Izzie

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 05:21 pm
@farmerman,
oh FM - doesn't sound too much like fun in your neck of the woods - hoping you won't lose power.

Can't imagine that amount of snow!

Do take care.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 04:27 am
The closed the nearby mororway (Autobahn) yesterday afternoon over a length of 52 km (32 miles) towards the state's border to Hessia ... until at least Monday: icy snowy surface, and the regional (state) road authority doesn't have salt anymore. (No surprise really, since we've got such weather now over two months).

I'm wondering if I should post a sign on the pavement in front of mother's house as well "Closed due to lack of salt" .... I'm shovelling/cleaning/salting 16m (18 yards) twice to three times per day (mostly) since December 16th now ..

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 08:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Finally got everything dug out and we posted a "FREE SNOW" sign on a pile that is about 10 ft tall. (I didnt have anymore reach on my loader bucket).
Now , damn weather channel (which is populated by theses air headed perma-press smiley assholes, tells us that were getting another one on TUES). This wont be so bad, only 10 inches.
I have no place to put any more snow unless I haul it in the fields.

I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!!
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 12:42 pm
Snowing like crazy in VA and sticking. I put up a sign pointing the way to Lancaster.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 01:24 pm
@farmerman,
Come for a visit in Albuquerque!
dyslexia

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 01:26 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Come for a visit in Albuquerque!
bring your manure spreader.
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 05:46 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
bring your manure spreader.
Is it piling up at your outfit?
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 07:13 am
Thinking I might get a smile from him last night I wandered over to the new thermometer to quiz him on the current outside temperature. But I was surprised to see everything displayed in Fahrenheit and asked him how come? “I switched it for Ross,” he said, adding sheepishly, “I was showing off.”

Gorgeous morning here! It’s a sunny 24.2 F
farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 07:17 am
@Joeblow,
Well, Ive gotta drive up north to the Coal Fields of Pa and the NY border. They are getting pounded with snow. Ive got several things to do so Im heading into the storm, which is not really bad around here. These storms have been amazingly sharp sided this year.Within a ten mile broder we see the snow accumulation dissipate from 15 " to less than 3".
Sorta like "lake effect" snows.
farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 09:23 am
@farmerman,
HA, made it like 20 miles North and didnt even get to the WElsh Hills when theres trees blowing down and the snow is a blowin. I turned around am now sitting here reading my mail and writing **** .
sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 09:30 am
@farmerman,
Glad you didn't push. Have a cousin in the area who's been talking about the latest walloping you folks are getting. How much snow is still on the ground?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 03:01 pm
Slush storm last night. Light drizzle in the evening, turning to slush in the early hours. The car was covered in 8 inches of slush, streets not much better.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 03:13 pm
@roger,
8 inches? Wow.
64 degrees in Cville today. 4th day near or above 60. Most snow going or gone. But there was a bit of a breeze and there is quite a residue of grit and sand creating dust. I need to wash my windshield before I go to work and again before going home.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 03:17 pm
@roger,
It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood, Mr. Roger(s) 73 degrees and the ocean is differents shades of blue and green, touching the shore with surf of white; Doors wide open; windows bright
hamburgboy

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 03:39 pm
@Letty,
eastern lake ontario
-------------------------
unusually warm - well above freezing - very little snow left on the ground
no ice in lake ontario

about 30 - 40 mm ( a good inch ) of rain expected this weekend

somehow i think that winter may still deliver a suckerpunch when we don't expect it - which may be very bad for the fruit trees since they are in " spring mode " already
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 04:00 pm
The crocuses in the planters in front of my store bravely broke out in bloom today. They will probably get slapped down by a frost but it is still wonderful to see them.
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 10:58 am
@realjohnboy,
SPRING STARTS IN ABOUT 30 MINUTES !
---------------------------------------------------------
it's overcast and i don't feel like working in the garden - but might go for a short drive
Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:04 am
@hamburgboy,
you've no idea how ironic that is... Rolling Eyes

have a great day, mr H.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:06 am
we got about 1 inch snow this morning, that brings our total winter snowfall to about 3 inches.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2010 11:12 am
Rainy, increasingly cold weekend for us. By Tuesday, spring returns.
0 Replies