roger

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:17 pm
I used to get my weather reports from Yahoo, but when they were off on the temperature by 40f, I switched to Wunderground. More accurate, and infinitely more precise. Here's an example:

Thunderstorms possible at 10:15 pm. Not after 10pm, and not sometime tonight, but AT 10:15pm. I think I'll roll up the car windows at 10:10.
0 Replies

HelpYou

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:11 am
@Misti26,
Things can always be better.
0 Replies

33export

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2015 03:24 pm
Airborne weather data gathering.

http://www.kansascity.com/weather/ekaj7h/picture27687208/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/NASA%20Flight%20al%20071415%200806f
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2015 11:27 pm
It's become like living in the tropics here. Hot and humid from morning to mid-afternoon, followed by a summer storm.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 07:36 pm
It's a cool 60 degrees this evening. The dogs actually like this weather, strange animals Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2016 11:30 pm
we'd been having a nice mild winter
til last night

right now it's -13C, windchill -18C

and wouldn't you know it
the little dog absolutely refuses to use her pee pad
wanted to go out

well, good that she doesn't want to make a mess .. .but ... pee pads ... they work!

brrrrrrrrrr

I'll be warm sometime

__

on the upside, because there is no cloud cover I got to see some beautiful stars out there
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2016 06:45 am
We're having (again) a rather mild winter.
Some birds seem to have thought, it's already springtime.
Such was done by a pair of black birds. And resulting to the peculiar fact that the Christmas tree in front of some Ford offices in Cologne will stay there until the end of February.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2evbwjp.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/2epoj1l.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/28lyu03.jpg

(Screenshots of a tv-report in the regional news by WDR [public broadcaster of my state])
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 07:13 pm
The Brits are complaining about the heat.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-20/hottestdayoftheyear-brits-take-to-twitter-to-complain-about-heat/7643718

Quote:
Tuesday was the hottest day of the year across the UK, where temperatures soared past 30 degrees Celsius in several cities, with the maximum of 33.5 recorded in Oxfordshire, north-west of London.

Brits couldn't handle the heat, and many took to Twitter to moan about sweating and share snaps of others stripping off.

The temperatures even prompted calls from some quarters that staff should be sent home if workplaces reached more than 30C.

Soared past 30 degrees Celsius? In the Australian summer we get entire months where it barely drops below this level. Some Poms obviously need to grow a pair!
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 07:20 pm
@Wilso,
the first signs of fall are beginning to appear around here. Today huge lines of barn swallows were flying high and then sitting in long lines on the telephone wires. Thousands of them. This is a prelude to their "gathering" and then they just disappear as they head south to the myterious jungles of central America .

Barn swallows show up early and leave equally early (usually by mid Augist theyre gone outh)
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 07:35 pm
@farmerman,
heres a picture of one of the little guys. I hates to see em all gather up an begin their seasonal vacation planning. Whenever Im doing field work like cutting hay or discing, they follow the tractors really close an dive bomb the front of the vehicles like little kamikze. They are rel rtists t catching insects on the wong nd after they make their "strafing run" in front of the tractor, they will sor strit up nd giv victory chirps if they catch a bug(which they quickly take back to their little mud nests in the sides of barn beams, and feed their screaming young.
In our brn qe have maybe 20 or so nests in the lower level an maybe another 30 in the upper level.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/PHOTO/LARGE/barn_swallow_1.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 07:41 pm
imagine these guys staring at you whenever your out in the barn at night. They look kinda evil but they are about the friendliest birdlets around.
 https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRsGFPTi4Yf3L9RBi407FTlI8wy3hv9QZwK82IJ2KW4m0xkV4hGA

The lives of barn swallows are stuffed in between a short summer breeding season from Florida to ALsaka, followed by a long migration staring in August where they hed to Central and South America all the way down to Tierra del Fuego.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 05:13 am
Even though it's the absolute middle of winter, we've been getting some unseasonably warm days. Temperatures up to the mid 20's C. Even though I hate cold weather, that's ridiculous for this time of year. 2 weeks ago I had to scrape ice from my car windscreen in the morning.
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 05:28 am
@Wilso,
we are entering the "dog days" of summer. Usually the hottest prt of the season. We can see the dys getting a bit shorter.pre- Sunrise, instead of 4:45 AM, is now like 5:05 AM
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 07:54 am
Yes - we're taking back your summer now! Our days are getting longer Yay!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:03 am
@margo,
Thought of you yesterday - was at Harbourfront for a Persian music show.

Told my friends how cool it had been while you were there with us, as we sweltered in the 36C temps at 10 p.m. last night.
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 09:55 am
@margo,
weve lost about 15 minutes of daylight already since the summer solstice
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 11:50 am
@farmerman,
100 degrees now in VA. Heat index makes it 106. We could use some rain.
margo

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 02:39 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Thought of you yesterday - was at Harbourfront for a Persian music show.

Told my friends how cool it had been while you were there with us, as we sweltered in the 36C temps at 10 p.m. last night.

We were there 2 months earlier, though.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 02:57 pm
@realjohnboy,
104 here, by the thermometer at my front door. Hardly any rain in about forever... I think it's supposed to get to 109.
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 08:46 am
@ossobucotemp,
Its in the low 90's npw and its after an all night rain. SO its like Costa Ricaand Im planning to grow coffee beneqth banana trees.
0 Replies