Katrina-Bush and the political questions begin

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:05 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Men think with the opposite side of their brains than women do. That's scientific fact.

I doubt that this is a true statement, which is not to say that you willfully lie. However, what is the provenance of such a statement? Could you point us to the factual basis for such a statement?

In my experience, to posit from a basis upon which you have relied, many men, if not most, will act from emotion on any number of occasion. Go into any ethnic neighborhood, and start talkin' about their mommas.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:06 pm
emotional equipment
ossobuco wrote:
I think Momma said something about different brain structure fairly early.
However, I'm pretty tired of all this in this thread.. Could we have a separate thread on whether women should be in governmental office?

Why start another thread? In this thread, we are mired in the political questions that have been raised in the wake of the hurricane disaster.

If women are going to hold political offices that require them to effectively deal with man-made or natural disasters . . . we need to address the political question of whether women should be given this responsibility. According to Momma, MEN have the better emotional equipment (whatever that means) to hold public office.

We must deal with all the political questions that have been brought to our attention including the "emotional equipment" qualifications (men vs. women) to hold office.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:07 pm
Set
Momma Angel wrote:
Men think with the opposite side of their brains than women do. That's scientific fact. In my experience, men process things a bit more objectively more quickly than women do. IN MY EXPERIENCE, IN MY OPINION. NOT ALL MEN AND NOT ALL WOMEN! That's why, I say I must first gather all the information about someone I can and try to put aside my what is being called a sexist attitude, and look at the facts themselves.

Now, I realize I am opening myself up here for more criticism, but Set asked a question and deserved an honest answer.

Set, before you answer Momma, consider the testerone loaded male animal driven to doing stupid things from their teenage years until they are too old to take the risk.

Now you can answer Momma's question.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:08 pm
BBB Wrote:

Quote:
Osso, why waste space with such a stupid question. It would be Momma against almost all other A2K members. Not an even match.

Let's go water skiing instead. Or we could go shopping if you're not up to it. Perhaps we could pack your stuff for moving.

BBB

You know, I feel it is very rude to talk like I am not here. I am doing my best to treat you with dignity and respect and you continually put me and others down because we don't hold your same beliefs.

Osso, if you want to start that thread, I am more than willing to discuss it with you.

Personally, I would much rather deal with a testerone filled man than a PMSing woman, or woman going through menopause any day! I should know! I know how I was when I was PMSing and I know how I am when I don't take my hormone pills.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:13 pm
Momma
Momma, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to Osso in response to her post, which was not about you personally. You are not the center of my attention, darlin.

BBB
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:16 pm
Oh, so Osso asked you a stupid question?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:32 pm
BBB
Momma Angel wrote:
Oh, so Osso asked you a stupid question?

Osso does it all the time. It's a game we play to amuse ourselves when we get bored.

I think it's my turn to ask her the next stupid question.

Ready, Osso?

Why are testerone loaded males unfit for governing women?

BBB
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:50 pm
Re: Set
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Men think with the opposite side of their brains than women do. That's scientific fact. In my experience, men process things a bit more objectively more quickly than women do. IN MY EXPERIENCE, IN MY OPINION. NOT ALL MEN AND NOT ALL WOMEN! That's why, I say I must first gather all the information about someone I can and try to put aside my what is being called a sexist attitude, and look at the facts themselves.

Now, I realize I am opening myself up here for more criticism, but Set asked a question and deserved an honest answer.

Set, before you answer Momma, consider the testerone loaded male animal driven to doing stupid things from their teenage years until they are too old to take the risk.

Now you can answer Momma's question.

BBB :wink:

Should we consider the PMS loaded female animal driven to doing unpredictable things from thier pre menopausal years? Jusk asking. ;-)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:56 pm
Actually, women have larger connections between the two hemispheres of their brains and therefore use more of their brains when looking at situations or analyzing problems.

One scientist described it as women have a Swiss army knife and men having one large blade.

We womins are much better equipt.

Now, all you fella's on your knees!!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:59 pm
Intrepid,

Check the last paragraph of my last post! Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:02 pm
I think there are two opinions floating here on women's competence for governance. (I presume you all know mine.) I can see Debra's point that it fits in this thread. All the personal daggers are taking up a lot of the air, for me, but my tolerance may be low today (busy fighting mold on the homefront).

I don't now remember what ship Husker is talking about, have to review the pages, the Bataan? This link didn't work for me, Husker.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:05 pm
squinney wrote:
Actually, women have larger connections between the two hemispheres of their brains and therefore use more of their brains when looking at situations or analyzing problems.

One scientist described it as women have a Swiss army knife and men having one large blade.

We womins are much better equipt.

Now, all you fella's on your knees!!!

With that one large blade, us men can cut to the chase while the wimens with the Swiss army knife are still trying to figure out what each thingy does. Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:27 pm
You might not want to be around when I do a demo of what the thingies on my knife do, Intrepid.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:33 pm
ehBeth wrote:
You might not want to be around when I do a demo of what the thingies on my knife do, Intrepid.

Idea Perhaps you could demonstrate on Setanta for us Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:47 pm
He already knows.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:48 pm
That Miss Girl don't scare me . . . and you've just garnered another black mark in my little book, Intrepid . . .
0 Replies

Way Down Yonder

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:50 pm
You know dem dikes that broke down here in Nawlins' could be fixed real quick and stay fixed if they would let some capabale women handle it. New Orleans use to be full of Bull Dykes. Wonder where they are now when you be needin' some?

Don't laugh, I'ma making mo doggone sense dan ya'll are.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:52 pm
Set,

I learned in school that men think with one side of their brain and women think with the other. Well, do you think I could find one thing anywhere that said this? Heck no. So, I guess I have been out of school way too long.

So, my apologies for not being able to back that one up with anything. I wish I had my old science book. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:54 pm
Well, i'd give ya a piece of my mind, but according to many of the ladies here, i have precious little as it is, and i suspect none to spare.

Men act from emotional cause all the time. Advertisers and recruiting agents count on it, and they are not deceived.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:57 pm
Set,

Thanx for that. But, I don't happen to feel that you have precious little as it is. I think you are pretty darned smart!

I can't believe I cannot find even something that might say "it used to be thought...." I think I am just getting old! Laughing
0 Replies