whipped cream?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:42 pm
Sure...low fat.
0 Replies

hiama

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:44 pm
Slappy doo-its a machine you get stretched on-left over from medieval torture chambers
0 Replies

cjhsa

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:46 pm
Actually, those inversion boot machines can help you grow by stretching out your spine. I also found that when I play basketball regularly the stretching and jumping seems to make me taller. Not much, but a little.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:06 pm
Stretching your spine...now that sounds good for you.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:22 pm
Howz about one of them Lean Cuisines? Am I allowed? They really don't taste as nasty as they look, or maybe we Slovaks are extremely low maintenance. Me gym tomorrow 2pm. I will be the brave girl and chip in my part:
170 cm (no idea how much that is in those units of yours)
162 pounds
Ideal weight- in 3 months the latest: 135 pounds. Or 140. Depending on the muscle mass (was told to reduce my bicepses as I freak out my male counterpart)
0 Replies

sozobe

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:29 pm
Yeah, muscle mass'll get ya. I was a sprinter in high school, and would always beat those "guess your weight" people at fairs; they'd guess 100/110, I was really 125.

OK, that's incredibly pitiful to brag about fooling carnies, isn't it? Confused
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:30 pm
10 lbs a month is alot...don't concentrate solely on pounds. Get your bodyfat % tested, and shoot for a lower %...that's a better measuring stick. You've got to lift weights though, to do that.

Lean Cuisine? I practically live off of meal-in-a-bag...too lazy to cook. Only thing bad about them is they're high in sodium.

Don't listen to him...a little muscle is sexy on a female(veins popping out is too far though).
0 Replies

cjhsa

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:35 pm
Slappy, as you age you shrink because the cushions in your spine degrade. Hanging upside down can feel really good, and help relieve lots of spinal problems.

I used to be about an inch taller than my Dad when I was 18. Now I'm about five inches taller than he is.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:36 pm
I lift weights every day, for some 5 months now except for when I am sick. I am not worried about muscle mass, I have abundance of that and last time I was in this shape I must have been 17. And I was an active 17 year old - dancing, tap dancing, horseback riding, light athletics, etc... But see, I like living 'fully' too. I love food and sweets are what gets me most. Can't get rid of desperate chocolate and meat cravings. And potato cravings, believe it or not (the Slovak in me...) And one that hits, oh boy. Generally I am quite happy, I just could be happier, with myself. (And I got two pairs of bikini from Brazil that I do not dare to sport right now, but would love to...)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:45 pm
I never knew you could actually make yourself taller. I know hanging upside down feels good, but stretch your spine?

I love potatoes too...mashed potatoes, french fries...since I'm trying to gain a little weight, that stuff can slide sometimes. Hoo-yah!

I wish I had some brazillians with bikinis.
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 06:21 pm
Dag, don't forget the wine.... can't live without the wine. Though you did do a very good job of it for a few weeks.
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 06:24 pm
Ok, I weighed myself. Almost never do, now I'm depressed. I weigh 141 lbs. I'm 5'5". I tend towards an athletic build. So, I'd like to get to my more normal 135 lbs. By when? I dunno, I'll give myself a month. Now watch as I proceed to do nothing towards that aim......
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 06:27 pm
Yup, except for this weekend when I went to two parties and was served a gallon of Negrones. One would be about, let's see, some 300 calories maybe. oh my god, i won't eat for a week!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 06:30 pm
wow, I just realized I only need to lose 6 lbs - that's nothing!
0 Replies

Diane

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 06:47 pm
Gautam, honey, I'd let you rip my fingernails out before I'd tell you how much I weigh!

I'm at a disadvantage in this group since I'm 60 yrs old, but I have lost 20 pounds since January, with 25 more to go, on a sort of modified Atkins diet. One other thing: I've gone through menoapause which lowers a woman's metabolism drastically and which caused me to balloon. Twenty years ago, if I had eaten what I eat now, I would have lost at least 40 pounds--no exaggeration.

At only 5'1," (used to be 5'2") that inversion machine sounds great. Being short makes the extra weight look even worse, but losing it shows right away.

I hope we get to edit the pictures taken at the Florida gathering--I'm regretting not having lost those last 25 pounds. I'll be easy to spot--the short, round one.

You all have inspired me to join a gym. Pumping iron will do me good. Watch out, Arnold. I'll be back...
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 06:49 pm
Don't let Diane mislead you, she's quite stunning!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 07:02 pm
I notice that when I swim regularly I feel, and look taller, more stretched. Maybe it's just that I carry myself better then. A friend and I are trying to find a decent community pool with sensible lane swim times, so we can start up again. I'm not going to obsess about pounds, but I am going to obsess about my target dress. I'd just achieved my target of wearing it when 9-11 happened and I started to eat and eat and eat, and ate my way out of the dress. I've lost some of the weight, but the muscle tone isn't all back, and that dress needs muscle tone.

Putting away the white chocolate, macadamia nut cookies and getting the strawberries out of the fridge. <sigh>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 07:04 pm
Oh yeah, the other good thing about swimming - the perky bits get re-perkified. I can always tell where my friend's husband is looking when he says, "oh. you've been swimming again."
0 Replies

littlek

Mon 31 Mar, 2003 07:06 pm
I'm with you on that Beth. Can't afford to buy new pants, need my old ones back. I can zip them, but it's not attractive when I do. So.... I need my size 8/10 back. Just one size, really. Shouldn't be too hard to do.
0 Replies