not that there's anything wrong with being gay

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 10:08 pm
dyslexia wrote:
on the House floor, DeLay expanded the possible list of suspects in the Columbine incident to include "the culture of abortion," the teaching of evolution and "liberal relativism that has hollowed out the souls of too many in our society."

terrifying
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 10:13 pm
Did the govenor sign this little gem? If so could we propose and pass legislation making it legal to refuse medical aid to right wing Republican? They could be made to wear little pink elephants for identification.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 10:19 pm
billhank wrote:
Quote:
Gay people are much more tolerant towards others than vice-versa.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/lol4.gif
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 10:30 pm
What's so funny dadeo?
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 10:43 pm
That has not been my experience.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 11:04 pm
Gay people are people first, and gay second.

As such, they are subject to all of the human foibles that straight people are.

I'll go along with a, "Gay people are just like everybody else..."

I won't allow an "except they are better" to be tacked on at the end.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 11:09 pm
Do those people in Colorado know about Cheney's daughter?

Jeez, and I thought Jersey was bad!
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:15 am
Max<

I don't believe that anyone here has written that gay people are better than others. So, that leaves nothing for you to tag on the end.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 02:46 am
Actually I find all this very funny. To have such people as the legislators speaks volumes abt the kind of intellectual bankcruptcy which has started to signify american politics.

Looks like CO is out of bounds for me as a tourist Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 04:07 am
Gautam - do you think it as general as "American politics"?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 04:12 am
dlowan, in my opinion....yeah !
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 06:37 am
i would like to take this opportunity to defend colorado. over the past 15 years there has been a great influx into colorado of right wing religious zealots mostly from Southern California, they have moved into 3 counties here and have essentially hijacked the political spectrum with a well organized machine centered around an organization called "focus on the family". these people are not native to colorado. i am a 4th generation native and have never seen anything like this happen, but these people have organization and money and an evil intent. as an example in the last election the people of the state voted out the passage of school vouchers by a sound majority and the colorado House is attempting to over ride that election by statute.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 06:47 am
Dy - no one is pointing a finger at CO. Even in most permissive societies, these kind of homophobes can be found - however to make homophobia an offical state policy gives me the shudders !
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:08 am
Oh dear! I believe we have a party of that name fielding candidates here - no support as yet - but I am sure they are the same - what with the net and all these things spread like wild-fire.

I shall be keeping a very close eye on their policies - this is outrageous.

Why is it progress is so hard to make, and so easy to lose?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:17 am
Isn't the world suppose to be getting better? I'm still in shock over this!!!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:30 am
There always be bigots. However when the population keeps quite and let them have there way is when we should start worrying.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 07:40 am
Well, me dear, if this lot get really active, I shall be putting me fair white bod on the line as I have with lots of other groups before them!

The neo-Nazis are the spookiest here so far. yeeeechhhhhhhh
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 10:02 am
dlowan<

Groups such as Focus on the Family gain more converts everyday. The Republican rule under which we live does nothing to balance the harsh rhetoric from such "family values" groups.

Gay men and lesbian women deserve the same respect as other citizens. They'll not get it, though, from the lunatic fringe of the far right wing exemplified by groups such as Focus on the Family which is headed by Dr. James Dobson.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:24 pm
I am appalled and offended by this legislature, and I feel ashamed, FOR the perpetrators, being a member of their race. (human) However I am somewhat amused by statements indicate there is no difference in being homosexual, or heterosexual. First of all let me say that "some of my best... etc.,etc.." Rolling Eyes (hey, there's a reason things become cliches.) ...Anyhoo, I just think of being gay as something akin to having an extra toe on one foot. It's not a sin, taking your shoe off won't affect my opinion of you, one way, or the other;BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE ME SAY, IT'S NORMAL!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:28 pm
no one will try to make you say anything.
0 Replies