Bush Hitting the Bottle Again?

Chrissee

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:50 am
kelticwizard wrote:
I am frankly surprised it has taken this long for people to strongly suspect that Bush is on the sauce again, or was on it and is in imminent danger of doing so again.

Bush and his supporters are always playing up the fact that he was supposed to be a good athlete. He played sports in college, he broadcasts how much he works out and is fit.

So here's this fit, supposedly athletic guy in his forties, entering the White House, and in the first year he has two injuries to his face gotten while inside the house, with no witnesses present. There was the "pretzel incident" and one other.

Falls in the house are closely associated with alcohol or drug use. Moreover, since we automatically try to protect our face and head if we do fall, injuries there even more strongly indicate the individual is taking something to slow his automatic reactions.

I don't believe I have ever had any falls in the house which resulted in injuries to my face. I've cut my finger, etc, but that is about it. And I don't have a staff to get up on ladders or to use power tools around the house either-there is no reason for Bush to do anything that puts him into a physically awkward position.

Choking on pretzels, falling down on your face, it is pretty apparent to those not in denial.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:55 am
Bush Hitting the Bottle Again
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:00 am
How pitiful the left has become that this kind of thing gets started.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:15 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Synonymph wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Synonymph wrote:
Bella, the source is questionable, but a recovering alcoholic who has a history of drug abuse (like the current president) shouldn't drink.

Ok, you have a point there.

If you think before you hit submit, you might not say something like this:
Bella Dea wrote:
Nice source. Where does it say the man can't have a drink? Please. Again, just another lousy excuse to complain.

That was uncalled for and rude.

Perhaps I didn't know he was a recovering alcoholic? Perhaps I forgot? Perhaps I am so fed up with people whining I just reacted?

Sorry if that was too direct for you. It was just a suggestion. If anything was rude, it was your initial response to Chrissee, which you have since deleted.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:17 am
NEWSFLASH::::

Another breaking story in next week's Enquirer. Aliens have secretly landed and are using their advanced technology to create killer hurricanes. The article of course goes on to blame Bush for not going after the aliens, while continuing to concentrate military forces in Iraq.

Is this the end of the world????!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:19 am
CoastalRat wrote:

Another breaking story in next week's Enquirer. Aliens have secretly landed and are using their advanced technology to create killer hurricanes. The article of course goes on to blame Bush for not going after the aliens, while continuing to concentrate military forces in Iraq.

Link?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:20 am
Chrissee wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:

Link?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:22 am
Synonymph wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Synonymph wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Synonymph wrote:
Bella, the source is questionable, but a recovering alcoholic who has a history of drug abuse (like the current president) shouldn't drink.

Ok, you have a point there.

If you think before you hit submit, you might not say something like this:
Bella Dea wrote:
Nice source. Where does it say the man can't have a drink? Please. Again, just another lousy excuse to complain.

That was uncalled for and rude.

Perhaps I didn't know he was a recovering alcoholic? Perhaps I forgot? Perhaps I am so fed up with people whining I just reacted?

Sorry if that was too direct for you. It was just a suggestion. If anything was rude, it was your initial response to Chrissee, which you have since deleted.

"Bella" obviously has a problem with me. And I can certainly understand why. Could you pm me the comment? I can receive PMs but can't send them. I would love to send you my thoughts concerning this entity called Bella whatever.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:27 am
Chrissee wrote:
... "Bella" obviously has a problem with me. And I can certainly understand why. ...

I don't know that she does, but if she does, I too can certainly understand why.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:47 am
ahem... are you trying to be helpful, Tico?

Chrissee, do you actually think of the National Enquirer as a news source?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:51 am
Chrissee wrote:

Choking on pretzels, falling down on your face, it is pretty apparent to those not in denial.

I'm not in denial but this doesn't add up to anything for me.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:52 am
J_B wrote:
ahem... are you trying to be helpful, Tico?

At that particular moment .... not particularly.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:02 am
Whether we blame it on John Barleycorn or not is of little consequence. The damage his presidency has wrought is. The nation would have been better off if he had a Monica to clear his brain. Sad
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:59 am
J_B wrote:
Chrissee wrote:

How does one know one is not in denial. I am not saying that you are, mind you, but someone who is in denial doesn't recognize it herself or himself.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 11:13 am
Chrissee wrote:
J_B wrote:
Chrissee wrote:

How does one know one is not in denial. I am not saying that you are, mind you, but someone who is in denial doesn't recognize it herself or himself.

And how are you certain you don't fit that description?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 11:40 am
One who is in denial refuses to face reality. Equating a bump on the face and choking on pretzels to proof of reality, particularly when the original accusation comes from a rag like the National Enquirer, leaves too big a gap for me to leap.

I'm not saying its likely or unlikely that GW is drinking, just that refusing to accept the known events as proof doesn't equate to denial.

I'll give you a better example of denial. Mr B is convinced we'll be back in New Orleans next April for Jazz Fest. He keeps saying, 'It's not that bad." Now, THAT'S denial.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 12:15 pm
You are right Chrissee I do have a problem with you. You are rude to people. You whine. You complain. You make every attempt to make people dislike you. And you probably dont have pm privledges because you don't deserve them.

You want to talk about me, say it to my face (or screen name). Or is that too direct?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 12:16 pm
chrissee-
her posts are in your quotes... read 'em
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 12:21 pm
Synonymph wrote:

You're right. It was rude. But never the less true.

And for the record, you don't need to apologize for being direct.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 12:35 pm
The whole country needs to start drinking. Were screwed.
0 Replies