Atheists... Your life is pointless

Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:57 am
This entire thread is a glaring example of the failure of imagination of the dogmatist, the failure to see the other guy's point of view. John Creasy cannot conceive of anyone having a moral compass, or an ethical foundation other than his imaginary friend supersition, so he assumes that atheists have no moral compass, that they have no ethical foundation. So he can't understand concepts such as enlightened self-interest or the value of the social contract to the individual. He cannot conceive of love (or affection by any other name) without his imaginary friend, so he can't understand why anyone would want to make the world a better place for one's children or grandchildren.

The mileage of other atheists may vary, but for my part, i don't question existence--ontology is a load of horse **** as far as i can see. I exist, and that is sufficient for me. My experience teaches me to be cordial to those whom i meet who are no threat to me, and a native affection impels me to make the world as comfortable for those whom i value as i am able. I don't need somebody's imaginary friend for that.
djjd62

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 07:59 am
@spendius,
even if what you say is true, why do i have to believe, why do i have to pin my "soul" on my belief in anything, i don't want to go to heaven when i die, i want to be dead, life everlasting seems like total **** to me

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:00 am
@farmerman,
If that is how you and Setanta see, it then that is how you see it...

Like I said lose lose for me...But again, this thread is highly a minority, not only that none here, (specifically me), for it seems that atheist threads boom as soon as a theists walks in, which would suggest your belief/lack of belief still centers around, or centralism is still based upon the existence of God...Not being 100% sure there is no God...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:02 am
@djjd62,
You honestly may luck out...the God I see, has said to me, that it may happen to be that those who wish to rot will have that choice...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:05 am
@Setanta,
And is anyone even taking the stance in this thread that Creasy did?

GO look around every other theist-atheist thread it is much different indeed than this one...with similarities here and there...Such as Far more atheist flock to these kinds of threads than theists do...which suggest not much is different at all from 7 years ago till today...

as far as atheist bashing, atheists more than make up for it in other religious threads, it goes both ways, now you sound like your whining...
MrsVISHOUS2012

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:09 am
@spendius,
Oh I am really sorry, i just wanted someone who i didn't agree with, their views...what you said i found acceptable Smile
djjd62

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:10 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
why should anyone care what someone else thinks of their beliefs or strongly held convictions

if i ever get any, feel free to **** on them
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:11 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'm not whining about anything--but with your puerile mind-set, i'm not surprised to see you trying, once again, to pick a fight, to sling mud. I have commented on the titular claim of the thread. Deal with it . . . if you can.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:12 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
So, you were looking to pick a fight? and not an answer to your question?
djjd62

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:14 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
So, you were looking to pick a fight? and not an answer to your question?

wel, duh, it is the intertubes after all Razz
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:15 am
@Setanta,
Sorry, but it seems you were more than trying to fight about an hr and a half ago...when I was willing to go to a thread and take the gloves off..you passed it up...

I am not trying to fight, and "sling mud"

Like you said to me, if you can't deal with my posts, or stand the heat in the kitchen then get out of there...or don't respond...

This...

Quote:
This entire thread is a glaring example of the failure of imagination of the dogmatist, the failure to see the other guy's point of view. John Creasy cannot conceive of anyone having a moral compass, or an ethical foundation other than his imaginary friend supersition, so he assumes that atheists have no moral compass, that they have no ethical foundation. So he can't understand concepts such as enlightened self-interest or the value of the social contract to the individual. He cannot conceive of love (or affection by any other name) without his imaginary friend, so he can't understand why anyone would want to make the world a better place for one's children or grandchildren.

Sure as hell sounds like whining to me...Considering this thred was dead up till about 3 days ago...and I bet it was probably 10-15 pages ago, (at least) that anyone was even talking about Creasy's stance...
Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:17 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Jesus, what a fuckin' idiot--"take the gloves off?" I've never had the gloves on. I can deal with you just fine, and i don't need to go somewhere else to do it. I'll respond to any post i damned well want to, with or without your permission.

You remind me of nothing so much as a schoolyard bully. You try to pick fights, and then you try to blame it on someone else, anyone else.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:21 am
@Setanta,
Naw, I am still game to make our own thread whenever your ready...I would do it here...But it is not cordial to other people...Like you stated above, Something to the effect of: you wish to be cordial to people who you feel are no threat...

Is everyone in this thread a threat to you??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:24 am
@reasoning logic,
Check this thread out...

http://able2know.org/topic/185257-1#post-4908143
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:25 am
@izzythepush,
Check it out...

http://able2know.org/topic/185257-1#post-4908143
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:25 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Nobody in this thread is a threat to me. You still don't get it, do you? This is a place to which people come to debate, to discuss, to argue, to call other people idiots because they post idiotic bullshit. You are no part of my real life. You are nothing to me. If i passed you on the street, and spoke to me, i'd be cordial, so long as i perceived no threat. This is not real life here, this is not important. You seem unable to make the distinction.

If you post bullshit here, i'm going to call bullshit. I need neither your permission to do so, nor another thread to do so. This thread is bullshit, and was from the first post. I feel no compunction about treating it as the trash that it so obviously is.
djjd62

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:26 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
not a big fan of cordial, but i'll have a gin and tonic if you're offering
Frank Apisa

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:27 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If you guys want me to be graphic for a second...I have been to the deepest darkest, most wretched, horrific, abdominal places...I have been to the depths of Hell, many times before, and will many times again...

If there is 7 gates to Hell, I have been to at least the 5th one...

You may have been "graphic" here, Spade, but you were not clear.

I have no idea of what you are talking about in this post.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:27 am
@MrsVISHOUS2012,
What nationality(s) are you?
Setanta

Sun 26 Feb, 2012 08:28 am
@djjd62,
Me neither . . . it don't take strong drink in any form . . .
0 Replies