62% of republicans thinks sadam was involved in 9/11

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 11:55 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I am glad that you teach us a basic understanding of language and DCspeak.

You're welcome. Don't worry about apologizing for that odd, inexplicable misinterpretation of the very basic points in my post. I understand completely.
But since I totally agre with kicky [and think that you might believe, Jonah did literally live in the belly of a whale as well], I'll just leave it.
The anti-Chrisian bigotry knows no bounds here anymore. So, you're saying "even though I was completely wrong about what I said, you're a Christian, so I don't care." Non-Christians no longer have any standard of personal responsibility or veracity?
That sucks.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 12:09 pm
I've told you before, Lash, that I belong to the 70% Christians we have in Germany.

And I won't stand that you call my belief anti-Christian bigotry.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 12:11 pm
Some stuff for you to read Lash, do you think Mr Rumsfeld lied ?

Rumsfeld questions Saddam-Bin Laden link

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has cast doubt on whether there was ever a relationship between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.

The alleged link was used as a reason by President Bush for invading Iraq.

Mr Rumsfeld was asked by a New York audience about connections between Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden.

"To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two," he said, though he later issued a statement saying he was misunderstood.

When asked about the putative link during a session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York on Monday, the defence secretary said: "I have seen the answer to that question migrate in the intelligence community over a period of a year in the most amazing way."

BBC News
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 12:13 pm
Well, sit down.

You completely wiped away the fact that you were incorrect by referring to what you said you assumed to be my Christian beliefs.

I have said nothing about Christianity or anyone else's religion. Religion has no place in this argument--and to bring it in as an insult is bigotry. It would be like me dragging in your ethnic heritage as an insult. As you know, I have not done that, nor do I countenance it when others do.

You were wrong.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 12:13 pm
Lash wrote:
Kicky,

The problem you all seem to be afflicted with is this:

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything.

I am not actually convinced of anything re this issue.

And, every time someone here acts as though they are convinced that a collusion between OBL and SH was impossible--and they belch forth with insults, attempting to belittle those who do think SH was involved directly or indirectly, I will challenge them to give evidence. And, when they can't, I'll point that out.

I am not convinced it is impossible. I am convinced, based on the evidence, that it is highly, HIGHLY unlikely that Saddam had anything at all to do with 9-11, and if you asked me the question, "Was Saddam Hussein personally involved in the 9/11 attacks?" I would be very comfortable, judging by the information that we have, in answering, "**** No."

I submit that the only way you could confidently answer "yes" to that question is if either you have a political axe to grind and are clinging to this belief in support of it, or you are ignorant of the facts that we have at this point.

But hey, whatever. I still respect your opinion.

You go girl!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:35 pm
Zane wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Yep.

Lol, but you will probably be "disrespecting the troops" or being a traitor, or some other nonsense, by mentioning such a truth to the stubbornly blind 62%, or whatever is left of them....

whatever is left of them, indeed.

Last night Synonymph and Mr. Syn and I were talking about this. It's obvious, even without looking at poll results, that the president's approval ratings are slipping in all sectors. Even some of the staunchest conservatives where I work have turned against the Bush administration. Others are still loyal to the GOP as a concept, but hate Bush and the mess he's making of everything he's involved in.

George Bush is the reverse King Midas: everything he touches turns to ****.

Indeed, but I wonder if this is actually causing people to question the beliefs being discussed on this thread?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:37 pm
DrewDad wrote:
dlowan wrote:
fishin' wrote:
"Severe comment"??? Is that what you call members here throwing insults back and forth at each other?

I call severe comment Squinney's original intention, and I consider it a worthy piece of news.

I assumed that the Bunny knew more than me... Silly Wabbit.

Aha! NOW I see.

Doh.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:38 pm
I can't say this about every republican. But if it serves them to beleive lies. The'll do it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:42 pm
A fairly HUMAN trait, I would have thought, true for some across the spectrum.

Not the less scary for that, though.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 04:00 pm
Yea but Republicans take the cake. Most of us would have come to our senses by now. But they don't. If the argument gets overwhelming against them they just attack you. Or lie. Or call you a nut. Whatever it takes the'll do it, at any cost. There like the borg in star trak. If Bush decided to paint the White house plaid and a thread came out that said "Bush to paint White house plaid". Youd have 200 page of us arguing with them about Bush painting the white house plaid. It would all go nowhere and in the end we would have a plaid painted White house. Now that would be a good spoof.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 07:57 pm
Lash wrote:
Just the facts.
OE, it's hard for me to believe you aren't aware of these infractions--but moreso, the subterfuge that took place during the last round of inspections--the UNMOVIC inspectors were bugged, so SH knew where they were going to inspect on any given day--they were held outside of some facilities, while trucks were loaded with materials in the back of the facilities and driven off--the Iraqi scientists were heavily "mindered" during interviews and reportedly threatened against speaking honestly--one Iraqi scientist screaming for help, was dragged away from a UN convoy by Iraqi "police" and never seen alive again...

Surely, you know these things.

Lash, it would be weird if you would get something about the UNMOVIC inspections from the link you provided. Maybe you can point out where the relevant information is to be found on the website you linked to?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 08:28 am
Lash wrote:
You need not respond to me further re this. You're intentionally avoiding the facts as they were presented in the 911 Commission Report. Pretending it's not there, doesn't make it go away.

As the first person in this thread who actually quoted from and linked to the commission report, I can only say that I find your attempt at "revisionist history" as baffling as the precipitous decline in your GPA.

Lash wrote:
It's what you're doing. You're taking all the evidence compiled by the CIA and completely disregarding it.

I specifically cited various passages from the commission report. That we drew different conclusions from those passages is apparent, but you cannot say that I disregarded them.

Lash wrote:
This is the only thing you've said that is legitimate, IMO.

Then you disagree with your previous statement that a preponderance of the evidence is sufficient.

Lash wrote:
The "popular theory" advanced by the Democrats and other assorted liberals in and out of government, was that Bin Laden would NEVER deign to associate with SH--over religious purity issues. OBL's meetings and varied overtures blow that lame theory out of the water. Good vibes were a major issue--and squashed a major anti-war assumption.

If "good vibes" were a major issue to anyone, at any time, then Brian Wilson should have been chosen as secretary of state.

Lash wrote:
I'm quoting the evidence. You are the one in denial.

I quoted the evidence first. What does that make you?

Lash wrote:
I don't have a dog in this sematic war--but you CAN be personally involved and also have that involvement be indirect. If they thought SH assisted in the planning of 911, I'd have to disagree with them.

What sort of "personal-but-indirect" involvement did Saddam Hussein have with regard to 9-11?

Lash wrote:
It proves you aren't interested in the facts surrounding this issue.

I've seen very few facts coming from you -- strange, implausible conjectures perhaps, but few facts.

Lash wrote:
You certainly DO NOT know that.

I know as much as Dubya: We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the Sept. 11 attacks.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:29 pm
Zane wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Yep.

Lol, but you will probably be "disrespecting the troops" or being a traitor, or some other nonsense, by mentioning such a truth to the stubbornly blind 62%, or whatever is left of them....

whatever is left of them, indeed.

Last night Synonymph and Mr. Syn and I were talking about this. It's obvious, even without looking at poll results, that the president's approval ratings are slipping in all sectors. Even some of the staunchest conservatives where I work have turned against the Bush administration. Others are still loyal to the GOP as a concept, but hate Bush and the mess he's making of everything he's involved in.

George Bush is the reverse King Midas: everything he touches turns to ****.

The supporters of Sadim Gnik are diminishing in number, but still vocal online.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 09:32 pm
old europe wrote:
Lash wrote:
Just the facts.
OE, it's hard for me to believe you aren't aware of these infractions--but moreso, the subterfuge that took place during the last round of inspections--the UNMOVIC inspectors were bugged, so SH knew where they were going to inspect on any given day--they were held outside of some facilities, while trucks were loaded with materials in the back of the facilities and driven off--the Iraqi scientists were heavily "mindered" during interviews and reportedly threatened against speaking honestly--one Iraqi scientist screaming for help, was dragged away from a UN convoy by Iraqi "police" and never seen alive again...

Lash, it would be weird if you would get something about the UNMOVIC inspections from the link you provided. Maybe you can point out where the relevant information is to be found on the website you linked to?

OE--The link spoke to previous infractions by Saddam. The things I mentioned after the link are common knowledge. All you had to do was read or watch anything during the last couple of years before the war. Are you calling those facts in to question?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 09:40 pm
The link was just a website from the United States Embassy in Latvia-Latvia!-outlining the things Saddam was supposed to do to satisfy the US.

It said nothing of the things you said it did.

You're spacing out on us.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 09:49 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Lash wrote:
You need not respond to me further re this. You're intentionally avoiding the facts as they were presented in the 911 Commission Report. Pretending it's not there, doesn't make it go away.

As the first person in this thread who actually quoted from and linked to the commission report, I can only say that I find your attempt at "revisionist history" as baffling as the precipitous decline in your GPA.
Point to a comment I made that is incorrect. And prove it.

Lash wrote:
This is the only thing you've said that is legitimate, IMO.

Then you disagree with your previous statement that a preponderance of the evidence is sufficient.
Go back and read again. I was using a courtroom case to illustrate how honest people would go about determining whether or not SH and OBL were in league. In court, as I understand it, in the absence of hard evidence, the case would have to be decided on a preponderance of the evidence. I do stop short of saying something of this gravity should be decided on such evidence.
Lash wrote:
The "popular theory" advanced by the Democrats and other assorted liberals in and out of government, was that Bin Laden would NEVER deign to associate with SH--over religious purity issues. OBL's meetings and varied overtures blow that lame theory out of the water. Good vibes were a major issue--and squashed a major anti-war assumption.

If "good vibes" were a major issue to anyone, at any time, then Brian Wilson should have been chosen as secretary of state.
Try again.
Lash wrote:
I'm quoting the evidence. You are the one in denial.

I quoted the evidence first. What does that make you?
Second.
Lash wrote:
I don't have a dog in this sematic war--but you CAN be personally involved and also have that involvement be indirect. If they thought SH assisted in the planning of 911, I'd have to disagree with them.

What sort of "personal-but-indirect" involvement did Saddam Hussein have with regard to 9-11?
Funding the general group, running interference with other world leaders, allowing them training grounds, ... Did Saddam personally strategize with Palestinian suicide bombers? But, he paid their families--giving a high inscentive for Palestinians to blow themselves up. He personally and indirectly had a part in the murder of Israelis. Get it, now?
Lash wrote:
It proves you aren't interested in the facts surrounding this issue.

I've seen very few facts coming from you -- strange, implausible conjectures perhaps, but few facts.
I quoted the 911 Report.
Lash wrote:
You certainly DO NOT know that.

I know as much as Dubya: We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the Sept. 11 attacks.
At least he tells the truth about it. He has no evidence. You say it's not possible. He is right. I am right. You are wrong. You have made claims that aren't accurate.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:02 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
The link was just a website from the United States Embassy in Latvia-Latvia!-outlining the things Saddam was supposed to do to satisfy the US.

It said nothing of the things you said it did.

You're spacing out on us.

Someone's spacing out, alright. What do you hink I said the link said...?

Try it again.

The link was "these infractions" and the rest was separated by "but moreso."

Tsk. How about addressing the issue?

...and keltic. What do you have against Latvia?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:06 pm
[quote="joefromchicago']What sort of "personal-but-indirect" involvement did Saddam Hussein have with regard to 9-11? [/quote]

Lash wrote:
Funding the general group, running interference with other world leaders, allowing them training grounds, ... Did Saddam personally strategize with Palestinian suicide bombers? But, he paid their families--giving a high inscentive for Palestinians to blow themselves up. He personally and indirectly had a part in the murder of Israelis. Get it, now?

We're talking about 9/11. What does that have to do with Palestinian suicide bombers in Israel?

You're just going all over the map, throwing out tons of unconnected stuff hoping to wear people down. Please stay on the subject.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:10 pm
I try to break it down for people who can't understand.

Saddam and the Palestinians is an example of personal, yet indirect responsibility/involvement.

Got it now?

LOL
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:35 pm
No, I don't get it now.

Joe asked you a question about 9/11. Your answer to him involved Palestinian suicide bombers.

Incidentally, not to bring this too far afield than it is already, I am not certain that sending money to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers counts as 'funding the group".

Funding the group means to contribute monies to make their activities possible. Taking care of the families after the deed is done may be nice Public Relations for Saddam among some Muslims, but he really didn't make their bombing activities any more possible by sending money to the bombers' families.
0 Replies