cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 07:02 am
It's pretty cold here in Budapest, but the streets (shopping ones) are pretty busy. Went to the Christmas Market yesterday, and had some sausage. The market here seems more home-grown crafts than in Germany or Austria. Nice.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 11:17 am
eastern lake ontario :
our christmas weather :
temperature about 6 C ( 42 F) , blazing sunshine , not a snowflake in sight , the lawn is green , i just cut some parsley in the garden for the turkey-stuffing (!) .
forecast calls for more mild weather !
it feels more like easter !
hbg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 12:23 pm
It is foggy and pretty cold (-4°C) here. Driving last night was night nice with fog and icy roads...
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 10:31 am
It's a winter day, in a dark and grey December:
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UAAzDpcYUPeiptFMS4JjwPCwcWdwc4CC9Fka9S56nkSaReXvgFFxwc5zH!7bJMn1yNZQ!YdDEYCKm17CkRBg9OhWafyT9CT!LmEQRKH8AOik!qBpru7ibHiCMw4EcDMO/nekonomad524A.jpg

ow cold is it, you ask? Well, click on the photo and see who beat me to my slippers this morning.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 03:00 pm
eastern lake ontario :
a 'purrfect' winter day - sunshine , an inch of snow , temp around freezing .
unfortunately it'll be warming up and rain is on the way - grrrr !
hbg
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 11:50 pm
Happy New Year to all!

Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States (32931) Lat: 28.32N, Lon: 80.61W
Wx Zone: FLZ047

Latest Reported Weather Conditions
Observed at Cocoa Beach, FL
Updated 11:55 PM EST SUN DEC 31 2006

Clear
73°F
23°C

Humidity: 83%
Wind: SE at 13 MPH
Barometer: 30.15 in.
Dewpoint: 68°F
Visibility: 10SM

No, it doesn't seem like Christmas/New Year, and that's fine with me.
Hope you all had a Happy Christmas, and that the New Year will bring you peace, happiness, and joy in all your endeavors.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 05:45 am
Happy new year to you, too, Misti! Very Happy

(Hey, where have you been hiding? Haven't seen you for ages. I asked about you in the "missing" thread.)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 06:28 am
Current Temp (11.30pm). 22.6°C, Max Temp Today 29.9 °C at 5:28 PM Min Temp Today 16.1 °C at 4:23 AM

Weather here today
http://www.mansfieldweather.com.au/

some nice pics of my area
http://www.mansfieldweather.com.au/details.htm

sign the guest book and tell em your weather
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 01:39 pm
eastern lake ontario :
hard to believe it's jan 2 . just came back from a walk along the lake ,
the sun is shining ,it's just above freezing and lake ontario is as blue as "the blue danube" - how about a "blue lake ontario' waltz ?
more mild weather and rain in the forecast - and in the u.s. mid-west the highways are still covered with snow and cattle can't get to feeding stations .
hbg
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 07:53 pm
Hi msolga, I'm here, just not on A2K much anymore. Occasionally I stop in to the "Cat Room", that's about it.

I started a family website and it takes a lot of time keeping it updated.

We also took a trip to North Carolina to visit my youngest daughter and her family over Christmas, it was lovely, weather was about the same as Florida and no, we didn't see any snow, however it was worth it seeing my grandchildren and my daughter and son-in-law.

Hope you had a great Holiday!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 07:37 am
I'm sorry to hear that, Misti. (Not being on A2K much anymore.)
Sounds like family is very important to you right now. Certainly keeping you busy, anyway!
It's the summer holiday period here right now. Unusually muggy for my part of Oz. Very energy sapping. Like being in a sauna all day. I wish the seasons would sort themselves out & get back to normal!

Greeting to you & Paddy. Very Happy
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 10:20 am
hamburger wrote:
eastern lake ontario :
hard to believe it's jan 2 . just came back from a walk along the lake ,
the sun is shining ,it's just above freezing and lake ontario is as blue as "the blue danube" - how about a "blue lake ontario' waltz ?
more mild weather and rain in the forecast - and in the u.s. mid-west the highways are still covered with snow and cattle can't get to feeding stations .
hbg

It's madness. Liquid water in Wisconsin in January? Wind from the SOUTH??!?!

It's not natural, I tell you.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 11:47 am
"It's not natural, I tell you. "

unfortunately have to agree with you !
(but i undertsand there is no need to be concerned about global warming . that's great news imo).
hbg Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 08:06 pm
2007 to be world's warmest year: scientists

This year is set to be the hottest on record worldwide due to global warming and the El Nino weather phenomenon, Britain's Meteorological Office says.

It says the combination of factors will likely push average temperatures this year above the record set in 1998.

2006 is set to be the sixth warmest on record globally.

"This new information represents another warning that climate change is happening around the world," Meteorological Office scientist Katie Hopkins said. ... <cont>

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200701/s1821352.htm
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 11:44 am
Too warm in Germany, too... The birds are already starting to sing in the morning! I don't like winter so I am quite fine with this. But it still feels kinda strange...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 02:02 pm
eastern lake ontario :
well above freezing , sunshine , no snow , no ice on lake ontario ... global warning ? of course not , there is no such thing .

this is what our winters used to be like :
snow would start in december , we'd be waiting for a week of 'january thaw' in late january , more snow lasting into march/april .
overnight temperatues were usually into the minus 15 to 30 C range .
last week our artificial skating-rink had to be closed because it was too warm !
didn't need any artificial skating-rinks in the 1960's and 70's - see pix below .
the first pix is from the winter 1967/68 , the second from the winter 1972/73 .
hbg

thumbnail - please click !
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3295/winterpicsks2.th.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 03:40 pm
We are unable to announce the weather. We depend on weather reports from the airport, which is closed, due to the weather. Whether we will be able to give you the weather tomorrow will depend on the weather.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 03:51 pm
It has been a monsoon in Athens for days. Things are floating past my door. We had tornado warnings for the past day or so. It is about 60 degrees and drown-y.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 04:22 pm
urs53 wrote:
Too warm in Germany, too... The birds are already starting to sing in the morning! I don't like winter so I am quite fine with this. But it still feels kinda strange...

73F degrees in New Hampshire yesterday, a new record not broken since 1913. Normally we are shovelling snow, skidding on ice, and braving the bitter cold and shivvering winds this time of year.

Yesterday people were wearing shorts and tshirts while walking their dogs, I almost had to turn on the AC in my car, and if it was just a slight bit warmer people would have started to actually complain about the heat. Bugs have started to come out already. I saw a January mosquito, never seen one before.

Meanwhile Denver received its third blizzard in three weeks.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 10 Jan, 2007 10:00 pm
Very cold weather is headed to the Valley this weekend. Have been busy moving balcony plants closer to the apartment walls and covering them for protection.

If there is enough moisture in the cold front we might even see some snow. A lot of foothill citrus groves are going to take some big losses. Picking season was just beginning, now they're rushing to bring in as many citrus as they can, ripe or not.

You folks to the west of us best brace for another round of blizzard and unusual snow coming your way.

Deep Freeze Coming To Sacramento Area
Snow Expected In Sierra; Possibly A Dusting In Foothills

POSTED: 5:59 am PST January 10, 2007
UPDATED: 11:17 am PST January 10, 2007

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A cold snap will begin Thursday in the Sacramento region, bringing some of the chilliest temperatures seen in nearly a decade.

Winds are expected to pick up in the high country today, and a dusting of snow in the Sierra is expected Thursday, with some snow falling in the foothills as low as 1,000 feet elevation.

Temperatures will reach the 50s in Sacramento today, but temperatures will drop Thursday and Friday and reach their lowest on Saturday morning. Residents are urged to take steps to insulate exposed water pipes and cover sensitive outdoor plants.

By Friday, morning temperatures in Sacramento will drop to the 20s, with windchill making it feel colder.

Highs in Sacramento will only reach the 40s Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Those traveling to the Sierra in the coming days should brace for high winds and snow over mountain passes.
0 Replies