Bush Hitting the Bottle Again?

Synonymph

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 01:49 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Synonymph wrote:

Sorry if that was too direct for you. It was just a suggestion. If anything was rude, it was your initial response to Chrissee, which you have since deleted.

You're right. It was rude. But never the less true.

And for the record, you don't need to apologize for being direct.

I wasn't apologizing for being direct. I said I was sorry if what I said was too direct FOR YOU, since you referred to my suggestion (that you should think before you post) as "uncalled for and rude."
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 02:44 pm
You weren't too direct for me. You were rude for saying I don't think before I post and I pointed that out.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 03:03 pm
O, the irony.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1492747#1492747
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 03:28 pm
Let me just post this so that everyone knows what you are trying to say Synonymph. If I am wrong, please tell me so I can correct my post.

Quote:
I am a passive agressive and trust me...being so drives me nuts. I see myself acting like an a-hole and there my hubby is, trying to negotiate, trying to "talk me down". He is both a leader and a cherisher but he does tend to lean more toward the leader aspect most of the time. But usually once the scene is over, I will apologize and "come to my senses". I have been actively working on not being a complete crazy and actually have found out that a lot of this behavior is being caused by a medical reason. I don't know if this is something for you former man to look into but lots of times, emotional crap stems from physical crap. Something to think about.

I think what she was trying to point out is the bolded statements (the other parts being supporting evidence). I think her intent was to trap me with my own words. While I appreciate her attempt, I would like to point this out. When I say passive aggressive I meant I am sometimes a little emotionally irrational with my husband. I do not have a Passive Agressive personality disorder. I do not "act out" here, despite what you may think. I have never shirked away when proved wrong. I can admit being wrong. Perhaps you will say that my bluntness is Passive Agressive. Great. I think it's called honesty. When people say they are passive agressive, it usually means that they sometimes display behaviors that are similar to that of actual PA behaviors. Meaning, they act like children. I can admit that sometimes, I act like a child in arguments with my husband. I am far more emotional with him than I am here. That does not mean that I am always that way.

These are passive agressive traits associated with the disorder. Let's just see if I actually fit the bill....

(1) procrastinates, (I am a planner. I don't procrastinate)

(2) sulks or argues when asked to do something he doesn't want to do, (Nope. In fact, my policy is to get it over with as soon as possible)

(3) works inefficiently on unwanted tasks, (Again, nope. Just got a raise at work for my effeciency)

(4) complains without justification of unreasonable demands, )I can think of more than one person who fits this bill)

(5) "forgets" obligations, (I am usually the one reminding other)

(6) believes he is doing a much better job than others think, (Again, nope. And I have the review to prove it)

(7) resents useful suggestions, (never. I always agree that the better solution is the better solution, no matter who it comes from)

(8) fails to do his share, (I pull my weight and hate those who don't)

(9) unreasonably criticizes authority figures (Again, can we name some people who fit this better than I?)

So, I guess I was mistaken when I said I was a passive agressive. Hm. Well, I guess that just makes me a bitch, huh?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 04:05 pm
Bella, are you seriously telling me someone has invented a "passive aggressive personality disorder"?

Can you link me to where you got those criteria?

(This is not an argument with you or anything, I am just interested.)

Edit: Don't bother. It actually WAS in DSM IIIR, but was removed to the appendices of DSM IV, "due to controversy".

Thank bloody heavens for that.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 04:08 pm
Right. And rightly so, don't you think? :wink:
Med Line

Here is one place that actually discusses it if anyone is interested. I didn't get my list from here but they are basically the same thing.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:39 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
You are right Chrissee I do have a problem with you. You are rude to people. You whine. You complain. You make every attempt to make people dislike you. And you probably dont have pm privledges (sic) because you don't deserve them.

You want to talk about me, say it to my face (or screen name). Or is that too direct?

Actually, I would be glad to tell you what I think of you to your face. Where do you live? Or I can tell you next time you are in San Francisco. Deal?

I am not here to make friends, although over the years, I have met quite a few people from forums. People I meet find that I am just as I present myself. (of course, the people who meet me understand my rap.)

Unlike most people who post, I am a real person, not an anonymous entity behind a screen name and misleading avatar. I really do live in Twin Peaks near The Castro and if you were to hang out here, there is a good chance you would run into me and recognize me.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:54 pm
kelticwizard wrote:
I am frankly surprised it has taken this long for people to strongly suspect that Bush is on the sauce again, or was on it and is in imminent danger of doing so again.

Bush and his supporters are always playing up the fact that he was supposed to be a good athlete. He played sports in college, he broadcasts how much he works out and is fit.

So here's this fit, supposedly athletic guy in his forties, entering the White House, and in the first year he has two injuries to his face gotten while inside the house, with no witnesses present. There was the "pretzel incident" and one other.

Falls in the house are closely associated with alcohol or drug use. Moreover, since we automatically try to protect our face and head if we do fall, injuries there even more strongly indicate the individual is taking something to slow his automatic reactions.

I don't believe I have ever had any falls in the house which resulted in injuries to my face. I've cut my finger, etc, but that is about it. And I don't have a staff to get up on ladders or to use power tools around the house either-there is no reason for Bush to do anything that puts him into a physically awkward position.

The bicycling incidents are another story, since people fall off bikes all the time, especially when they are trying to perform difficult maneuvers. But two falls in the house, with injuries to the face, in one year, by a supposedly fit man in his forties? That's getting hard to believe.

After the two incidents, Bush started spending an amazing portion of his presidency at his Crawford ranch. Where he can have the support of his family-and also where counselors and rehab people can be brought in less conspicuously than at the White House.

The evidence indicates it is likely Bush found out early that he could not take the stress of the presidency, he went back on the bottle and the frequent trips to Crawford are either for rehab purposes, or to reduce stress so that he does not relapse again.

So if we use this reasoning, then it would be safe to assume that Gerald Ford was also a drunk? He is well known to have taken some pretty good spills during his time in the White House. Was also known to have been a good athlete, and was in pretty good shape for a man of his age.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:57 pm
tommrr wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
I am frankly surprised it has taken this long for people to strongly suspect that Bush is on the sauce again, or was on it and is in imminent danger of doing so again.

Bush and his supporters are always playing up the fact that he was supposed to be a good athlete. He played sports in college, he broadcasts how much he works out and is fit.

So here's this fit, supposedly athletic guy in his forties, entering the White House, and in the first year he has two injuries to his face gotten while inside the house, with no witnesses present. There was the "pretzel incident" and one other.

Falls in the house are closely associated with alcohol or drug use. Moreover, since we automatically try to protect our face and head if we do fall, injuries there even more strongly indicate the individual is taking something to slow his automatic reactions.

I don't believe I have ever had any falls in the house which resulted in injuries to my face. I've cut my finger, etc, but that is about it. And I don't have a staff to get up on ladders or to use power tools around the house either-there is no reason for Bush to do anything that puts him into a physically awkward position.

The bicycling incidents are another story, since people fall off bikes all the time, especially when they are trying to perform difficult maneuvers. But two falls in the house, with injuries to the face, in one year, by a supposedly fit man in his forties? That's getting hard to believe.

After the two incidents, Bush started spending an amazing portion of his presidency at his Crawford ranch. Where he can have the support of his family-and also where counselors and rehab people can be brought in less conspicuously than at the White House.

The evidence indicates it is likely Bush found out early that he could not take the stress of the presidency, he went back on the bottle and the frequent trips to Crawford are either for rehab purposes, or to reduce stress so that he does not relapse again.

So if we use this reasoning, then it would be safe to assume that Gerald Ford was also a drunk? He is well known to have taken some pretty good spills during his time in the White House

Gerald Ford was drunk and high through osmosis. Remember Betty F. ?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:58 pm
mightabeen, tommrr, mightabeen.

Betty was known to be sloshed on a regular basis. Who knows what Gerry was up to? I was a pretty big GRF fan so I would have taken exception to the claim at the time, but who knows?
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:02 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
tommrr wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:

So if we use this reasoning, then it would be safe to assume that Gerald Ford was also a drunk? He is well known to have taken some pretty good spills during his time in the White House

Gerald Ford was drunk and high through osmosis. Remember Betty F. ?

It was the perfect arrangement, she drank and he fell. Now if that isn't the perfect marriage, I don't know what is.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:06 pm
J_B wrote:
One who is in denial refuses to face reality. Equating a bump on the face and choking on pretzels to proof of reality, particularly when the original accusation comes from a rag like the National Enquirer, leaves too big a gap for me to leap.

I'm not saying its likely or unlikely that GW is drinking, just that refusing to accept the known events as proof doesn't equate to denial.

I'll give you a better example of denial. Mr B is convinced we'll be back in New Orleans next April for Jazz Fest. He keeps saying, 'It's not that bad." Now, THAT'S denial.

Well, he is not the only one saying that. AEG, the organizers of the event are predicting that it will happen as well, although probably not at the fair grounds.
Having been rained out at the NO Jazz Fest a couple of times,and sludged to the bus in knee deep water, I hope that they move it to a different location in NO, as that place just ain't the right spot.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:10 pm
Well, if they hold it, we'll be there come hell or high water.... oops, better watch what I ask for.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:22 pm
It is quite obvious Bush has been drinking. Are people on this thread actually questioning that?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:24 pm
hey, gus!! You didn't get to go on your trip to NO. Maybe you could drop your friend off in April and catch Jazz Fest.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:26 pm
You are wrong, my friend. I did make it to New Orleans and left right before the storm.

But I do like your idea.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:32 pm
No kidding? I thought you were going in September? Wait.... I'm going to find your other thread.... whatdathinkofit?
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:00 pm
J_B wrote:
Well, if they hold it, we'll be there come hell or high water.... oops, better watch what I ask for.

Although AEG did say if it were not possible to hold it in New Orleans, it would be held as scheduled as close to there as possible. My guess it Baton Rouge.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:52 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
You are right Chrissee I do have a problem with you. You are rude to people. You whine. You complain. You make every attempt to make people dislike you. And you probably dont have pm privledges (sic) because you don't deserve them.

You want to talk about me, say it to my face (or screen name). Or is that too direct?

Actually, I would be glad to tell you what I think of you to your face. Where do you live? Or I can tell you next time you are in San Francisco. Deal?

I am not here to make friends, although over the years, I have met quite a few people from forums. People I meet find that I am just as I present myself. (of course, the people who meet me understand my rap.)

Unlike most people who post, I am a real person, not an anonymous entity behind a screen name and misleading avatar. I really do live in Twin Peaks near The Castro and if you were to hang out here, there is a good chance you would run into me and recognize me.

Bumping til I get an answer. It is a beautiful evening in San Fancisco. See you all later.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:02 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Bumping til I get an answer. It is a beautiful evening in San Fancisco. See you all later.

Here, you can have my answer: I have no desire to see your face in person. Lord knows I see it enough as it is on this site. Based on what I think Bella was trying to say, I don't think she was suggesting a face-to-face with you either.

It's evident by the tone and content of your posts that you aren't trying to make friends. You claim to be a "real person," and I suppose I can believe that ... but I'm not sure what you mean by claiming to not hide behind a misleading avatar. I don't care that you really live in Twin Peaks near the Castro ... and there is not a chance in hell that you would ever catch me hanging around there.
0 Replies