Good Grief, Aren't there any Moderates here?

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 05:58 pm
I don't think I've ever seen such enmity and polarization. Is there anyone here who hits somewhere in the middle, or is it a Right/Left, to the death struggle here all the time. I'm looking for some good interactions that don't have so much mutual hatred on them.

Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,901 • Replies: 291
No top replies

Lash

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 05:59 pm
Go away.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:00 pm
LOL!!

Maybe your question should have been more specific...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:01 pm
yeah really, go away!
0 Replies

Lash

LOL!!!

<gonna pee>
0 Replies

lastmoderate

Lash wrote:
Go away.

Now Lash, you know you just a big marshmellow under that hot tough veneer Smile
0 Replies

lastmoderate

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:03 pm
dyslexia wrote:
yeah really, go away!

Go ride a horse you hick Twisted Evil
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:03 pm
If I wanted to talk with another damn democrat, I'd just have to blow my brains out, moderates suck. Loading for conservatives as we speak bu the odd shot now and then hits a moderate. so it goes.
0 Replies

lastmoderate

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:06 pm
dyslexia wrote:
If I wanted to talk with another damn democrat, I'd just have to blow my brains out, moderates suck. Loading for conservatives as we speak bu the odd shot now and then hits a moderate. so it goes.

Who in their right mind lives in Wolf Hole, Arizona? Sounds like a hippie hangout.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:10 pm
Heh.

Well, I think of myself as moderate and I am more left than many in the US at the same time I have a toe into sort of libertarian.

A few years ago, Craven had a really good matrix for figuring out where people are; he was trying at the time to improve it. His point was that left right is old hat, that there is at least axial differentiation.

Too bad I don't have a link at hand, that was very interesting.

On if there are moderates here, sure. Lots of them. Not everybody is loud. Not all moderates are articulate, or if they are, want to engage politically. Some who are in the extremes are articulate, some not. Some in the extremes have been in their pasts at the other extreme...

I've been a fan of the center myself for a long time. My center, though, is probably to your left.

Stick around.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:10 pm
I am the sole resident of Wolf Hole Az and I carry a loaded winchester 30-30 at all times (I know how to use it)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:14 pm
I always like to think I'm in the middle and simply have a mind of my own, but people keep accusing me of being a liberal.

I personally don't like being labeled.

Usually when people call me a liberal, I just let it roll of my back, but if I'm in a bad mood and have PMS like I did yesterday, I might tell them to F*ck off, like I did a few times yesterday. Don't bother looking for the posts because they were instantly removed, lol.
0 Replies

lastmoderate

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:16 pm
Thank you Ossobuco. You're the first good guy I've met! Nah, Montana is great too!
0 Replies

lastmoderate

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:17 pm
Dyslexia, You have some land out in the boondocks?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:17 pm
Awww shucks! :-)
0 Replies

lastmoderate

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:19 pm
Speak of Montana and there she is. I think if you aren't an extremist one way or the other, you're in limbo here.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:19 pm
Whoa... Shocked

So, anydo.

I consider myself a moderate. I have many left-wing views that get me labeled a "liberal" by conservative acquaintances, yet I have some right-wing views that make even my closest liberal friends consider me the devil.

My partner and I are extremely involved in politics; we have a Moderate party in the works right now that will hopefully bring very balanced views to the political arena in a few years. It'll go by fast, we're working on it as much as possible. It seems like a far-fetched idea, but we both know that this country is in dire need of some neutral ground. We need to have someone who can sit down and listen to both sides without secretly gassing the one they don't particularly care for. We need understanding, un-bias politics and views (stand up for what you believe, no matter what party they're associated with), and loyalty to Americans - not money or political standing.

If it's not he (my partner) who will be leading us in this way one day, then eventually it will be someone else. I have my hopes set on this. Until then, I firmly believe that as long as we stick with the two-party system, our childish games of blue-team v. red-team will consistently stand in our way to work through conflictions and kinks in our country.

Of course, even a Moderate president will encounter his share of problems and no one will be without fault/mistake, but I do honestly believe that it will be a step up from the stark choices of black or white.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:23 pm
Also...

more complicatedly,

some of those who engage rather brutally are acquainted in real life and have a certain regard. Some of those who tend to agree with each other kick butt.

Some of us meet in non political threads and hurl other subjects around, say, like bbq.
0 Replies

lastmoderate

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:24 pm
Sanctuary wrote:
Whoa... Shocked

So, anydo.

I consider myself a moderate. I have many left-wing views that get me labeled a "liberal" by conservative aquaintances, yet I have some right-wing views that make even my closest liberal friends consider me the devil.

My partner and I are extremely involved in politics; we have a Moderate party in the works right now that will hopefully bring very balanced views to the political arena in a few years. It'll go by fast, we're working on it as much as possible. It seems like a far-fetched idea, but we both know that this country is in dire need of some neutral ground. We need to have someone who can sit down and listen to both sides without secretly gassing the one they don't particularly care for. We need understanding, un-bias politics and views (stand up for what you believe, no matter what party they're associated with), and loyalty to Americans - not money or political standing.

If it's not he (my partner) who will be leading us in this way one day, then eventually it will be someone else. I have my hopes set on this. Until then, I firmly believe that as long as we stick with the two-party system, our childish games of blue-team v. red-team will consistantly stand in our way to work through conflictions and kinks in our country.

Fantastic, a voice reaches out of the madness. I'd be interested in hearing about this party. Have you done a topic on it yet?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 06:26 pm
lastmoderate wrote:
Dyslexia, You have some land out in the boondocks?

Boondocks? This Wolf Hole is the locus Dei. There are enough cathedrals and temples and altars here for a Hindu pantheon of divinities. Each time I look up one of the secretive little side canyons I half expect to see not only the cottonwood tree rising over its tiny spring-the leafy god, the desert's liquid eye--but also a rainbow-colored corona of blazing light, pure spirit, pure being, pure disembodied intelligence, about to speak my name. If a man's imagination were not so weak, so easily tired, if his capacity for wonder not so limited, he would abandon forever such fantasies of the supernal. He would learn to perceive in water, leaves and silence more than sufficient of the absolute and marvelous, more than enough to console him for the loss of the ancient dreams.
0 Replies