Ragman

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 05:37 am
@jcboy,
yeah. I think so. Maybe eat more food with iron or try some iron supplements (yuck).
jcboy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 05:51 am
@Ragman,
Hahaha, you know I hope this isn’t a cold winter like my first winter here in Florida. I was about to move back to Cali!
Ragman

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 05:59 am
@jcboy,
Wait 'til tonight and the next few nights. The forecast is for it to go down to lower 60s.

The end of March of last year was my first winter. FL residents had just gotten through the worst winter in this part of FL in decades. Sadly, people lost thousands of dollars in landscaping and plants. When I moved in here I walked around in shorts. And within two weeks I felt I was in a tropical Paradise. I stored away my winter socks, heavy jackets, gloves, and ice scrapers.

I'm not sure if you have been hearing this but all over the world the weather has been changing. In many areas the whole northern half of the globe has been having cold wet and unseasonal summers. For example, my friends in UK, Switzerland had wet cold summers with little hot days. Just recently now they're getting summery days. And yet Houston has had hot and the worst and longest drought in decades.
jcboy

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:23 am
@Ragman,
I know what you mean, when I first moved here I spend a lot of money buying palm trees and plants for the yard, they all died off.

We have three inches of rain on the way today! I love the rain.
Ragman

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 10:26 am
@jcboy,
Bummer..about losing those palms. That's not small change. My sister has lived here for 16 yrs..lost a lot of expensive shrubs last yr, too.

How'd you make out with your truck? Maybe I better not ask...huh? Will the reimbursement from the oil change placegoing into litigation?

We haven't gotten the rain yet, but it's a certainty to occur and last for the next 24 hrs. Wind is blowing like it's about to storm. It's supposed to be 2 inches or more. Pretty good amount. I'll take this climate over the northeast any time. Warm rain I love. Feels sensual.
jcboy

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:19 pm
@Ragman,
Jiffy Lube isn’t going to be paying for it, my attorney friend David said I should file in small claims court but I haven’t had the time yet. He said I have a good chance of winning but collecting the money is a different story. I’m not sure what to do, I really don’t need the truck anymore and might just sell it but still thinking of small claims.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:29 pm
Tornado warnings in the Ft. Lauderdale area for the next 12 hours.

Y'all in that area, be safe tonight.

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/lite/N0Z/TBW_loop.gif
Ragman

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
thanks. Thankfully that's on other coast...3.5-4 hrs drive from here.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:49 pm
@Ragman,
Where are Phoenix and Panzade? I think they are in that area, if memory is working tonight.
Ragman

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
Phoenix is in middle-northern part of the state..sort of around Orlando, I believe.

Panzade's profile says, Jensen Beach...due east of me on east coast...nr Port St. Lucie...due east of Lake Okeechobee.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:04 pm
@Butrflynet,
Phoenix is on the gulf, somewhere close to Tampa. Onyxella, if anyone remembers, is in Orlando. Letty is up around Daytona Beach.
Ragman

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:07 pm
@roger,
oh? Sorry, I was going by Phoenix Zip code.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 03:51 am
Holy crap, it’s 65 degrees in St. Pete, time to get the jackets out.
Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 07:40 am
@jcboy,
Yeah. It went as lows as 60 F overnight here...66 F here now. A little dreary with overcast skies still...not raining. One type of tree changed color of its foliage...prettty russet blossoms, though othing much as far as foliage drops off the trees later in winter...which makes me happy.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:00 pm
The day started out chilly (42 when I got up before dawn) and cloudy. But now it is totally sunny and about 60 here in Charlottesville - very near the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is a gorgeous autumn day with the fall foliage probably peaking.
The VA Tourism people estimate that visitors to the state for the color will spend some $450M for lodging, food and gas etc.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:03 pm
@realjohnboy,
does that include the colorful stock car races, RJB?
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:50 pm
@Rockhead,
weather forecast for eastern ontario :

Quote:
Thursday - Cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain showers or flurries. Low plus 2. High 6.

but it's still october !!!

( where is global warming - or better : moderation - when we need it ? )
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 03:46 am
We're finally getting a little rain this morning! yeah! I don't have to water or get the car washed.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 08:26 am
@jcboy,
37F here now, supposed to go up to 59; clear.

Time to check out the coat closet again.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 08:29 am
@jcboy,
It's spinkled here off and on since 8am. Balmy solid overcast 72 here and suppsoed to climb up to 80. Wish it'd rain harder and get it done with...like it usually does when it rains here. Not complaining mind you 'cause my friends in Albany NY are feeling snow in the air - maybe it'll snow there tomorrow.
0 Replies