George

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 02:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
82 degrees today in Charlottesville! Short-lived, perhaps, but everything
looks so green. It makes me want to try to jum up and click my heels but I
probably shouldn't try that

If you do try it, have someone taking video.
Thank you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 03:28 pm
@George,
We're experiencing a little bit cooler weather after a few days of 80 or so. The good news is that our rainfall for this year is over 100% with a good snow pack in the Sierras.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 03:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Just after the mid-point of May, Cville is up to 5" of rain vs a 4" full month average. Forecasts for the rest of the month show chances of T-storms almost every month. My yard boy is having to mow at the little townhouse complex once a week, weather permitting. We are letting some of the outlying areas go a bit wild.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 03:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
Our hay crops are getting very close to being harvestable. However, we may have to forego and let the stuff grow. If we cut it and it keeps raining, the hay just loses its nutrients by leaching away.

Farmings a bitch. Some years we get too much and some years we get not enough. Id rather have a minor drought than an overabundance of rain. At least with a drought wed get some sort of hay cuttings.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 03:36 pm
@farmerman,
I meant to say, forecasts of T-storms almost every DAY (not month).
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 04:12 am
It’s warm and balmy in St. Pete this morning. Feels like Maui weather.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 04:22 am
I am getting a weeks worth of forcasts of isolated and occasional thunderstorms and thunder showers. Not sure of the difference between isolated and occasional, but sometimes I find myself wishing they'd just say it might rain.
jcboy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 07:38 am
@roger,
So much for warm and balmy. Just twelve miles down the road in Clearwater now and it’s storming! Maybe it will knock the power out! Smile
roger

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 03:40 pm
@jcboy,
Oh yeah. When I lived in Orlando, we often had rain coming down like a wall of water, and the boundaries were so sharp you could see it slowly advancing down the street.
jcboy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 04:29 pm
@roger,
It must have poured in St. Pete today, I just got home and the front yard is a mess again, but I love this weather! Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 06:07 pm
YAY!!! The drought is officially over! It rained all through the night 'til mid-morning! It didn't even hit 80 degrees until about noon, and the high was only in the low 90s!!! (It was 113 degrees here in Tulsa a week ago with voluntary water rationing.) People were outside working in their yards today! For the past few weeks, everyone has been staying indoors under a/c all day. Today was the day to get out and run around. The traffic was crazy. Took the dog for a walk this morning along with dozens of my neighbors. Everyone was out enjoying the weather...91 degrees feels great compared to 113!
jcboy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 06:12 pm
@Eva,
I have many many plants in the front and back yard. We have had so much rain the last six weeks I haven’t had to water once. I have a feeling this will end soon, but I’m loving this weather!
Eva

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 06:23 pm
@jcboy,
That sounds wonderful, jc. This part of Oklahoma has lots of hills and lakes and is known as "Green Country." Until this summer. As a local newspaper columnist wrote the other day, it is now Beige Country. We've broken all sorts of records for heat, and a lot of the grass and trees have turned brown. Our fall is not going to be as colorful as usual this year. (sigh)

I love the lush look of your yard in your photos, and I am envious. We have lots of azaleas, dogwoods, etc. and our yard is normally very shady and pretty, but I wouldn't post any pictures of it this summer. The weeds have taken over great patches of it because it's been too hot to keep up with yardwork.
jcboy

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 05:29 pm
@Eva,
Thank you Eva, that is one thing I miss about CA, the mountains, there isn’t any in Florida. I love all the tropical plants I have growing around the property but the weed pulling and landscaping is never ending, good thing I love doing that kind of outdoor work.
jcboy

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 03:15 am
@jcboy,
Wow! It’s 5:14 AM and 73 degrees in St. Pete. It hasn’t been this cool in months.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 01:43 am
It's 3:42 am in St. Pete and now it's 76 outside, somebody must have turned the heater off last night! Very Happy
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 02:47 am
It's going to be a hot one today, already 80 degrees at 4:30 am in St. Pete.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 04:22 am
It’s 75 degrees this morning in St. Pete. After two years of getting use to the heat in Florida I’m now starting to feel a bit chilly.
Ragman

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 05:26 am
@jcboy,
OMG. Really? You're chilly? I'm walking around with no socks, no shirt. I've noticed a few degree drop both in daytime and evening temps, but not close to being chilly.

Of course, with me being a lifelong New Englander, we're on opposite sides of body temp spectrum
jcboy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 05:31 am
@Ragman,
I was when I first went out this morning. Went to the gym at 5am, it was a bit on the chilly side. My blood must be too thin Smile