Bush Hitting the Bottle Again?

Chrissee

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:28 pm
Rumor has it that Mike Brown was the source, he was hired back Monday. Surprise, surprise!

Is it becoming clear why Bush can't fire anyone?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:46 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
you have at most argued plausibility

kelticwizard wrote:
Yes, in the same sense that we are merely talking "plausibility" when we see a woman who, after taking her boyfriend back after the restraining order expires, walks into work with a black eye twice in six months.

Brandon9000 wrote:
Not so. It seems to me that in her case it is more likely that her black eyes are due to a beating at her roommate's hands....
Yes, about a 99% likelihood.

Brandon9000 wrote:
....than that the mere fact of stumbling a few times indicates drunkeness on the part of the president.

A "mere" fact of stumbling-resulting in a gash on the face twice in one year?

Are you retreating into unreality here, Brandon? It would appear so.

Once again, I quote the good doctor.
Dr. Michael Reynaud, MD, et al wrote:
Indeed, patients admitted to emergency services for other reasons often prove to have alcohol problems (e.g., ill-defined episodes of malaise, falls at home, or accidents at work).
Source

Fact is, Brandon, it is almost impossible for a person, in the home, to fall in such a way that their face gets a gash unless
A) they are on a ladder or fixing something in an awkward position, or

B) unless their reflexes are inhibited by alcohol or drugs.

We can eliminate A) because he has staff to get on ladders and fix things. That leaves B), reflexes inhibited by alcohol or drugs. Because the reflexes automatically protect the head and face when somebody accidentally falls.

Even the elderly, whose reflexes have been slowed by age, do not routinely walk around with facial gashes. It is unusual even for them. Yet, here is Bush, who brags about his workout routine, who was an (intramural) athlete of sorts in college and advertises how fit he has kept since, walking around with two gashes on the face, as a result of "incidents" in the White House, his first year.

Oh yes, and nobody happened to be around to see the "incidents" occur.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:51 pm
Let me just say that I have played basketball extensively on hard pavement outdoors, I've jogged both on pavement and cross country, and I have never fell and gotten a shiner on my face the way Bush got twice in his first year. I've fallen forward, all right, but I always threw my hands in front of me-it's the instictive thing to do.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:54 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
Let me just say that I have played basketball extensively on hard pavement outdoors, I've jogged both on pavement and cross country, and I have never fell and gotten a shiner on my face the way Bush got twice in his first year. I've fallen forward, all right, but I always threw my hands in front of me-it's the instictive thing to do.

Yeah, but you got mad skilz, KW.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 05:57 am
Okay, watch the video (windows media - opens in new window) and tell me he isn't hitting the bottle. Cause, if he isn't... Whoa!

Bush Energy Speech
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:00 am
Wow! I just watched the video without audio. (listening to Jerry) It is obvious SOMETHING is wrong with him. But if he had, say, a stroke, why aren't we being told?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:13 am
for technical reasons I couldnt watch it

what was so peculiar about his behaviour?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:16 am
Chrissee wrote:
Wow! I just watched the video without audio. (listening to Jerry) It is obvious SOMETHING is wrong with him. But if he had, say, a stroke, why aren't we being told?

I believe that when Woodrow Wilson had a stroke it was kept under wraps for quite some time. The American public just doesn't handle bad news very well.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:22 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

He acts like he has a severe hangover. I know in real life, I can spot someone who overimbibed in an instant. He fits the part.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:24 am
Sturgis wrote:
Chrissee wrote:

I believe that when Woodrow Wilson had a stroke it was kept under wraps for quite some time. The American public just doesn't handle bad news very well.

<avoiding, out of a sense of good taste, the obvious "How would that be bad news?" > Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:29 am
Thanks If Bush was drinking heavily, do you think all the aids staff and politicians who he has to mix with every day would keep quiet about it?

What is Bush's history with alcohol anyway? Was he a bone fide alcoholic?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:58 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

What is Bush's history with alcohol anyway? Was he a bone fide alcoholic?

The first family's alcohol troubles - whatever true this may be.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 09:41 am
He admitted to being an alcoholic during the 2000 campaign. He admitted that Laura gave him an altimatum. He admitted to changing after finding God.

It isn't speculation.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:00 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Nothing I could see. He doesn't act like he's got a hangover, Chrissee's "expert" opinion notwithstanding.

Try saving the clip to your hard drive first then watch it, rather than streaming it. That might solve your technical problems.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:43 am
It shows he's an idiot, but we knew that already. Doesn't look/act hungover to me.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:48 am
J_B wrote:
It shows he's an idiot, but we knew that already. Doesn't look/act hungover to me.

(quiet you'll upset the whackos if you don't say he is drunk as a skunk)
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:52 am
squinney wrote:
He admitted to being an alcoholic during the 2000 campaign. He admitted that Laura gave him an altimatum. He admitted to changing after finding God.

It isn't speculation.

Yes; however, his alcoholism is under treatment. He has admitted to being an alcoholic and he tells us that he changed after finding God. This in no way says that he is currently drinking or using drugs. Can Mr. Bush end up picking up alcohol or drugs again? Sure. He has a day to day journey and whether he can stay sober is his choice and his alone.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:08 am
Bullshit, he never received treatment.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:36 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
you have at most argued plausibility

kelticwizard wrote:
Yes, in the same sense that we are merely talking "plausibility" when we see a woman who, after taking her boyfriend back after the restraining order expires, walks into work with a black eye twice in six months.

Brandon9000 wrote:
Not so. It seems to me that in her case it is more likely that her black eyes are due to a beating at her roommate's hands....
Yes, about a 99% likelihood.

Brandon9000 wrote:
....than that the mere fact of stumbling a few times indicates drunkeness on the part of the president.

A "mere" fact of stumbling-resulting in a gash on the face twice in one year?

Are you retreating into unreality here, Brandon? It would appear so.

Once again, I quote the good doctor.
Dr. Michael Reynaud, MD, et al wrote:
Indeed, patients admitted to emergency services for other reasons often prove to have alcohol problems (e.g., ill-defined episodes of malaise, falls at home, or accidents at work).
Source

Fact is, Brandon, it is almost impossible for a person, in the home, to fall in such a way that their face gets a gash unless
A) they are on a ladder or fixing something in an awkward position, or

B) unless their reflexes are inhibited by alcohol or drugs.

We can eliminate A) because he has staff to get on ladders and fix things. That leaves B), reflexes inhibited by alcohol or drugs. Because the reflexes automatically protect the head and face when somebody accidentally falls.

Even the elderly, whose reflexes have been slowed by age, do not routinely walk around with facial gashes. It is unusual even for them. Yet, here is Bush, who brags about his workout routine, who was an (intramural) athlete of sorts in college and advertises how fit he has kept since, walking around with two gashes on the face, as a result of "incidents" in the White House, his first year.

Oh yes, and nobody happened to be around to see the "incidents" occur.

This is baloney. You cannot infer drinking as anything but one possible explanation, with no first hand reports of drinking. A man who leads a very unusual lifetsyle stumbles a few times, you conclude that he is probably a drunkard, and then accuse anyone who disagrees of retreating into unreality. You have nothing like enough evidence to sugges drunkeness. How do you know he doesn't have a physical coordination problem, for instance? A first hand eyewitness to him being drunk or to him drinking would be helpful to your case. You'd have been great at the Salem Witch trials.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:41 am
Chrissee wrote:
Bullshit, he never received treatment.

His treatment (as such) is a belief in God, and he asks God to help him stay sober each and every day. He may have other treatments as well, as much as it may shock, surprise and even offend you and hundreds of others, we do not, I repeat...DO NOT...know everything about President Bush.
0 Replies