farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 03:27 pm
GANANOQUE??? SLOWLY I TURNED...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 03:38 pm
GANANOQUE - paradise for fishermen (AND WOMEN !) from both sides of the river .

http://p.vtourist.com/2237936-GANANOQUE_BOAT_DOCK-Gananoque.jpg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 11:25 am
We have quiet and cool fall weather in Balingen. A little foggy but with some sun, too. I took a long walk today - it's a holiday in Germany. This is Balingen on November 1 looking down from Heuberg.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1054782/2866181/286261283.jpg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:04 pm
eastern lake ontario :
it was still mild today - 12 C - , cloudy and a few drops of rain .
going down to freezing tonight .
friday and saturday : cool but sunny Very Happy
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:22 pm
RAIN!!!!!!! wonderful rain, marvelouse rain.

only 10 mm but its still good.

52 Yr Avg annual 732mm. 2006 Total 335 mm. 2007 YTD 501.6
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:33 pm
It's dark here.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:55 pm
Quote:
It's dark here.

funny , it's dark here too !
but supposed to be sunny tomorrow Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 07:46 pm
dark tonight
sunny tomorrow
hopefully sunny on the weekend, so there can be a doggie adventure at the beach again
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 03:02 pm
just a great day : sunny and still mild , about 10 C around noon , so we
went for a walk by the lake .
when we got home i decided i'd better give the lawn another cut ; it's really green and luscious , much nicer than it was in august .
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:04 pm
Friday started out chilly, breezy but sunny. There is still a lot of color left in the leaves. As the day wore on it clouded up and now it is drizzling. Might turn to sleet after midnight.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 10:32 am
We had snow on Friday and then rain and heavy winds since Saturday. It feels cold!
0 Replies

ozbn

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 11:08 am
Global warming
I am a doubter concerning global warming. But, if someone would show me that our temperature readings from the moon and from Mars have remained totally steady, while Earth's temperature has risen, then I would be more apt to entertain the idea that, in fact, we have warmed up totally on our own. I suspect, however, that sun cycles have warmed us up, and the moon and Mars as well.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 06:06 pm
It's pissing down here. I just walked home from the pub a lot faster than I usually do.

Atacking an enemy fortification in that is definitely something to be avoided.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 07:16 pm
eastern lake ontario :
nice weather is continuing : high of 12 C today - about 50 F - plenty oof sunshine , and more of the same for next few days .
warm enough for some garden work - planted some sedums i traded from neighbour .
hbg
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 08:35 pm
Re: Global warming
ozbn wrote:
I am a doubter concerning global warming

Welcome, ozbn, to A2K. This may not be the thread to talk about this, but you have to start somewhere. I'll be back with some comments in a day or so. I am a slow thinker.

Again, welcome.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 01:26 pm
noooooooooooooo

Quote:
Snowfall warning for: City of Toronto
Issued at 11:57 AM EST WEDNESDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2007
..10 TO 20 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW LIKELY BY THURSDAY NIGHT..
AN APPROACHING WINTER STORM FROM MISSOURI WILL BRING THE FIRST WINTER STORM OF THE SEASON TONIGHT AND THURSDAY
. MANY REGIONS EXTENDING FROM LAKE HURON EAST TO THE DUNDALK HIGHLANDS IS CURRENTLY SEEING RAIN BUT AS THE TEMPERATURE FALLS TO NEAR FREEZING THE RAIN WILL QUICKLY CHANGE OVER TO WET SNOW AND ICE PELLETS THIS AFTERNOON AND THEN SNOW TONIGHT. NEAR 10 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED TO FALL TONIGHT WITH AN ADDITIONAL 10 CENTIMETRES TO FOLLOW ON THURSDAY. HIGHER SNOW AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO FALL OVER HIGHER TERRAIN. REGIONS ACROSS EASTERN ONTARIO INCLUDING OTTAWA HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED SNOW FROM A PREVIOUS DISTURBANCE AND WILL CONTINUE TO SEE SNOW FALL TONIGHT AND INTO THURSDAY. TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS NEAR 15 CENTIMETRES BY THURSDAY NIGHT ARE POSSIBLE AS THE WINTER STORM SLOWLY MOVES EAST ACROSS THE LOWER LAKES TONIGHT INTO NEW ENGLAND BY THURSDAY NIGHT. THE GREATER TORONTO AREA WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THE HEAVY SNOW BUT IS STILL EXPECTED TO RECEIVE SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW MIXED WITH ICE PELLETS. DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH ICE PELLETS FORM AT THE EXPENSE OF THE SNOW CURRENT SNOWFALL ESTIMATES OVER THE GREATER TORONTO AREA IS 5 TO 10 CENTIMETRES TONIGHT WITH AN ADDITIONAL 5 TO 10 CENTIMETRES THURSDAY. REGIONS CLOSE TO THE LAKE MAY SEE LESSER AMOUNTS DUE TO WARMER TEMPERATURES ALONG THE LAKESHORE.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 03:32 pm
eastern lake ontario

just checked our weather forecast . the snowstorm that will be visiting toronto is expected to move slightly to the north-east (ottawa) . we'll be just on the edge of it ! might get some ice pellets and freezing rain - will check the canadian weather service CB radio to listen for more detailed forecast . current forecast : snow should stay about 15-20 miles to the north(inland) of here Very Happy
hbg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:23 pm
UPDATE !
-----------
10 cm snow overnight mixed with rain , freezing rain and drizzle

alarm clock will be turned OFF Very Happy Exclamation
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 11:21 am
eastern lake ontario
-----------------------
not much snow this morning but FREEZING RAIN ... YUK !
stuck my nose out the sidedoor under the carporch , probably as far OUTSIDE as i'll go today ... not really so bad inside :wink: - particularly since i smell cheesecake being baked in the kitchen Very Happy
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 11:32 am
The Hamburgers DID thinkabout fleeing Canada a month or so ago. I don't mean to rub it in, but here is what you are missing: The fall colors turned out to be pretty decent. The red and yellow maples came through for us here in Virginia, and everything peaked about a week ago. Now the leaves are falling like, um, leaves, but today it is 67 degrees F.
0 Replies