Bush Hitting the Bottle Again?

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 11:07 am
The Enquirer is reporting that family sources say Laura Bush caught him sneaking a shot of booze the week of Katrina. Others say he has been hitting the bottle for quite some time.

Not a great source but I beleive that Bush has been drinking all along.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,948 • Replies: 201
No top replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 11:10 am
whats "all along"?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 12:48 pm
Edited because apparently one can't make a mistake here.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 01:05 pm
I won't believe it until I see it in Weekly World News.

(Where we find that Bush has remapped the Solar System.

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/images/wwn/208637/49450.jpg

I wondered when he'd get around to doing that.)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 01:09 pm
Quote:
Nice source. Where does it say the man can't have a drink? Please. Again, just another lousy excuse to complain.

He's a recovering alcoholic who swore off of the stuff after his wife made him. But I'll wait for a stronger source before I become concerned about this.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 01:15 pm
I was wondering when someone would use the Enquirer as a source to smear Bush. Integrity and honest journalism, hallmarks of the Enquirer.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 01:31 pm
Karl Rove is Uranus. Somehow that makes sense since we always knew he was an .....
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 01:54 pm
Bella, the source is questionable, but a recovering alcoholic who has a history of drug abuse (like the current president) shouldn't drink.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 01:56 pm
Synonymph wrote:
Bella, the source is questionable, but a recovering alcoholic who has a history of drug abuse (like the current president) shouldn't drink.

Edited because I am not apologizing.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 02:08 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I won't believe it until I see it in Weekly World News.

i think it's a matter of time, tico, since they have the same publisher as the Enquirer. :wink:
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 02:12 pm
That explains much. :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 02:35 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Synonymph wrote:

Ok, you have a point there.

If you think before you hit submit, you might not say something like this:
Bella Dea wrote:
Nice source. Where does it say the man can't have a drink? Please. Again, just another lousy excuse to complain.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 02:52 pm
Synonymph wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Synonymph wrote:

Ok, you have a point there.

If you think before you hit submit, you might not say something like this:
Bella Dea wrote:

That was uncalled for and rude.

Perhaps I didn't know he was a recovering alcoholic? Perhaps I forgot? Perhaps I am so fed up with people whining I just reacted?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:00 pm
His behavior indicates he is abusing some substance. Anyone with any percertive abilities can see that. Furthermore, if you believe it is likely that someone would just wake up one day and decide to go cold turkey and never have a relapse, I have got a bridge to sell.

If it walks like a drunk, stammers like a drunk, it's a drunk.

Major media is working on this story as we speak.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:05 pm
Where?
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:44 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
I was wondering when someone would use the Enquirer as a source to smear Bush. Integrity and honest journalism, hallmarks of the Enquirer.

In order for something to be a smear, it has to be untrue. Bush's battle with bottle is well-documented.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 11:27 pm
Bella, Bush himself has drawn attention to the fact that he used to drink far too much, and has broadcast far and wide about how his life was supposed to turn around when he gave up drinking and took up religion. This is something Bush has focused on himself.

People who had big problems with alcohol and then go off it very often cannot go back and drink normally. If they try, a very high percentage of them "binge" and go into a downward slide. This is why Bush having a few drinks would be important.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 11:50 pm
I am frankly surprised it has taken this long for people to strongly suspect that Bush is on the sauce again, or was on it and is in imminent danger of doing so again.

Bush and his supporters are always playing up the fact that he was supposed to be a good athlete. He played sports in college, he broadcasts how much he works out and is fit.

So here's this fit, supposedly athletic guy in his forties, entering the White House, and in the first year he has two injuries to his face gotten while inside the house, with no witnesses present. There was the "pretzel incident" and one other.

Falls in the house are closely associated with alcohol or drug use. Moreover, since we automatically try to protect our face and head if we do fall, injuries there even more strongly indicate the individual is taking something to slow his automatic reactions.

I don't believe I have ever had any falls in the house which resulted in injuries to my face. I've cut my finger, etc, but that is about it. And I don't have a staff to get up on ladders or to use power tools around the house either-there is no reason for Bush to do anything that puts him into a physically awkward position.

The bicycling incidents are another story, since people fall off bikes all the time, especially when they are trying to perform difficult maneuvers. But two falls in the house, with injuries to the face, in one year, by a supposedly fit man in his forties? That's getting hard to believe.

After the two incidents, Bush started spending an amazing portion of his presidency at his Crawford ranch. Where he can have the support of his family-and also where counselors and rehab people can be brought in less conspicuously than at the White House.

The evidence indicates it is likely Bush found out early that he could not take the stress of the presidency, he went back on the bottle and the frequent trips to Crawford are either for rehab purposes, or to reduce stress so that he does not relapse again.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 12:03 am
If he's not drinking yet he should start as soon as possible. Crying or Very sad Drunk
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:38 am
This is another in a long line of whisper campaigns against Bush. Perhaps soon your source will upgrade from the Enquirer to, say, DU or Kos.
0 Replies