'm asking is why.

Be ye lamps unto thyself.

As for you amiga, I'm glad that you have diagnosed my psychiatric state. Actually I'm rarely on this forum so your conclusion that I need conflict is dead wrong. I just happened to see that all that is discussed on this forum is how anyone that believes in God is stupid, and atheists are so smart, yada yada yada. So I decided to put my two cents in. If you don't like it fine, you're welcome to disagree. My thread title was meant to be provoking, it worked didn't it?
0 Replies

John Creasy

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:35 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I do what the human animal evolved doing.

And what exactly is that??
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:36 pm
John Creasy
John Creasy, why don't you take your thumb out of your mouth so your brain can work better? I've expended all the energy I intend to on your useless thread.

Ta Ta.

BBB
0 Replies

John Creasy

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:42 pm
Re: John Creasy
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
John Creasy, why don't you take your thumb out of your mouth so your brain can work better? I've expended all the energy I intend to on your useless thread.

Ta Ta.

BBB

What's the matter buddy??? You can't take it when someone disagrees with you?? Then please do go somewhere else, your arrogance will not be missed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 04:46 pm
I and you act the way we evolved, for better or worse. Some of us just have a clearer vision of what we are.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:07 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I and you act the way we evolved, for better or worse. Some of us just have a clearer vision of what we are.

And I take it you are one of those who has such clear vision. How humble of you to admit this.

I know for myself, I can't act on many of my instincts as they are against the law. So why can't we just be ourselves and act on our animal instincts?
Arella Mae

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:16 pm
John Creasy,

I have to admit, I enjoyed reading every one of these posts!

But, I do need to point something out to you and it is the right thing to do. I do not feel you can lump Phoenix into your personal feelings/thoughts, etc., about atheists, non-believers, etc. Phoenix, in my opinion, is one of a kind. You will find her extremely fair in all matters and with all viewpoints. She and I disagree on a lot of things, but she is by far, the fairest I have come across.

And, by the way, I have tried myself pointing out that 'they' think it's ok to call our beliefs, etc. stupid but it's not okay for 'us' to do it to them. Also, as I have pointed out many times, it is not right for any of us to demean or belittle anyone else for what they believe. We don't have to agree, but we surely do not need to reduce ourselves to belittling anyone for anything.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:26 pm
It is not conceit or vanity to know what millions already know.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:28 pm
the point is there is no point
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:37 pm
John C, Where do youy live? We live like animals, because we are animals. What's your point?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:38 pm
Have you ever watched animals have sex? You need to gete out of the house once in awhile. It'll do you a world of good.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:39 pm
Actually, I'm not sure if science classifies us as animals. Anybody know that for sure?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:40 pm
We are not vegetable; in that I am sure.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:41 pm
MA, Have you ever seen animals have sex? How about elephants or lions?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Sun 23 Oct, 2005 05:43 pm
C.I.,

What the heck difference does it make if I have or not? What possible point of pertinence is that to this conversation?
0 Replies