92
   

Atheists... Your life is pointless

 
 
spendius
 
  2  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 04:40 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Yep. I, for one, don't feel bad about ridiculing the ridiculous. If they don't want to be laughed at, they shouldn't hold such funny beliefs.


Will you explain what we should do about it? I'm sure we will give you a fair hearing.

XXSpadeMasterXX
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 05:22 am
>lag<
0 Replies
 
XXSpadeMasterXX
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 05:23 am
>>lag<<
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 06:17 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

>>lag<<
What on earth is this?
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 07:57 am
@neologist,
Thanks for asking. We used to use "bm" to indicate followup.
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 08:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Quote:
I would put more credence in a Lazarus style resurrection


Lazarus? You believe that do you? Well well.


Not that I believe; however, since I wasn't there at the time, who am I to say it didn't occur. And, who knows what energy fields can be emitted; perhaps, enought to resurrect a supposedly dead body? It's all science. Even the belief in God would be science, since that would just mean "God" reflects just another way the world works, in my opinion. Plus, I have no need to say anyone is wrong in their beliefs; I get no satisfaction in proving another's beliefs are wrong. Live and let live.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 08:54 am
@neologist,
Quote:

>>lag<<

What on earth is this?


He uses this >>lag<< as a post so that he can read the other post that did not load, there seems to be a lag or delay of a few post before they all are shown at times.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 09:08 am
@Foofie,
Well done for not biting, and posting a considered response. You're not as easy to wind up as you used to be.
reasoning logic
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 09:18 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Well done for not biting, and posting a considered response.


I see that the quote below does seem close to how I consider yours to be at times, "very creative thinking"

Quote:
who knows what energy fields can be emitted; perhaps, enought to resurrect a supposedly dead body? It's all science. Even the belief in God would be science, since that would just mean "God" reflects just another way the world works,


0 Replies
 
tenderfoot
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2013 10:54 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
What you say is true, that's why, since caveman days.. We've had so many Gods and Goddesses and proving they're all myths created by modern day cavemen.

How could you "prove" they are all myths if you do not believe any of them? How could you "prove" that what they believe is not who they are?


Cause you don't believe your ancestors had any true Gods and you have this latest one to prove that their Gods weren't the true God... they were myths right?? or am I speaking in your language, so you're not able to understand ?
0 Replies
 
Zardoz
 
  2  
Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:43 am
Last Monday the New York Bishop old friend, religion paid Boston a visit. Heralded with flying body parts and blood god made his stern presence known. The bombing was some perverse mind payback for some wrong or imagined wrong. One of religious cult members favorite god quote is “an eye for an eye,” but modern technology lets us take so much more now.

One suspect in the Boston bombing was killed yesterday the second wounded and captured after a massive manhunt. The investigation will continue for much longer but the New York Bishop old friend, religion, lays at the center of the killings. The suspect seemed to have found religion with the youngest praying five times a day. Members of religious cults, and all religions are cults, will tell you there is man’s law and god’s law and god’s law is higher and more likely to be followed. If god is just a figment of the members of religious cult imagination as he almost certainly is, then god is the most dangerous force on earth. Even if we could allow for one true god, which is highly unlikely, the majority of the world’s inhabitants believe in a different god.

When you are tearing a car down and run into a bolt that you can’t break lose you put a pipe on the wrench, a lever, to make it easier to break the bolt lose. Religion serves as the lever in most of these bombing cases. Those who cannot free themselves from the bondage of their imagination and the imagination of others are lose cannons who leave themselves open to manipulation. There are no checks and balances when one obeys a force from a different dimension that can neither be heard nor seen. One is left to take the word of others who claim to see or hear the invisible one and as such to do the bidding of the one who knows god’s will.

Mankind advanced beyond the Dark Ages but you could take the man out of the dark but you could not take the dark out of the man. This time period, should man survive it, will be known as the age ignorance where ignorance and superstition were exalted and worshiped.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 06:56 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Last Monday the New York Bishop old friend, religion paid Boston a visit. Heralded with flying body parts and blood god made his stern presence known. The bombing was some perverse mind payback for some wrong or imagined wrong. One of religious cult members favorite god quote is “an eye for an eye,” but modern technology lets us take so much more now.

One suspect in the Boston bombing was killed yesterday the second wounded and captured after a massive manhunt. The investigation will continue for much longer but the New York Bishop old friend, religion, lays at the center of the killings. The suspect seemed to have found religion with the youngest praying five times a day. Members of religious cults, and all religions are cults, will tell you there is man’s law and god’s law and god’s law is higher and more likely to be followed. If god is just a figment of the members of religious cult imagination as he almost certainly is, then god is the most dangerous force on earth. Even if we could allow for one true god, which is highly unlikely, the majority of the world’s inhabitants believe in a different god.

When you are tearing a car down and run into a bolt that you can’t break lose you put a pipe on the wrench, a lever, to make it easier to break the bolt lose. Religion serves as the lever in most of these bombing cases. Those who cannot free themselves from the bondage of their imagination and the imagination of others are lose cannons who leave themselves open to manipulation. There are no checks and balances when one obeys a force from a different dimension that can neither be heard nor seen. One is left to take the word of others who claim to see or hear the invisible one and as such to do the bidding of the one who knows god’s will.

Mankind advanced beyond the Dark Ages but you could take the man out of the dark but you could not take the dark out of the man. This time period, should man survive it, will be known as the age ignorance where ignorance and superstition were exalted and worshiped.


What is your point, Zardoz?
Zardoz
 
  1  
Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 12:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank
It should be obvious. Religion is not the solution or even part of the solution, it is the problem. Mankind can never morally advance as long as he is mired in the swamp of religious ignorance.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 01:31 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5307941)
Frank
It should be obvious. Religion is not the solution or even part of the solution, it is the problem. Mankind can never morally advance as long as he is mired in the swamp of religious ignorance.


Really. Well...you should have said that in the first place.

Anyhow...I think the problem is more complex than you suppose...and I think your view is more indicitive of your prejudice against religion than of a true assessment of what is happening.

Religion sometimes helps.

It is not always part of the problem.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 01:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Anyhow...I think the problem is more complex than you suppose...


Of course it is, there are no easy answers.

Quote:
and I think your view is more indicitive of your prejudice against religion than of a true assessment of what is happening.


I think that's obvious Zardoz is no different from a tub thumping evangelical convinced the world was created in 6 days.

People like that aren't interested in debate/discussion, their only interest is to convince you they're right.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 01:41 pm
@izzythepush,
We are in agreement on these things, Izzy.

Thanks for commenting.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 01:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
When talking to posters tend to wonder whether or not I'd enjoy having a drink with them. I don't have to agree with them for that, I don't agree with Finn, but I'd share a few jars with him.

I couldn't imagine having a drink with Zardoz. If he's this intense when he's sober what's he like with a couple of pints down his neck?
auroreII
 
  1  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 09:41 am
Haven't been following this to close. Was this posted before? Interesting thought-Do you believe in Mom.
http://laitman.com/2010/09/do-you-believe-in-life-after-birth/
or
http://nhneneardeath.ning.com/profiles/blogs/two-babies-speaking
URL: http://able2know.org/reply/topic-209396
0 Replies
 
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 10:21 am
@izzythepush,
I'd have a pint with anyone who engages "intelligently" on a2k. We don't need to agree on most issues if they provide their side of the issue with some intelligence. Otherwise, I'd find it a waste of time.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 12:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If you're ever feeling thirsty in the south of England, give me a call.
 

Related Topics

Atheism - Discussion by littlek
American Atheists Barred from holding Office - Discussion by edgarblythe
Richard Dawkins doesn't exist! - Question by Jay2know
The New State Religion: Atheism - Question by Expert2
Is Atheism the New Age Religion? - Question by Expert2
Critical thinking on the existence of God - Discussion by Susmariosep
Are evolution and the big bang true? - Discussion by Johnjohnjohn
To the people .. - Question by Johnjohnjohn
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/16/2020 at 12:13:38