realjohnboy

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:03 am
Good morning. I woke up at my regular time. We added a couple of more inches of snow overnight. Right now it is coming down as hard as ever.
The road out front appears to be in surprisingly decent shape.
Percy, my snow plow guy, came through my town house complex right before I went to bed, keeping the entrance and one lane open.
I can still see my van.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:07 am
@ehBeth,
Feelin better Beth?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 08:29 am
Good luck to everyone still dealing with serious weather. This seems to have ended up kind of an "eh" for us... not nearly as much snow as predicted, though there is going to be more today (not a lot).

Evidently nine inches fell, but enough of it was sleet that it's highly compacted and not really nine inches high. (That is, 4 inches fell, was compacted down to 2, then 3 more inches fell, etc.) Looks to be maybe 5-6 inches out there if that.

Pretty though. And not as icy as I was worried it would be. (When we went to bed last night everything was shiny and drippy which had me worried.)
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:10 am
@sozobe,
eastern lake ontario
sunny and about minus 12 c
not really that cold but a fierce wind blowing from the north-east cut even through my heavy-duty parka this morning .
time to get the old sheep-skin hat out .
chimneys are smoking ... ...
eastern lake ontario frozen over ...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 09:35 pm
The power is back on after 6+ hours. I went to bed and am now pretty much slept out.
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 09:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
good morning to you , rjb !

i'm heading off to bed ... ... hope i'll get a little more than 6 hours .
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 09:52 pm
@hamburgboy,
12 degrees (F) outside right now, by the way.
farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 06:33 am
@realjohnboy,
Got the front end loader out and started doing the lane. Its too beautiful to spoil the clean surface with a plow, but, we gotta get out. Ill plow to the street and wait for the township to open the road itself. Right now its a single lane just wide enough for the milk truck to get to the two dairy farms along our road.

Ill get it all done today at a deliberate pace cause hey, its SUperbowl Sunday aint it?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 07:32 am
Good morning farmerman et al.
A bright sunny day. Cold, though. 12 degrees.
All is well for me.
But some 30,000 households in VA are without power.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 10:09 am
Yesterday I spent much of the afternoon cleaning and mowing my back yard. It was around fifty degrees and partly cloudy. I feel for the people with all that snow, but I will suffer for our weather in the summertime.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:16 pm
Partly cloudy and 42f. Not bad, but the temperature has dropped 18 degrees in the past hour and a half. I think my thermometer might be trying to tell me something.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 02:50 pm
@roger,
cloudy and 37, expected rain/snow showers from this afternoon through monday.
roger

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:02 pm
@dyslexia,
What the hell happened to "hot, sunny, and dry"?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:37 pm
It's raining like hell out there. But not particularly cold. In fact, today, I observed some trees on the verge of producing new leaves. The tips on the fig tree's branches look as though they have have come out of hibernation.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 06:00 pm
Grr. Lights flickered a few times just now and went out for 10 minutes.
Today, like Sunday, the temp got up to the high 30's. Lots of sunshine. Streets and parking lots that had been plowed got some melting done. Lows each night around 12.
6" of snow and sleet projected for tomorrow starting mid-morning. DC/Balt/Philly could take a hit...again.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 01:43 pm
Who is here who has experienced bad weather? Folks in Chicago with 12" of snow and high wind? Folks from DC to NY now getting near blizzard conditions?
Boston? Still okay but...
Farmerman? Diest TKO?
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:02 pm
@realjohnboy,
We are now in the middle of a full fledged barn bustin white out and a blizzard. Weve had the storm intensify greatly since late morning and it's departure has been rescheduled by the weather guys (Has to do with occluding fronts and reinforcing air masses and crap like that).
Weve begun filling up jugs of water and placing them in the tub in case we lose power for good. Ill drag the tractor and the gennie up to the house only after several hour disruption.

Weve gotten about 16" on top of the 30" from last Sat.
Its the ******* Prolocene Im telling you/ Were gonna be under 2 miles of ice in a short order.

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:07 pm
@farmerman,
Were sitting here watching HALLMARK chick flicks and Im gonna puke. I want a good run of "How Its MAde" or "Mythbusters" to hibernate to.
hamburgboy

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:17 pm
@farmerman,
eastern lake ontario
-------------------------
beautiful sunset around 5:30
still a little light to be seen even now
don't want NO SNOW !!!
keeping fingers crossed ( does that help ? )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:18 pm
@farmerman,
Glad you have a generator available if need be at any rate. Pity about the chick flicks.
0 Replies