Ragman

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 06:56 am
Back to stormy weather again. We're having a nasty t-storm for the last hour. Biggish flashes of lightning and claps of thunder and off and on heavy rain. Gusting to 30-35 mph. Forecast is for another 15-30 minutes of noisy boomers. We'll probably see them wrong again.

Such a funny place for a New Englander. My dog is not so pleased.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 02:44 pm
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/06/07/496006/noaa-says-50-chance-el-nino-will-develop-in-second-half-of-2012-which-nasa-says-would-lead-to-rapid-warming/?mobile=nc

Quote:
NOAA Says ’50% Chance’ El Niño Will Develop In Second Half Of 2012, Which NASA Says Would Lead To ‘Rapid Warming’
By Joe Romm on Jun 7, 2012 at 12:19 pm
NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center issued an “El Niño Watch“ today. This chart from NOAA makes clear why that is a big deal:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ENSO-chart.gif
Global average surface temperatures during El Niño and La Niña years.

More statistics, charts and analysis at the link.

The text of the NOAA alert can be read here:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:00 pm
@Butrflynet,
It's now 2PM, and we're enjoying 71 degrees today. Mr. Green
Ragman

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
brrrr! That's winter temps! <cackling>
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 03:54 pm
@Ragman,
Not for my wife and I who spent over a week in Northern-Western US with snow on the ground. That was brrrrr! We also did a raft ride on the Snake River for two hours with most of the time spent while it rained. Fortunately for us, the raft company provided us with blankets and ponchos to keep us a little warmer.

When we hit the South-Western US, it was 80+ degrees, and I believe over 100 in Las Vegas (on our last day of our tour).
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 07:15 pm
90 degrees @ 9 pm in central VA, and there is no breeze. Even hotter up the east coast and into the midwest, I hear.
1st day of summer.
sozobe

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 07:58 pm
@realjohnboy,
Yep we're mighty hot around here. Could be worse but not pleasant to spend time outside unless you are mostly submerged in a pool.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 08:06 pm
@sozobe,
75, feels like 86
Toronto
10 pm
ossobuco

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 08:29 pm
@ehBeth,
90, or so, down from 100. Smoky air from the Corrales fire, heavy winds due later tonight.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/weather/wildfires/crews-respond-to-wildfire-in-bosque
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2012 08:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Ouch, Osso. The pictures/stories from your link look bad.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 07:51 am
We’re getting hit hard here in Saint Petersburg with rain and high winds! I have my son this weekend. Can’t do anything outside so I think I’ll make it a museum day.
Ragman

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 07:56 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Been pouring here off and on in No . Sarasota, though our winds are not too bad ( about 25 mph). It's supposed to carry on like this for at least 6-12 hr and maybe overnight. So glad we're not getting woopped like we could be.
Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 09:24 am
@Ragman,
I'm somewhat to the north of you, not far off 75. Went food shopping this morning, and only got a little wet. The rain seems to be coming in bands, with some wind gusts. The weather station on TV is still talking about tornado watches, but not here.
Ragman

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 09:35 am
@Phoenix32890,
Yup, we're having that banding, too, but the winds slacked off here again. My dog just had to go out for a walk but wasn't so thrilled.

I'm right off I-75, next door to Bradenton. Waving flag but not straight out. It dies off than picks up intermittantly
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 10:00 am
@Ragman,
Tornado watch til 8pm now. Looks like we'll be draining the pool here shortly. 56 mph wind gust at the Bayfront in St.Pete. Wheeeee!
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 11:08 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Holy crap this is more than a tropical storm! Draining the pool now!
Ragman

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 11:11 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
We just experienced a noticeable increase in the rains and skies darkened. My dog is hugging close by now; however, wind is still around 25 mph is spurts. Not seeing lightning or hearing rumbles yet.

Just saw the national weather service issue a Tornado Watch 'til 8pm for the coastal counties of Tampa-St. Pete metro area.

There are also river flood warnings out 'til tomorrow evening. They project the flood warning will be off by wed afternoon.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 11:20 am
@Ragman,
Its coming down in sheets of wind and rain now. The entire neighborhood is flooded! The thunder and lightening just started.
Ragman

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 11:25 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
We got thunder now, too. Ponding in the parking lot. My dog is hugging me close now too. However all this is no worse than I've seen in the recent past.

You guys are about 45 minutes north and have it a bit worse.

{Edit: Ooops. Tornado Warning is out for Bayshore Gardens, Longboat Key, Bradenton, Palma sola, St. Pete...til 1:45 pm]
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 11:35 am
@Ragman,
OMG!!!!!! Major wind with this storm. Broken limbs from Live Oak from across the alley blew all the way to my back door. Tree uprooted in my side yard. Broken potted plants all over the place. My greenhouse is a mess. Debbie..GO AWAY!