Where Are All The W.M.D.s?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 02:31 pm
It no longer matters about the WMD's because enough American citizens no longer give a **** why he blew Iraq off the map as long as he did to re elect him.

that's really all that matters to them isn't it.

Vote Bush out or lower your expectations. Our fellow citizens are on his team, more's the shame and pity.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 02:38 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie started a thread on "Is lying an impeachable offense?" It's there, and it's here:

CNN Law Center
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 02:56 pm
It would seem that lying is impeachable over sex but not war.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 04:37 pm
Didn't you guys see Powell showing them to the Security Council in the UN? Didn't you read, during the war, about all the possible locations for W.M.D.s? Saddam was so ruthless, he camuflaged them to fool the world.

All the US government needs is some time -maybe a few months, perhaps a year, possible a decade- to find them and show them, but this Hans Blix fellow is always in a hurry.

Bi-Polar Bear, don't you know that sex is baaaaad and war is goooood? GWB lied for a grand cause that will put him in History with a capital H, Clinton lied to cover a horrid lusty sin.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:06 pm
I'll take the blow job, sir. Very Happy :wink:
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:20 pm
<In my best English accent> "Please sir, can I have some more blowjob?"

Razz Twisted Evil
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:22 pm
"Thank you, ma'am; may I have another?"
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:24 pm
You guys! Honestly!

Well, okay, wait a minute while I look at my Day Runner...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:28 pm
LOL! If I was a guy I'd be right there in line. I'm tempted to grow one for the occation ;-)
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:39 pm
I'm with you girls on this one!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:01 pm
give Bill a break you repubs "Eatin' ain't cheatin' "
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:21 pm
1) The master intelligence list turned up 230 sites with no WMD's.
2) Yet we know WMD's exist because our intelligence indicates they exist.

Our faith in intelligence... the entire sacred holey concept... "Our intelligence shows it, therefore it is a fact!"
Isn't it a little strange? Do we have the intelligence or don't we?

----------
From U.S. Hunt for Iraqi Banned Weapons Slows:
BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. military units assigned to track down Iraqi weapons of mass destruction have run out of places to look and are getting time off or being assigned to other duties, even as pressure mounts on President Bush to explain why no banned arms have been found.
[...]
The slowdown comes after checks of more than 230 sites - drawn from a master intelligence list compiled before the war - turned up none of the chemical or biological weapons the Bush administration said it went after Saddam Hussein to destroy.

Still, President Bush insisted Monday that Baghdad had a program to make weapons of mass destruction. "Intelligence throughout the decade shows they had a weapons program. I am absolutely convinced that with time, we'll find out they did have a weapons program," he said.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:33 pm
With the credibility they've built up over the past couple of years, I wonder who's going to believe in our intelligence in the future? I would guess that the UK, Italy, Spain, and Australia will not be following the US's lead any time soon. c.i.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:41 pm
These guys looking for WMD's are amateurs. Turn the search over to the NYPD, They know how to "discover" weopons. :wink:
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 06:58 pm
CodeBorg wrote:
Still, President Bush insisted Monday that Baghdad had a program to make weapons of mass destruction. "Intelligence throughout the decade shows they had a weapons program. I am absolutely convinced that with time, we'll find out they did have a weapons program," he said.

Notice how he has now revised his lie.

They can call a boiler at a bakery or a centrifuge at a university a 'weapons program' with this new phrase.

At this point I have come to the realization that it does not matter whether we find WMD's or not.

The point is that the Bush administration flagrantly overstated the case based on the evidence available to them for political reasons. If they find WMDs now it'll be because a) they planted them or b) they got lucky.

The main thing to remember is that the claims that Bush et al. made about what they KNEW Saddam Hussein had were false--and that the intelligence that was guiding the search for WMDs after the invasion has turned out to be a load of horseshit.

For instance, if Bush were to get up in a SOTU address and say, "I KNOW that PDiddie hates my sorry ass," but then the intelligence community says, "Dude, we told you in that huge classified report we prepared that there is NO evidence whatsoever that the PDiddie hates your sorry ass, but you wouldn't listen to us, oh no, you would only listen to the four horsemen of the PNAC who made up that totally bogus article called 'How Do I Hate Dubya's Sorry Ass: Let Me Count The Ways' that you went around quoting," then Dubya was telling a flat-assed LIE (even though I do in fact hate his sorry ass pretty bad).

I don't believe they'll find WMDs now, unless they plant them. But at any rate, the point is that Bush et al. could not support the truth of the claims they were making based on the available intelligence.

And they knew that.

And so did we, and so did the rest of the world.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:08 pm
I've been sitting here wondering when they decide to plant them. It should be soon since people are actually starting to open their eyes. Can't let that happen.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:14 pm
The WMDs are hidden so well, I wonder if the Iraqi's know where they hid them? Wink c .i.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:17 pm
Booman has it down pat, the NYPD can find weapons where they exist or not. btw the phrase last week from the shrub was "weapons of mass murder" what will it be next week? should we take a poll?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:20 pm
I'm in for a poll ;-)
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:01 pm
I love Booman's theory.

Have you noticed the same pattern as in the build-up to the Iraq invasion is occurring re N. Korea? And that Powell today told the OAS he wants democracy in Cuba? How many more countries will we have invaded by, say, next Christmas?
0 Replies