Katrina-Bush and the political questions begin

McTag

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:12 pm
Thomas wrote:
blatham wrote:
So, nah, Lash's thing here isn't as you kindly suggest.

I'm sure she will shame you by posting many quotations of Bush admitting specific mistakes.

Bush could not recognise specific mistakes, nor specific successes.
So he could not admit them, or explain them.
Bush is a vacuum.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:33 pm
Shame on you Thomas. No one else has integrity left to shame, so they get off scot free.

It matters not whether I can produce additional Bush-admitted errors.

Blatham did not produce evidence of anything other than people saying they think Bush doesn't admit mistakes. Were I using this as "proof" against one of Blatham's sacred cows, he certainly wouldn't have it. Nor will I.

Why don't you produce an error of Bush's he should have apologized for?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:35 pm
This?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:39 pm
<cheshire cat>

Razz
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:40 pm
Or this?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:43 pm
You could be talking about this time...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:45 pm
Of course, everybody says this is the first one--but that's because of the lying liberal media and the idiots who believe them.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:49 pm
I'm frankly beginning to wonder how Bush found time to do anything amid all this apologizing.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:55 pm
In what can be described as a astronomical apology, Bush finds spare time to apologize for FDR!! What will he apologize for NEXT?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:58 pm
I never knew. Listening to the left on this site and others you would think he has done nothing but demand apologies from others.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 10:59 pm
You're damn straight.

That's why you can't believe anything they say.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 11:17 pm
Speaking of apologies, look what the cat dragged in...Blanco sneaks in under Bushie radar.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 11:24 pm
blatham wrote:
thomas wrote:
Quote:
Blatham, even if Iraq taught you nothing else, it should have taught you a healthy skepticism of unidentified sources who say exactly what you want to hear. I think what Lash is trying to do here is to instill some such skepticism in you.

Nah, healthy skepticism ain't really Lash's thing here. She's just playing goalie, "It did NOT go in the net, it hit the goalpost. I do NOT care what the fukkin instant replay is showin'."
The instant replay is showing what happened---a guy alleged something about Bush.

It did not go into the net. It is not a fact. It is opinion, conjecture, supposition.

So, nah, Lash's thing here isn't as you kindly suggest.
So, nah. You're wrong. Again.
Don't believe everything you hear--just because you're desperate to
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 11:30 pm
Our Bushie admits error. And, it wasn't even his fault!! How magnanimous. <nods>
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 11:33 pm

That might not count. He didn't get down on his knees and beg.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 11:36 pm
Looks at watch....taps foot....

Baldimo--

Yeah. No teary pleading to Blatham and Salon and Molly Ivins.

LOL!!!!

It just peeves me that they have the nerve to propagate that lie that he never apologizes.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 11:43 pm
Well, apologizing for FDR is not what I had in mind, but the other ones do look like admissions of errors to me. (A bit little, a bit late in the Iraq-related cases, but still, admissions.) Shamed yet, Blatham?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 05:43 am
Heh. Every once in a while, you gotta love Lash. I still stand by the overall assertion that Bush has, comparatively, shown an exceptional reluctance to face up to mistakes and take responsibility, but I'll never use the word "never" again in this context, thats for sure ;-)
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:10 am
Quote:
What will he apologize for NEXT?

Not, clearly, for anything related to himself or his decisions. "That old buck stops right there, folks, with them little people miles away from me, but let me tell ya how gosh dang sorry I am those other little people miles away fukked up on their watches, but dang it I am big enough to be talkin this way and 'polagizin for those other people miles away. Now hand me that driver."
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:24 am
Well, I'd have to say that apologizing for other peoples actions (Japanese boat sinking, girls hit by military personel, FDR) isn't exactly what people that say he never apologizes or admits mistakes had in mind. I'm pretty sure the assertion relates to admitting his OWN mistakes, taking responsibility and apologizing.

And, saying the intellegence was wrong (again, someone elses fault) and then continueing to justify his actions, isn't exactly an apology or admission of a mistake either. He passed the buck to the intelligence people.

Sending Scott to say the president apologizes may be an apology, but what would have been so hard about him saying it publicly himself? Can he? That's the question.

If my children do something wrong to you and I send my neighbor to say that I apologize, are you going to be satisfied that I'm sorry? Wouldn't you rather I show up with my children and make them apologize to you since they are the ones responsible?

What if I do something wrong to you, come to you and admit I made a mistake but then follow it with a bunch of justifications for why I did it and vow that I will continue doing that wrong to you? (Bush admits Iraq intelligence error) Are you going to feel satisfied that I'm sorry?

Remember after the election, there was a web site where people from all over the country posted pics of themselves holding signs apologizing to the world for the Bush re-election? They were apologizing for the people that voted for Bush. Does that mean Bush voters felt sorry or admitted a mistake?
0 Replies