not that there's anything wrong with being gay

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:02 am
Thirty-four members of the Colorado House- all of them Republican-have voted to allow paramedics, nurses and doctors to refuse to care for patients if those patients are homosexual. Rocky Mtn News 03/28/03
Presumably paramedics responding to an automobile accident could allow a victim to bleed to death as long as he was gay. A patient struggling for breath oma hospital emergency room could be allowed to suffacate-if she was lesbian. I'm sure these legislators will soon consider requiring the wearing of a pink triangle so that medical personnel will be able to identify those they do not need to treat.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,784 • Replies: 125
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:25 am
WHA...?????
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:26 am
Got a link?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:32 am
Er, how many members of the CO house are there?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:34 am
http://365gay.com/NewsContent/033103colHealth.htm
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:37 am
Thanks, dys.

Yowza.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 11:48 am
When do we refuse to let gays and lesbians be admitted to med school or any area of education that turns out people in the health care field?

When do we begin the systematic removal of those in the health care field currently that are gay?

Can we develop an in utero test that determines the gay gene so that gay fetus' will be involuntarily aborted? Because a gay fetus is not a human being.

Like a lot of people, my feelings about the gay issue are convoluted, and although I have gay friends and don't have a problem with it, I would be upset if one of my children came home and announced they were gay. I would however be supportive of their decision. Does that make me homophobic?

One thing for sure, refusing treatment to gays and lesbians is something I would expect from one of those Middle Eastern monsters that we are going to eradicate from the face of the earth for Jesus, who I'm sure would let a gay or lesbian bleed to death out of spite.

What a freakin' mess. Crying or Very sad Mad
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 12:00 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
When do we refuse to let gays and lesbians be admitted to med school or any area of education that turns out people in the health care field?

When do we begin the systematic removal of those in the health care field currently that are gay?

This week's not very good, and next week's bad, and I'm visiting my tax shelter in the Cayman's the week after that.

Does early May work for you, or do you have big Cinco de Mayo plans?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 12:07 pm
Does this mean that the 1st question the medic asks the injured party will be, "are you gay ?" instead "have you got medical insurance ?"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 12:11 pm
No, silly, that's what the pink triangles are for.

Shocked
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 12:17 pm
Hm, too easy to remove. I'm sure tattoos are in order.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 02:57 pm
I'm shocked. I don't know what else to say....
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 03:08 pm
There, (Colorado), but for the grace of God go I
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 03:34 pm
That is very very sad. I thought CO was a liberal state, but Dys' posts have continually slapped me into the realization that it's not at all. So, is it law then, dys?
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 03:48 pm
what if your bisexual. . . . . is it dependent on your last sexual incounter???

Atleast the patient can still sue the health care provider that refuses service. . . . I'm sure fear of that alone will stop any such actions. . . .
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 03:56 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked Two questions:

1)Why?
2)If a patient lies, and says they're not homosexual, can they later be sued, or prosecuted?
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 04:08 pm
the article that this forum referrs to says that the patient can still sue. . . . . . last time I checked failing to stop and render aid was considered highly negligent if not illegal!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 04:13 pm
amazing. I wonder what other new congressional manuevers we'll find out about if the fighting ever stops.....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 04:25 pm
this bill has passed the House but Not the Senate as far as i can tell
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 05:25 pm
aaaaah, good news.... I hope.
0 Replies