Where Are All The W.M.D.s?

Booman

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:11 pm
Tartarin,
...Iran, or Syria probably needs "freeing" before those countries you mentioned. They have oil. I don't know about Cuba, does Dubya' REALLY love cigars?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:11 pm
It ain't NK, but Iraq. This administration is making the same claims for Iran that they did for Iraq; WMDs and al Qaida connection. What was the next step again? c.i.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:13 pm
Got to have at least one still shooting during the election.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:17 pm
The big problem is we have two still shooting it out. c.i.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:19 pm
Course, we also don't want to take on Joe Ching because he has a large, well-equipped army, which would put up a serious fight in nightmare operational terrain.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 11:20 pm
Well, the Washington Post reports tady

Quote:
"Iraq had a weapons program," Bush said yesterday after a meeting of his Cabinet, the first time the body had met since the war started. "Intelligence throughout the decade showed they had a weapons program. I am absolutely convinced with time we'll find out that they did have a weapons program."

Even in making that stout defense, though, Bush appeared to redefine the accusations being made about his administration's use of intelligence in rallying support for an attack on Iraq. Nobody disputes that Hussein had weapons programs at one point. At issue is whether Iraq pursued such programs after inspectors left in 1998 and whether Hussein continued to possess such weapons in quantities to threaten the United States.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:36 am
Walter:

Page back once to see my response to this re-parsing of the words.

And now for the picture that speaks a thousand:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/articles/03/06/10_wmd.jpg

As we say down here; "Somebody let th' ar outta his tars."
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:46 am
We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat. - Donald Rumsfeld, March 30, 2003

They may have had time to destroy them, and I don't know the answer. - Donald Rumsfeld, May 27, 2003

Quote:
Whoa! What was that? Maybe Saddam destroyed the WMDs before we got there? Isn't that what Saddam claimed all along? So Slimeball Saddam was telling the truth and Shrub was lying? The irony of the administration asking for more time to find the WMDs when it denied that time to the UN inspectors would be delicious if it were not for the disgraceful nature of all those lies.

The frustrating thing about these lies is not that they were so easily disproved, but that the administration kept on telling the same lies after they were exposed and that the American corporate-controlled media continued to repeat them virtually unchallenged.

The administration's propaganda strategy appears to be based on the idea that the American public is ignorant, uninformed, apathetic, and incapable of remembering last month's propaganda. That's just plain insulting. On the other hand, if they get away with it - they'll be right.

WMD: Before and After
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:53 am
I have a hard time respecting average voters' deductive skills, which is a shame, because they are the key to victory in every election.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 08:44 am
Turn this over to the National Enquirer. They have found the Ark Of The Covenant, Alien Remains, Satan in the face of Mt. St. Helens...they'll find the weapons if they're there.......
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 08:45 am
Turn this over to the National Enquirer. They have found the Ark Of The Covenant, Alien Remains, Satan in the face of Mt. St. Helens...they'll find the weapons if they're there.......
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 09:03 am
Quote:
OfficialPoll: George W. Bush should be impeached
Lying about the reason for a war is an impeachable offence

Washington, D.C. -- (OfficialSpin.com) -- 11/06/03 -- Just a few days after first publishing its Poll, with the question: "Should Bush be impeached?", OfficialPoll reports that a staggering 94.7% of those polled, say "Yes", the president of the United States of American should be impeached for what appear to be untrue statements to the U.S. Congress and the American people.

It is a violation of federal criminal law, including the broad federal anti-conspiracy statute, which renders it a felony "to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose." Manipulation or deliberate misuse of national security intelligence data, if proven, could be "a high crime" under the Constitution's impeachment clause.

For the record, Bush's statements, in chronological order, were:

"Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons." -- United Nations address, September 12, 2002

"Iraq has stockpiled biological and chemical weapons, and is rebuilding the facilities used to make more of those weapons."

"We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have." -- Radio address, October 5, 2002

"The Iraqi regime . . . possesses and produces chemical and biological weapons. It is seeking nuclear weapons."

"We know that the regime has produced thousands of tons of chemical agents, including mustard gas, sarin nerve gas, VX nerve gas."

"We've also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We're concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVS for missions targeting the United States."

"The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program. Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahideen" -- his nuclear holy warriors. Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past. Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminium tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons." -- Cincinnati, Ohio speech, October 7, 2002

"Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent." -- State of the Union Address, January 28, 2003

"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised." -- Address to the nation, March 17, 2003

Bush's let-me-mince-no-words delivery was convincing to many Americans. However, the rest of the world, and many other Americans, doubted them.

Now, we know the truth and Americans must take the appropriate action.

OfficialPoll: George W. Bush should be impeached - Lying about the reason for a war is an impeachable offence
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 09:09 am
I just posted this on anther other forum, but is appropriate here as well:

Hans Blix Accuses U.S. of Smear Campaign
2 hours, 10 minutes ago

LONDON - Chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix accused U.S. officials of mounting a smear campaign against him in a new interview published Wednesday.

The normally cool Swede, who is due to retire from his U.N. post at the end of the month, also said U.S. officials pressured him to use more damning language when reporting on Iraq alleged weapons programs.

"By and large my relations with the U.S. were good," Blix was quoted as saying in London's Guardian newspaper. "But toward the end the (Bush) administration leaned on us." ...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 09:12 am
This group makes The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight look like sharpshooters.

They have absolutely no pride -- and obviously think they can fool all the people all of the time. Sounds to me that they have fooled an awful lot of people -- at least for the short run. I hope enough come to their senses in time for the next presidential election.

The thing George Dubya needs most right now -- is retirement.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 09:14 am
GreenEyes

As said on the other thread, I've started one about that subject 9 hours ago:BLIX BLASTS US 'BASTARDS'
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 09:19 am
Got it on other thread Walter... thanks! Again, sorry I didn't see it.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 06:00 pm
Yahoo! News

Compare with:

"We've interviewed a fraction of the people who were involved. We've gone to a fraction of the sites. We've gone through a fraction of thousands and thousands and thousands of documents about this program," National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice said Sunday.

When they find Amelia Earhart and Jimmy Hoffa, you'll know they're getting close . . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

What intelligence? That's a laugh. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

PDiddie

McGentrix, could you please provide the links for the material you're contributing? Thanks.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Yes, see post.
0 Replies