baseball MVP & CY YOUNG: who do you like?

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2023 02:04 pm
@Ragman,

can't really put my finger on it.

i glance at the sports section everyday, but the desire to actually sit through a game (of any sort) is waning...
Ragman

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2023 03:34 pm
@Region Philbis,
I don’t recall the last time I watched a whole game. I tend to watch 2-3 innings at most…and then only when certain events..like Ohtani is pitching. I might watch part of playoff game or a partial WS game.

I hated when the used to do the exaggerated infield shift.

Hey, life is too short.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2023 07:37 pm
@fbaezer,
Quote:
ROY AL
1. Gunnar Henderson
2. Masataka Yoshida
3. Josh Jung

ROY NL
1. Corbin Carroll
2. Matt McLain
3. Kodai Senga
good job, you're two for two ... both were unanimous...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2023 07:12 pm

Blake Snell (NL), Gerrit Cole (AL) win Cy Young Awards
(espn)
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2023 06:20 pm
3/4 for Region
(I also think Steele got snubbed)

6/6 for me, with only one trifecta.

Nice going!
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2023 06:37 pm
@fbaezer,

Ohtani (AL), Acuna Jr. (NL) named MVP in unanimous fashion
(espn)

you knocked it outta the park!

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2023 01:57 pm
F^ck the Dodgers!
To Dodgers Fans Everywhere, It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas With Reports Of Yamamoto Signing
Quote:
The Dodgers don’t just have two nickels to rub together. They have a treasure chest filled to the rusty hinges with gold doubloons. They showed us that when they signed superstar Shohei Ohtani for 10 years and $700 million almost two weeks ago.

So while I watched Brad Pitt as Billy Beane, squeezing an amazing 103 wins out of marginal players he’d signed on the cheap for the A's, the Dodgers reached into their treasure chest for doubloons that weren’t bound for Ohtani and rubbed ’em together like Aladdin’s lamp. And what should appear in a Dodger uniform but young Japanese superstar pitcher Yoshinobu Yamamoto, who according to news reports has signed a 12-year deal worth $325 million. (MLB.com is among the sites reporting the deal based on a source and says "The team has not confirmed the deal, which is pending a physical.")

If Ohtani was the most sought after free agent in baseball this offseason, Yamamoto was Number 2. He’s 25 years old. He’s been pitching for the Orix Buffaloes since he was 18. For the last three seasons, he’s been the best pitcher in Japan.

0 Replies