ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 11:50 am
)I work just in between the two areas where the roads have been shut down - anyone going 'out' for lunch is making efforts to stay in the underground PATH system. It's quite freakish.

We've occasionally seen chunks of ice falling down between the towers - in between the heavy snow flurries that the weather network tells us are actually clouds (apparently they didn't notice the clouds had turned to actual snow Confused )
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:42 pm
After a so-called "cold front" today we had 88F temps, and the forecast is after the weekend 49F at night, 75F daytime.

Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States (32931) Lat: 28.32N, Lon: 80.61W
Wx Zone: FLZ047

Latest Reported Weather Conditions
Observed at Cocoa Beach, FL
Updated 11:55 PM EDT FRI APR 13 2007

Partly Cloudy
73°F
23°C

Humidity: 74%
Wind: ESE at 7 MPH
Barometer: 30.06 in.
Dewpoint: 64°F
Visibility: 7SM

Cocoa Beach, FL Weather Forecast
Updated 4:13 PM EDT FRI APR 13 2007

Tonight
Clear
Lo: 69°
Clear. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds 10 to 15 mph becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight.

Saturday
Partly Sunny
Hi: 89°
Partly sunny. Breezy. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph becoming south 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night
Chance Of T-Storm
Lo: 71°
POP: 30% Partly cloudy in the evening...Then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Breezy. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Sunday
Thunder Storms
Hi: 80°
POP: 70% Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Windy. Some thunderstorms May produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall. Highs around 80. South winds 20 to 25 mph shifting to the west in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Sunday Night
Mostly Clear
Lo: 51°
Mostly clear. Breezy...Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

Monday
Sunny
Hi: 75°
Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.

Monday Night
Mostly Clear
Lo: 51°
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 12:09 pm
We've had a very dry season until today; it's coming down like we'll need Noah.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 01:18 pm
kingston , eastern ontario , webcam with view of city hall
a damp and dreary day , possibly some more wet snow over the next two days , temperature barely above freezing Crying or Very sad
(and last year at this time we were crossing the equator , wearing t-shirt and shorts Laughing )
hbg

http://www.cityofkingston.ca/img/webCams/cityHall.jpg
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 06:25 pm
Rainig steadily in Virginia. Not hard, but steady. It could be an interesting weekend for those of us on the East Coast of USA.
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:00 pm
We in Florida had a beautiful day, the afternoon became windy, now tonight it's cool, dry, and windy. The forecast is for lots of rain and storms.

Monday's low will be in the 40's!

This is crazy weather all over the world.

Very clear web cam picture hamburger:)
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:32 pm
We here in Cocoa Beach, Florida are experiencing weather conditions not known for the past few years, which is afternoon thunderstorms with lots of wind and rain. However, today, it lasted all day long, floods everywhere, and of course, the usual idiots on the road who don't know how to drive in this weather.

We have serious drainage problems here when it rains, certain areas flood and if you don't know where they are you're in trouble. So taking the back roads doesn't always work.

The meteorologists insist (every year) we have serious drought problems, and every year it rains like the monsoons ... so if they don't have anything to report, they invent it!

Hope you all are doing well wherever you are, and enjoying your summer!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:07 pm
Welcome, MsT26, to A2K.
You wrote an interesting report on weather there. So far-as near as I can tell-not a hint of a hurricane.
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:39 pm
So far no hint of hurricanes. ... that doesn't mean it's going to be a safe season for us. However, generally speaking, the hurricanes will come later in the summer months, so I am keeping a positive attitude and moving away from the beach area, about 5 miles. We will still be on the Banana River, but not so close to the beach area.

I've noticed a lot of ads in the paper for rentals on the beach, but I think people are now afraid to rent there with the threat of hurricanes looming.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:39 am
Here in the south of Germany we are going straight from too hot, too dry to too cold, too wet and back this summer. It is very strange. On Tuesday, July 10, I heard on the radio that a bridge was frozen and a couple of accidents had already happened. On Sunday, July 15, it was so hot we could barely move.

Today it is cool, windy, cloudy. Not what I expect in July...
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:40 am
Misty, new name?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:44 am
A change is as good as a rest :wink:
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:47 am
urs53 wrote:
Here in the south of Germany we are going straight from too hot, too dry to too cold, too wet and back this summer. It is very strange. On Tuesday, July 10, I heard on the radio that a bridge was frozen and a couple of accidents had already happened. On Sunday, July 15, it was so hot we could barely move.

Today it is cool, windy, cloudy. Not what I expect in July...

It's the same* here, Urs, and as you may have heard, there was unprecedented heavy rainfall across the middle of the country and widespread flooding in the last two days.

*except it doesn't seem to have been hot here for ages! Not since early May.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:50 am
Hi McTag! There was an open air concert scheduled for last night in a town not far away with Jethro Tull and Fish. They got stuck at London airport because of the bad weather. No concert... but then again it was raining like crazy here, too... Not nice for open air activities. I know - I went to a concert in Balingen. I stayed for about 40 minutes. Much too wet!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:05 am
Well, we had had a rather hot start last week, with temperatures above 32°C. Now, since a couple of days, it's warm (=23°C) April weather: cloudy, windy, a few showers and a lot of sun.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:07 am
Yes, April weather here, too, Walter. I just watched the race at Nürburg Ring. Same thing there...

I want summer - real summer - now!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:23 am
We didn't have so heavy ..... until now that is (actually none today) .... and even I don't drive like those. [Though still waiting for two more tickets]
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:18 pm
We are dry.

Unlike the sinners in Sheffield and Maidenhead.

I believe in justice.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:23 pm
I hope that you used the time you've been given to built your arch and started collecting the animals already!

(C.H., in front of the A.D., was considered as meeting point, I've heard. :wink: )
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:28 pm
i have built an ark

problem is getting it out of the back garden

neighbours say wait for the waters it will float out

i said but its not for us. i want to give it now to the poor people of floodland.
0 Replies