62% of republicans thinks sadam was involved in 9/11

Lash

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:04 pm
It was over several things that included WMD and what SH could do with them.

(He DID have them.)

(At some point.)

(Just don't know exactly what he did with them and when he did it.)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:05 pm
Lash wrote:

Care to enumerate them?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 06:09 pm
Sell them to ....any number of people--mostly terrorists, who have no place on the map for us to return fire to.

There wouldn't have been a damn thing we could have done about it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 12:30 am
old europe wrote:
I asked you for a relevant link, Lash.

Anybody seen this guy...?

heh
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 08:49 am
Lash wrote:
Sell them to ....any number of people--mostly terrorists, who have no place on the map for us to return fire to.

There wouldn't have been a damn thing we could have done about it.

I meant the "several things including WMD." Not what SH could do with WMD.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 09:37 am
Lash wrote:

(He DID have them.)

(At some point.)

Did he have them on March 20, 2003 when we invaded Iraq?

If Yes, then ask yourself why didn't Saddam use them on US/British troops ?

Maybe because he didn't have Weapons of Mass Deception.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 11:27 am
I'm not a Saddam fan by any stretch of the imagination, but with inspectors rifling the country --finally gaining access to previously denied locations--because the US military is marshalling on my doorstep, I believe I'd ship my famed WMDs to my buds in Syria, or hide them in one of my vast underground vaults. I can alwyas get them back when the libs carp at Bush long enough--and they go home. Plus, I would be deeply grateful for the Democrats who insist Salman Pak and my mobile chemical labs were for...pesticides... I'd be laughing my ass of.

Sorry, DD. I didn't go back to clarify which "several things."

The biggest one was removing such a proven, unpredictable wild man from power. As long as he had access to the military, billions of dollars, a huge country to aid terrorists---he was a threat to world stability. To replace him with a democracy was a brilliant idea.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 01:04 pm
Lash wrote:
I'm not a Saddam fan by any stretch of the imagination, but with inspectors rifling the country --finally gaining access to previously denied locations--because the US military is marshalling on my doorstep, I believe I'd ship my famed WMDs to my buds in Syria, or hide them in one of my vast underground vaults.

fantasy lash

Lash wrote:
I can alwyas get them back when the libs carp at Bush long enough--and they go home.

wrong he never had any

Lash wrote:
Plus, I would be deeply grateful for the Democrats who insist Salman Pak and my mobile chemical labs were for...pesticides... I'd be laughing my ass of.

The biggest one was removing such a proven, unpredictable wild man from power. As long as he had access to the military, billions of dollars, a huge country to aid terrorists---he was a threat to world stability. To replace him with a democracy was a brilliant idea.

I personally helped build and sell these so called mobile chemical laboratories to the Iraqis. I know what I'm talking about Lash you do not.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 01:32 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Lash wrote:
I'm not a Saddam fan by any stretch of the imagination, but with inspectors rifling the country --finally gaining access to previously denied locations--because the US military is marshalling on my doorstep, I believe I'd ship my famed WMDs to my buds in Syria, or hide them in one of my vast underground vaults.

fantasy lash
Steve-- We know he had them. He used them. UNMOVIC had several lists of WMDs and other weapons they KNEW he had. They were not satisfied with Iraqi lies and subterfuges re where the damned things were.

Where are they?

Lash wrote:
I can alwyas get them back when the libs carp at Bush long enough--and they go home.

wrong he never had any
You are completely wrong. It is proven he DID have WMDs. He USED them.
Lash wrote:
Plus, I would be deeply grateful for the Democrats who insist Salman Pak and my mobile chemical labs were for...pesticides... I'd be laughing my ass of.

I personally helped build and sell these so called mobile chemical laboratories to the Iraqis. I know what I'm talking about Lash you do not.
If you were on site and watched and documented how these labs were used, please produce your information and excuse me. Otherwise, LOL!!! You have GOT to be kidding. You think you are privy to how those untis were used? Why, then, did they require mobile pesticide units??? Educate those who are curious, please.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 05:15 pm
Lash wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Lash wrote:

fantasy lash
Steve-- We know he had them. He used them. UNMOVIC had several lists of WMDs and other weapons they KNEW he had. They were not satisfied with Iraqi lies and subterfuges re where the damned things were.

Where are they?

Lash wrote:

wrong he never had any
You are completely wrong. It is proven he DID have WMDs. He USED them.
Lash wrote:

If you were on site and watched and documented how these labs were used, please produce your information and excuse me. Otherwise, LOL!!! You have GOT to be kidding. You think you are privy to how those untis were used? Why, then, did they require mobile pesticide units??? Educate those who are curious, please.

I think Steve meant at the time of invasion. Not the ones that were given to him by the <cough, cough> Reagan administration.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 07:21 pm
He used the ones Ronnie gave him on the Iranians, among others, and I'm not sure how they define "never" in England, but the US interpretation would make Steve's comment completely incorrect.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 04:36 am
Lash wrote:
He did have WMD.
Saddam did hinder UNMOVIC.
The inspectors were heavily mindered.

Lash, do you have difficulty counting to two?

Ahem-ONCE MORE, let's review this.

Hans Blix was sent in with a whole pack of inspectors. When they did, they were indeed not given full access to the country,and were hindered.

Hans Blix told the UN this.

The UN, at Blix's urging, set up a last chance last round of inspections. In this second round, the inspectors were given free, unhindered access to all places in Iraq, even private houses and farms. This means that the Iraq inspection teams were given powers so invasive, they would be totally unconstitional if they did them in America!! That's how much access they had.

And Hans Blix told the UN this. That they had this free and unfettered access. In other words, Hans Blix told the truth.

Yet, all you do is say that the inspectors were hindered-which they were NOT in the last round of inspections. The only hindrance to the final round of inspections was George Bush Jr, who would not let the inspections continue because he wanted to invade-even though the inspectors were giving the very anwers to WMD's that Bush supposedly was seeking.

There were no hindrances in the last round of inspections, Lash. Quit trying to pretend there were.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 04:52 am
Lash wrote:
As long as he had access to the military, billions of dollars, a huge country to aid terrorists-

He didn't aid terrorists. Zarqawi set up shop in a part of Iraq that Saddam did not even have control of. Zarqawi was not there with Saddam's permission. Saddam just was in no position to get rid of him.

Ties to al-Qaeda? Look at it this way.

Saddam was fighting the Kurds. al-Qaeda had an ally in Iraq, (al Anser), which was also fighting the Kurds. Even though al Anser was fighting the same Kurds that Saddam was, Saddam was still attacking al Anser because al Anser was bin Laden's ally. That's right. You would think that strategically, Saddam would lay off al Anser, since they had a common enemy. But Saddam fought al -Anser merely because he was allied with bin Laden.

Finally, bin Laden struck a deal with Saddam, Lay off al Anser-who is fighting the same enemy you are, Saddam-and I will cease giving money and aid to other groups who are fighting you.

Since sl Anser was fighting the same Kurds that Saddam was, Saddam found it strategically useful to make the deal, and he laid off bin Laden's ally.

But Saddam so hated bin Laden, that he was willing to attack bin Laden's ally in Iraq-even though bin Laden's ally was fighting Saddam's enemy, the Kurds.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:24 am
Lash wrote:

(He DID have them [WMD's].)

(At some point.)

He had them all right-back in the 1980's.

Newsflash: chemical weapons degrade fairly quickly and are USELESS in a few years time!

So they don't have to be accounted for, since they are no longer functional for war.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:32 am
Lash wrote:
He used the ones Ronnie gave him on the Iranians, among others, and I'm not sure how they define "never" in England, but the US interpretation would make Steve's comment completely incorrect.

Ronal Reagan left office in January, 1989.

Any chemical weapons Saddam had, or Reagan gave him, would have degraded long before 2001.

I remember seeing an official report from a soldier in Iraq in the first Iraq war in 1991. He had come across a warehose of chemical weapons, and was wondering if he should bother to destroy the warehouse since Saddam's forces were in full retreat and the chemicals in question would be useless in a matter of six months or so.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:33 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Lash wrote:
He did have WMD.
Saddam did hinder UNMOVIC.
The inspectors were heavily mindered.

Lash, do you have difficulty counting to two?

Ahem-ONCE MORE, let's review this.

Hans Blix was sent in with a whole pack of inspectors. When they did, they were indeed not given full access to the country,and were hindered.

Hans Blix told the UN this.

The UN, at Blix's urging, set up a last chance last round of inspections. In this second round, the inspectors were given free, unhindered access to all places in Iraq, even private houses and farms. This means that the Iraq inspection teams were given powers so invasive, they would be totally unconstitional if they did them in America!! That's how much access they had.

And Hans Blix told the UN this. That they had this free and unfettered access. In other words, Hans Blix told the truth.

Yet, all you do is say that the inspectors were hindered-which they were NOT in the last round of inspections. The only hindrance to the final round of inspections was George Bush Jr, who would not let the inspections continue because he wanted to invade-even though the inspectors were giving the very anwers to WMD's that Bush supposedly was seeking.

There were no hindrances in the last round of inspections, Lash. Quit trying to pretend there were.

Shocked

You are kidding, right? Do read what anyone else posts here? Somewhere, I posted a small timeline demonstrating Saddams granting of "unfettered" access. I suppose in your heart you believe that after 12 years, countless run arounds, continued lies, betrayals and deaths, that after all the things Saddam did previous that can all be forgiven because of a last second effort to not be invaded... tsk. tsk. tsk.

They had full access...uh, huh... and the moon is made of cheese, right?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 07:25 am
I've said this several times. The so called mobile chemical laboratories were in fact hydrogen generators used to fill weather balloons. I know because I used to work for the company that made them. Your apologies are accepted Lash.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 07:43 am
So it was ok for Saddam to have/use WMD as long as they were the ones Ronnie gave him?

But it was worthy of invasion when he didn't have the ones Ronnie didn't give him?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 07:56 am
thats about the logic of it ms rabbit.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 08:03 am
dlowan wrote:
So it was ok for Saddam to have/use WMD as long as they were the ones Ronnie gave him?

But it was worthy of invasion when he didn't have the ones Ronnie didn't give him?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Where this still 1984, I would say yes, but as it is 2005 I say no. Surely you can understand that times change as do threats and government policy, right?
0 Replies