Bush Hitting the Bottle Again?

Chrissee

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:41 am
Quote:
with no first hand reports of drinking.

Really Brandon? No one is willing to go on the record, of course. At least someone dealing with the Mafia can get into witness protection. There is no such safe haven from the wrath of the Bush Crime Family.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:13 pm
You're reaching, Chrissee.

Bush Crime Family? You'd have much better luck at making your point if you kept the crap down to a minimum.

You're entitled to think he's drinking, but it's conjecture, pure and simple. There is no evidence of it, and I include pretzels and bruises as lack of evidence, His behavior hasn't changed over the last five years. He is, has been, and probably always will be a dim-witted cowboy who lucked his way into the White House and, due to another nothing-of-a-candidate out of the Dems, he managed to stay there.

If he's drinking today, which I doubt, then he's been drinking since he got there. Seems enough voters don't give two hoots whether he's drinking or not because they reelected him.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:16 pm
isn't anyone more concerned with his behavior no matter what the cause?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:19 pm
Precisely!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:27 pm
I mean don't get me wrong I'm all for slinging mud at this ass hat but he's pathetic and a concern whether he drinks or not and that's MY concern.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:30 pm
again, Precisely!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:11 pm
http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/cartoons/09-28-2005.gif
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 07:53 am
Ticomaya

Agreed it is as reliable and newsworthy as Fox news.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 08:04 am
Whether Bush is on the sauce or not is questionable. However, what is not, is that Bush is drunk with power which has proven to be far more serious and dangerous.
0 Replies

RichNDanaPoint

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 10:12 pm
I'll believe it when he falls off his bicycle again
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 10:57 pm
I'm late to this thread.

My main opinion is that I don't care what someone drinks or eats or who(m) he or she sleeps with, but his or her performance. This is called, in my business field, performance criteria.
We all differ on Bush and his administration's performance, but performance is the question, not if the guy takes a drink, in, of course, my opinion.

On falling, I have tended to do that much of my life and it turns out, and I didn't know this until I was 48, there is a good reason... I have lousy peripheral vision. Lady J posted in a similar fashion and got nailed as off in coocoo land, and she is not.

This is not by way of giving Bush some excuse, but it's hard to read all the indictments that I just did on a thread review, of people who fall. Good luck to you all when you have poor bones, whatever, sometime later.

My own despair and distaste about Bush knows no bounds, but getting him on drinking is a flail at a weak link instead of dealing with policy issues.
Should he actually be proved drunk in crisis I may change my tune, but that would be performance, would it not?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 11:08 pm
Ossobucco:

Does the falling you do result in gashes on your face?

I am not talking about twisted ankles, or wrenched backs, or problems with knees, elbows or wrists. I mean gashes on the face. Does your falling result in them?

Because generally falling does not.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 11:15 pm
Usually not and I don't fall that often - because of my propensity to do that I don't hop about as freely as I did before I caught on... so I am sort of awkward in space, depending on time of day, available light - bounding around at noon and total sissy at near dark.

Yeh, I get it that he is likely a booze faller, which is an indicator of a booze state of being. But... if he performed well I don't care.

I don't think, myself, that he performs well, but booze is not my main interest of inquiry.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 11:28 pm
I amend that, as sometimes it does, when I hit my head getting into a car. I sometimes misjudge the top, and do that some other places too. But this is not about me, just a note from out here that all fallers aren't drunk. Bush may well be.

I'd rather nab him on his policies.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 12:30 am
ossobuco wrote:
I amend that, as sometimes it does, when I hit my head getting into a car. I sometimes misjudge the top, and do that some other places too.

A bump getting into a car might leave a mark, which might stay a day but will normally disappear in a matter of hours.

I have seen boxers emerge from 12 rounds in the ring with less damage to their face than Bush received from those two falls in his first year.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 12:35 am
OK, I give up, his facial wounds may well be indicative of many glugs from a bottle.

I still don't care, if he acts well.

(I did not say he acts well.)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 06:46 am
Suppose he has a skin condition that causes even the most innocuous scrapes to appear as huge abrasions?

I mean, while we're postulating and speculating ....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 08:07 am
I feel sorry for folks who have developed alcoholism. I'm just one of the lucky folks who, through nothing I've done at all but merely through the grace of god, has not had to carry this demon through life. If I could magically remove one drug from human culture, alcohol would be the one.

If Bush is drinking again, that's nothing but a tragedy. As regards the consequences for his job, it would be difficult to imagine anyone in a better position to have others manage things while he is less than sober. How many people in Washington remain sober through even a single week?

I despise this guy and just about everything he stands for (or says he stands for, but doesn't stand for) and that holds true for almost all of those around him in the administration. But this sort of speculation represents to me the very worst sort of character assassination used for cheap and tawdry political gain.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 08:21 am
I agree, Blatham.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 08:26 am
Quote:
How many people in Washington remain sober through even a single week?

And another question would be, how many of those were alcoholics, says Walter, alcoholic, sober since more than 25 years.
[No need to fell sorry abot me, though, Bernie :wink: ]
0 Replies