Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 01:02 am
http://www.sydney-webcam.com/Jpeg/netcam-lo.jpg
These are from the Nth Shore side of the Harbour... If you were to turn a little more to the right you would be looking directly at the Bridge.

http://www.sydney-webcam.com/Jpeg/ipkamera.jpg
This is interesting. This is Kirribilli Yacht Club - the bay off to the left is Neutral Bay. I used to live there and caught the ferry to work. Lovely! Only problem was that when the Harbour fogged in they'd have foghorns going at like 5.30 in the morning. Christ, the first time I heard that I though the place had been invaded!!
Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 01:04 am
True, 21.1 celsius is not Summer. But we had a shite weekend, certain Southern locations sent their filthy Mexican weather to spoil our weekend!
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:48 pm
@Mr Stillwater,
Instead of getting a picture, Stilly, this is what it says (twice) on my monitor screen:

Please do not hotlink our webcam images without prior agreement.

If you believe you are seeing this message in error, please contact us via the following page.

http://www.sydney-webcam.com/contact.php

(I had to type all that out; the squib won't even allow itself to be cut-and-pasted.)

hamburger

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 01:13 pm
@Merry Andrew,
i had no problem at all seeing the webcam pix ???
over the weekend , dutchy was not able to see one of the pix i had posted - even though it was still showing when i checked .
little gremlims , i suppose .

eastern lake ontario :
still above freezing but chilly damp weather .

MONDAY : Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High plus 5.
Night: Rain. Wind southeast 30 km/h. Low plus 3.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 01:28 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Instead of getting a picture, Stilly, this is wha

Must have to do with being antipode: it even shows the correct time here (not sure about the temperature: anything higher than 3° is hot!) - and of course the two views! Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 01:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Since I'm (more or les) every day in my native town - here a pic taken a bit later than the webcam view, "a winter's tale" on November 24 ...

http://i37.tinypic.com/sxiq0o.jpg
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 06:53 pm
What it might be is that my firewall software won't allow certain imports. Though why it picks specifically on Mr. Stillwater's pix, I'm sure I don't know. Yours is clear as anything, Walter.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 07:54 pm
@Mr Stillwater,
Another crook weekend coming up, too, mate!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 09:52 am
it's that time of year again

Quote:

WINTER STORM WATCH: City of TorontoIssued at 9:12 AM EST SUNDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2008

..WINTER STORM FOR SOUTHERN ONTARIO..

THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

A COMPLEX STORM IS APPROACHING SOUTHERN ONTARIO..COMPOSED OF AN ALBERTA CLIPPER LOCATED OVER INDIANA THIS MORNING AND A DEVELOPING TEXAS-LOUISIANA LOW WHICH IS EXPECTED TO MOVE UP THE EASTERN SEABOARD OF THE UNITED STATES.

THESE TWO SYSTEMS WILL COMBINE TO GIVE ANYWHERE FROM 10 TO 25 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW FOR MOST REGIONS. WET SNOW MIXED WITH RAIN WILL BEGIN TO AFFECT SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO THIS AFTERNOON AND INTO EASTERN AND CENTRAL ONTARIO THIS EVENING.

AS TEMPERATURES ARE HOVERING NEAR ZERO THE ELEVATION OF THE REGION WILL BE A FACTOR FOR THE TYPE OF PRECIPITATION.

THE GOLDEN HORSESHOE WILL SEE WET SNOW CHANGING TO RAIN THEN BACK TO WET FLURRIES MONDAY WITH SNOW AMOUNTS AROUND 5 CENTIMETRES IN THE CITY CENTRES AND AS MUCH AS 15 OVER HIGHER GROUND AWAY FROM THE LAKE.

AREAS NORTH OF TORONTO FROM THE OAK RIDGES MORAINE TO THE HALIBURTON AND DUNDALK HIGHLANDS WILL SEE HEAVY WET SNOW GIVING ACCUMULATIONS OF 15 TO 20 CENTIMETRES. ALL OF THE REGIONS WILL SEE THE PRECIPITATION LIGHTEN MONDAY MORNING TO INTERMITTENT WET SNOW. SOME MINOR ACCUMULATION IS STILL POSSIBLE.

EASTERN ONTARIO IS A LITTLE MORE UNCERTAIN AS THE TEXAS-LOUISIANA LOW INTENSIFIES ALONG THE EASTERN SEABOARD. AS USUAL THE OTTAWA AND ST LAWRENCE VALLEYS COULD SEE A MIXED BAG OF WET SNOW ICE PELLETS AND SOME FREEZING RAIN. ACCUMULATIONS MAY BE REDUCED SOMEWHAT OVER EASTERN ONTARIO DUE TO THE MIXED PRECIPITATION.

STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO QUITE POSSIBLE WITH THIS TYPE OF WINTER STORM AND MAY BLOW TREE LIMBS COVERED IN WET SNOW ONTO POWER LINES..CAUSING POTENTIAL POWER OUTAGES.

COLDER AIR FLOODING OVER THE GREAT LAKES ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE WINTER STORM WILL ALSO LIKELY GENERATE MORE SNOWSQUALLS FOR THE SNOWBELT REGIONS BY MONDAY NIGHT AND INTO TUESDAY.

MOTORISTS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR DANGEROUS WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS AND ALTER TRAVEL PLANS ACCORDINGLY.

VERY LOW VISIBILITY IN HEAVY SNOW AND LOCAL BLOWING SNOW WILL BE QUITE POSSIBLE IN THIS STORM. PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST PUBLIC FORECASTS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 09:56 am
http://torontowindsurf.com/live/webcam_m.jpg

Cherry Beach webcam

http://torontowindsurf.com/webcam/

flat clouds
reddish sky
storm's really on its way
hamburger

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 05:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
storm's really on its way

yep , it's started snowing and by tomorrow morning we are expecting FREEZING RAIN - GRRR !

on dec. 1 , 1963 - 55 years ago - we moved into our newly built house .... in a blinding snowstorm . one of the worst winters we ever had - it was well into march before winter gave up and decided to let us live .
hbg

dec. 1963 - full snowgear : snowsuit , boots , mittens ... a balloon !

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/8934/dec1963ff1.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 05:34 pm
@hamburger,
pssst am I a lot older than I thought or was it 45 years ago?
hamburger

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 05:43 pm
@ehBeth,
what's an extra ten years between friends <GRIN>

(maybe it just seems like 55 years Shocked Wink )
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2008 07:19 pm
Jeez - EhBeth has just turned white!

It's summer!

Today's the first day of summer!

Summertime! Summertime! Laughing Razz
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 05:54 pm
Weather's weird this year. After a week of very cold temps. (below freezing just about every day), on the 1st of December we have 60 degrees F. here in Boston. No significant change in sight. Sunny. Nice.
hamburger

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 06:28 pm
@Merry Andrew,
eastern lake ontario :

we escaped the freezing rain - by a hair . just north of here the roads were more like skating rinks - the "warm" water of lake ontario helped us .
it was a dreary and wet day , but almost any weather is better than freezing rain .
hbg
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 03:39 am
@hamburger,
I agree with you totally re: freezing rain, hbg. That's about the worst that Winter can deliver hereabouts. Suicide driving in that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 11:34 am
@Merry Andrew,
The San Francisco Bay Area has cooled quite a bit today - in the low sixties.
mismi

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 11:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
We get nothing - it's just cold and brown. yuck...So glad we have short winters here.
hamburger

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 02:11 pm
@mismi,
ordered snow tires today - should arrive early next week .
there is a shortage of snowtires in canada since in quebec snowtires are mandatory during the winter months starting this winter .
so i was lucky to get a set of 4 michelins ice-X at a reasonable price .

still grey and damp - cooling of this weekend and SUNSHINE expected .
hbg