Misti26 II

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 08:09 pm
TD Chris seems to have passed south Florida by, thank God. Since we're moving into September, things should pick up here soon, weather wise, however it's quite alright with me if they remain calm and uneventful.

It's extremely hot this summer, mid 90's every day and very humid.

I understand we're not the only ones with high temps this year. My brother sent me the following from Dublin, Ireland, which is unheard of:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/Copyofitgothottersince95.jpg
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Sat 12 Aug, 2006 08:48 pm
So you want to live in Florida?

Hurricanes 2006
0 Replies

Jose Cuervo

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:31 pm
It has been over 100 degrees for nearly a month in North Texas...
No rain...
ARRrgh!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 02:56 am
Very humid here, mild, and wet.

Also Aaargh.

Shame we can't swop a day's weather now and then. Smile
0 Replies

Hammerstone

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2006 05:17 am
There's something I've never quite understood: why in heaven's name are the residential houses in America's Tornado Alley built precisely as every other house is in those States where there are no annual hurricanes?

I'm mean, D'ur!

Why O why are they not shaped like igloos so that the annual hurricane-force winds will simply jet-stream over them without breaking them apart and flying the pieces across the State borders... ?

And why are those people in California still building their expensive residential properties at the top of wooded valleys where every 5-years or so there is a raging holocaust of flaming timbers?
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 07:57 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/Weather.jpg

This is our latest hurricane threat, Ernesto! Doesn't look good for New Orleans.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 08:56 pm
We all hope, of course, that Ernesto doesn't get violent. But it would be so sweet if he could come inland and work his way up the eastern coast. We need rain badly.
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2006 09:20 pm
Doing the rain dance RJB!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 09:58 am
To yall in Florida and the rest of the southeast. Please check the latest map tracking hurricane Ernesto. He seems to be drifting to the east.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 11:51 am
eastern lake ontario :
the last few weeks it's been fairly dry , but we had two good soakers lately - the last one overnight with about 10-15 mm of rain ; suddenly everything is turning green again.
had some fairly hot days this summer , but overall not the scorcher it was last year .
just came back from walk along ontario : stiff breeze out of the south-west - lots of boardsailers out on the lake taking advantage of the wind and 3-4 foot waves - beautiful to see .
hbg
0 Replies

Erik30

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 11:53 am
Beautiful sunny day in Cornwall. Good waves, but cold sea.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:00 pm
Rain for a couple of days, Some hard rain today as the remnants of Ernesto move through Virginia. But it is good. We were so dry here.

Last night it looked like he would come directly over us with a whole bunch of rain and wind but he went to the east of us a bit. Hurricanes and such have winds that rotate in a counter-clockwise direction. So now that it has moved north of us we are on the lower left portion (around about the 8 o'clock position). My windows is this room face to the north and another set to the west. It is strange the clouds coming in from the north and the rain pelting that side of the house vs the more typical west orientation.
We will probably lose power at some point as the wind gusts topple some shallow rooted trees in satuarated soil adjacent power lines.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 02:42 pm
eastern lake ontario :
very pleasant weather , sunny , daytime about 22-23 C , night-time about 15-17 C .
there is a 60% chance of light rain on saturday/sunday , remnants of the huricane - we can live with that .
hbg
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:25 pm
RJB: Glad to see you got some rain, hope you had a barrel outside for the plants should it get dry again.

Looks like Florence is on her way out to see, thank God. However, I believe there's another depression behind her.

'Tis the season!
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 10:16 pm
Looks like we're going to miss Florence, geographically that is!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/StormFlorence.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 08:07 am
We have had some really warm late summer/early autumn during the week, with the warmest day on on record today: 29°C (84°F).

And in New Mexico ...

http://i9.tinypic.com/2ijqgyw.jpg

(source: Albuquerque Journal, 22.09.2006, page 17)
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 10:37 am
"...rain , rain , go away , little johnny wants to play ! ..."

eastern lake ontario :
after a dry summer , we are receiving plenty of rain now .
grass growing like crazy and it won't dry in-between showers for me to cut it .
well , we'll be leaving in about 10 days until end of october ... so if i don't get it cut , it'll have to wait for spring Very Happy - no skin off my nose !
hbg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2006 04:55 pm
it stopped raining ! so i managed to cut the front section of the lawn - on the other side of the hedge - so the neighbours won't think i'm lazy :wink: - so what , if i am lazy anyway ?
hbg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 10:14 am
Today is the official beginning of fall in Germany. And it was a wonderful warm and sunny day. It was just great to stroll through our little town, look at all the smiling people, eat some ice cream...

My tai chi class last night was outdoors, too. However, it got quite chilly and dark by 8 pm :-)
0 Replies

Misti26 II

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2006 10:34 pm
We've been having some great weather here in central Florida ... 80's during the day, however some great 68's during early morning hours.

So far, hurricane season has proven extremely gentle ... (shhhhhhhh), I sometimes wonder if the best is yet to be? Hopefully, we will see this wonderful fall season wave a gentle goodbye to storms:)

"...I can see my footprints, the ones I've left behind;
A long and winding trail of steps that destiny designed.
A trail of tears and laughter, of sun and shadows deep,
Of promises I've broken and ones I've yet to keep...."
0 Replies