Let's pretend my penis is a jellyfish!

boomerang

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:28 pm
Amigo's earlier post was a real eye opener for me. It made me realize that, no - not everyone knows what you're talking about here.

My first post could have easily been seen as something kind of perverted and that made me realize that I needed to explain things a bit better.

I don't speak of penis jellyfish often and if I ever do in the future I know to be more careful.

Mo is miraculously imaginative and he also has a steel trap memory. I sometimes freak wondering is things are made up or remembered from somewhere. He spent yesterday with some of his bio-family who have only recently regained my trust. (My trust had not been lost do to any kind of perverted sexual things or it would have never been regained.)

The back of my mind is a creaky place with lots of shadows.

My post from last night might have hinted at that creaky place.

Mo's old enough to take a bath by himself and probably old enough to get himself dried off.

He's got the whole rest of his life to do that.

I'm sure I'll be turned away at the door before long.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:29 pm
boomerang wrote:
Let's just get this out of the way --

Slappy, BVT is right. If you're going to compare your penis with sea life and jellyfish is probably not your best choice.

BVT - I think I'll hire your band for Mo's high school prom. Then, when they dump a bucket of pig blood on him and he sets the room on fire you'll have a front row seat. You have about 13 years to prepare an escape strategy.

sounds good. I'll pm you my address so you can send a deposit. All deposits strictly non refundable.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:31 pm
boomerang wrote:
I agree that penis is the best word for penis.

But when my hand is Mr. Turkey and my knee is the mountain and my foot is the sandy beach and his hands are Bob and Wendy and his knee is their "pook" it gets hard to explain why his penis can't be a jellyfish!

I'm fond of blue veined throbber myself, although purple headed plunger is also a favorite.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:33 pm
I don't have trouble understanding Amigo... or if I do, I don't know it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:44 pm
The deposit is on its way!

In 13 years the interest on it might be enough to scratch the surface of hiring someone of your caliber.

If it still won't cover your fee perhaps you can just put on a dress, let me call you Carrie and scream at you about your dirty pillows.

Then we can pray together.

Money well spent, either way.
0 Replies

Amigo

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:45 pm
How do I get into these messes? I'm gonna go play with my jelly fish.
0 Replies

arji

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:58 pm
boomerang, your child is sexual. what is the problem?

<smiles>

I could leave it at that and make enemies, or I can explain and make more ... <g>

the problem with the foot being a sandy beach, the knee being a mountain, your hands being Anne and Gina and his penis being the jellyfish is ...yeah - feels better to be the jellyfish. feels REAL, feels like something's HAPPENING, it's new, it makes things happen, and it's a natural development.

was mo a pain in the ass when he figured out how to turn the tv/lightswitches off? he KNOWS things, that's COOL. <nods>

and now your job is to find out how to deal with it.

hahaha!

(no, but I'm very serious. you're the PARENT! THAT'S WHAT YOU DO!)

good luck, and I think you'll be fine, and don't worry about your reactions.

what a child needs to learn is that talking about the penis is a (societally) touchy subject - and your ... hesitant ... reaction was probably perfect. with no issues.

r.g.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 04:59 pm
Amigo wrote:
I still think little kids are perverts. I remember when I was a little kid me and this little girl (Punky, That was her nickname) Used to rub eachothers butts together. One of these days I'm going to find her and ask her if we can rub butts again. Hey, whats Amigo-ese? I thought I was getting better.

Kids aren't perverts. They are innocents. It is a credit to Boomer that Mo is still an innocent, despite the traumas that he's been through.
0 Replies

boomerang

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 05:04 pm
Hi arji and welcome to A2K!

Thanks for joining the thread.

I'm trying, boy am I trying, to learn how to deal with things.

Noddy says "Parenting isn't for sissies."

Truer words were never spoken.
0 Replies

arji

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 05:11 pm
parenting is DEFINITELY not for sissies.

You could leave your kid in a lurch, then she becomes a stripper!

That's why I will not have kids.

If you can't DO, teach ...

maybe I should change my signature.

<g>
0 Replies

boomerang

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 05:19 pm
Awwwww DrewDad! Thanks! Really. Thanks.

arji, I always said I would never have kids.

And I didn't.

But someone left one here.

And I'm learning to DO so I appreciate teachers.
0 Replies

Amigo

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 05:43 pm
Hey, maybe I'M a pervert. Thats just great. Now I gotta call my Mom and see what happened during dry off time.
0 Replies

arji

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 05:49 pm
Well, then it's a good thing there are teachers who can't have kids. Heheh. (won't - survival thing. <winks>)

I think it's cool - just came across the "why" thread, too - mo sounds awesome.

encourage him.

but you KNOW that, huh?

guess we're here to encourage YOU! LMAO!
0 Replies

arji

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 05:57 pm
second thought -

I am an idiot.

Mo sounds precocious.

It's all well and good to give kudos for that ... but a kid DOES need to be a kid. And a kid who thinks fast needs to learn about limits early.

I don't think he'll be a serial killer, or something. heheh. (HOPE to god you laugh at that!) but limits, boundaries, what's appropriate, et al - that IS the thing this is about.

I dunno how it stacks up, psychologicaly, but the limit/boundary/what to say at the right moment balance is important with smart kids.

They could end up screwing their lives fifty ways, as opposed to the ten of the more intellectually challenged.

Imagination is a killer.

Don't mean to be a bummer. Am not sure, actually, at this point, if serious thoughts are warranted.

But this is DEFINITELY a "look out for (snd nurture) that one"one!

best o luck!
0 Replies

dlowan

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:12 pm
Actually, intelligence is a strongly protective factor for kids who have experienced adverse circumstances.....(just interpolating research so Boomer don't get scared!)
0 Replies

arji

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:17 pm
heheh.

wanna hear MY story?

<winks>
0 Replies

arji

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:20 pm
what I mean by that ...

is, sure - if you're intelligent, you come up with great coping skills.

that wasn't my point.

I don't think THIS circumstance is adverse?!?

But that's my opinion.
0 Replies

sozobe

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:29 pm
Which circumstance, Mo's?

Lots of adversity there. Since he landed at Boomer's, good, before that (~2 years), not so much.
0 Replies

arji

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:37 pm
ah, then I'm missing something - more than a cute story. <s>

sorry.
0 Replies

arji

Sat 15 Oct, 2005 07:38 pm
but that DOES confirm my point, kinda.

don't mean to be forward.

well, ok - sure I do.

BUT I was only talking about the incident.
0 Replies