Good Grief, Aren't there any Moderates here?

squinney

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 08:37 am
So who was this masked crusader? Am I allowed to ask? Or, am I to be "Left" in the dark?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:03 pm
nimh wrote:
Lash wrote:
You seem a little Eurocentric in who is left and righ. There are other vantage points, which have me more centrist that you.

Where in the world except for America? Seriously. Can you name, say, three other countries in the world where the people would generally call you a centrist?

Europe is not any more left-oriented than most of Asia, Africa or Latin-America. The opposite, if anything. Only major country in the world I can think of where you'd be more "centrist" than me is America - and I dont even lay any claim to being centrist, myself. So the assertion of etnocentrism is a bit of a boomerang, here.

Lash wrote:
but I and others have noted a distinct change in the nimh of yore.

I think you can leave the "and others" bit out of there. Doublecheck with Georgeob1 for example. Personal grudge is more like it (you and Fox, probably).

Mexico, Brazil, Finland, Germany, some other Scandinavian countries, Australia... Criteria is so widely flung, a good argument could be made on several countries being right-er than the US--notably on immigration and xenophobic issues and free speech, China, Japan...(?), ... This would be a very good research topic.
It is odd that you think I don't know the difference in a personal grudge--which I do not harbor--and a notable change in your rhetoric.

And, I will include the 'and others bit' because it is applicable. I am aware many people are fond of you, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been a noticable change in your board persona. That's not meant as a negative thing--though I consider it negative. When I'm perfect, I'll pick at people's communication fluctuations. You are likely just freer to share your views. Maybe you became frustrated with most everyone else's lack of decorum and chose not to hold yourself to such a high standard any longer...or something similar. I certainly don't fault you. Even in your slippage, you're still one of the most disciplined posters--but you have become more partisan. Much more so..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:06 pm
Possible not more partisan, Lash. Just a different manner of expression. More bitter, and no pleasure to read.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:08 pm
Perhaps.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:11 pm
I've probably been a bad influence (but I doubt it)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:13 pm
Yes. About three or four of you Usual Suspect guys took a hard dip around the same time.

My cabal thinks blatham was the ringleader--and you were his first convert.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:14 pm
Needless to say, I was askance.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:14 pm
So do I. No dysrespect intended.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:16 pm
I think we're supposed to kidnap them and keep them in a hotel while we undo the brainwashing.

Works with moonies, I hear.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:42 pm
squinney wrote:
So who was this masked crusader? Am I allowed to ask? Or, am I to be "Left" in the dark?

Hmmmm, I just got an interesting email from Anon ;-)

I never even knew Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:45 pm
I thought Amigo was anon.

And, that trio of chuckleheads of which JTT is a fouling remnant, I know they are alters. Who are they? What was one....Micheal something....

Still looking for Tartarin ...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:50 pm
Hope he's doing well. Tell him Bear and I send hugs.

Maybe he would be interested in joining an ilk or cabal if he can't be here?

Lash - Now how did you go about forming a cabal? I'm trying to figure out now if I want to be an ilk or a cabalist. Which do you recommend?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:51 pm
Lash wrote:
Yes. About three or four of you Usual Suspect guys took a hard dip around the same time.

My cabal thinks blatham was the ringleader--and you were his first convert.

Interesting observation Lash, I usually find it fascinating how otheres see us compared to how we see ourselves. I would have suggested that I have had a bigger impact on Blatham than he on me, whereas I would have also offered that Thomas has had a bigger effect on me than anyone else on this board. I would also offer that the histrionics of persons like Foxfyre, Justwonders and a couple of the religious fruitcakes have done more to move me leftward than having been drawn in that direction by cohorts of liberal persuasion (few though they may be)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:58 pm
squinney wrote:
Hope he's doing well. Tell him Bear and I send hugs.

Maybe he would be interested in joining an ilk or cabal if he can't be here?

Lash - Now how did you go about forming a cabal? I'm trying to figure out now if I want to be an ilk or a cabalist. Which do you recommend?

I will surely send along your hugs to him. He mentioned you guys and I will relay your response to him :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 02:02 pm
Oh, just so you all know, Anon is the one who asked me to reveal here who he was ;-)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 02:02 pm
Well, dys. I admit my detective work was a bit splotchy. Blatham started calling JW a stupid name--and you started it soon after. Though I am completely down with your hierarchical totem pole, wherein the Cowboy trumps the Mountie, the shameless "JustGiggles" incident was instructive.

It was far too stupid for someone of your stature, so I assigned the schoolyard plan to the Mountie at that juncture.

Squinney-- I would be an Ilk and a Cabalist, were I you. Best of both worlds.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 02:11 pm
As long as I don't have to prick my finger. I've had enough with the pricking. ;o
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 02:17 pm
We don't like needles, either.

And, we have really glamourous hats and sexy gyration-y lap dance-like handshakes. It's quite something.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 02:33 pm
Quite a thread, this!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 03:30 pm
DrewDad wrote:
The middle is the new left.

The right is the new middle...
0 Replies