Sturgis

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:21 am
@jcboy,
At least it's not sleet or other frozed precipitation. Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:23 am
@Sturgis,
33 F here, and there's still a light coat of snow. It prettifies my grungy back yard.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:25 am
@Sturgis,
AHHHHH, now that what I like a mild breezy day where you can slide over the fields
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:26 am
This morning I went to let the dogs out and they ran right back in the house lol. Smart animals Cool
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:29 am
We got some serious snow, it's wonderful. About 3-4 inches first, then another 5-6 inches on top of that. (With some melting and compacting it's about 7-8 inches total.) There has been sledding, there has been snowman-making. Sozlet is currently making a pretty good-sized snow cave.
jcboy

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 10:48 am
@sozobe,
Oh good greif, I could never live there!

I hate the winters in Florida. It’s hot for so long you get use to it, then its like someone switched the dial to winter! Its that drastic and you really feel the cold.
Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 11:57 am
@jcboy,
winter? what winter?
jcboy

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 11:59 am
@Ragman,
We’re currently going through an artic winter, once that temp drops below 60 I stay inside Cool
Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2012 12:01 pm
@jcboy,
You crack me up. This is the best 'winter' weather in the eastern seacoast. Maybe Key West is better ...but that's about it.

Just wait 'til early February. You won't be happy...I'm warning 'ya!
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 11:44 am
It's 11C and sunny. Crazy spring-like weather. 52F I think (I just double it and add 30 for a thereabouts.) Double digits in January.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 01:37 pm
@Joeblow,
I'm now in Dallas and my way home from Mexico, but I talked to my wife yesterday, and she said both she and our son is sick. What worries me is I'm off to Hawaii on Jan 16, and I don't want to be going to Hawaii sick to infect my siblings and cousins where I plan to stay for two weeks.

In Cuba, it was hot and humid - then to Mexico City where it was a bit milder, then to Dalls where it rained this morning. I expect 45 degrees in San Francisco when I land there this evening.

From 85 to 45 degrees in a few days. I hope I stay well.
Joeblow

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 12:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Two days to go CI. Stay well!

Yesterday's temperature of 15.5 C apparently smashed all other high temp records for January in these parts. I wandered outside and chatted with the neighbours, who had a lovely little fire happening in the backyard, and were sitting around, shooting the breeze, sipping big mugs of tea. So nice!

Today we're back to normal or close enough with a high of 1C expected.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 01:11 pm
@Joeblow,
Thanks, Joe. I'm still (I hope) okay as far as I can tell. No coughing, and feel well. I've been wearing a mask when I go into the kitchen/family room, so it seems to be working. Mr. Green

Probably could use Drunk Drunk (a couple) to kill the germs.
Joeblow

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 03:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A mask? Really? Well I guess that and some good old hand washing ought see you through.

And a shot... or two...for medicinal purposes...good thinking.

Have fun!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 04:48 pm
@Joeblow,
You know, those masks that are used by healthcare worker folks in hospitals. I also wash my hands frequently, and use paper towell to dry them.

I always get my flu shot, because I had flu a couple of times in my (earlier) life, and they're no fun!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 05:01 pm
Snow in Albuquerque today. Light snow fell all morning long. Took the dogs to the dog park and they had a blast wearing their sweaters and playing in the snow with their doggie pals.

We will be lucky if the high temps for the day break the freezing point. Lows are in the low teens.
roger

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 05:03 pm
@Butrflynet,
Less than 190 miles from your front yard, we didn't get that lucky.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 09:05 pm
I didn't have snow all morning, just at one later point for something like a half hour, and then a few hours later, for another short while. I'm something like a mile or two away from Butrflynet, as the crow flies.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2013 05:57 am
We’ve been having beautiful weather, upper 70’s for about a week now.

We still have a chance of cold weather before the end of the month so I’m enjoying this while it’s here.