Where Are All The W.M.D.s?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 04:32 pm
They still haven't learned the simple truth: attempting to hide is worse than what they're trying to hide. c.i.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 04:36 pm
How many times have we said that about an administration during the past 36 years?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 04:39 pm
Blair concedes on WMD issue, will admit "mistakes"

http://www.observer.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12239,973116,00.html
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 04:48 pm
wow.
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:04 pm
Double WOW!
0 Replies

Scipio

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:10 pm
We win: http://rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_060503/content/truth_detector.guest.html

And by the way,

WE HAVEN'T FOUND SADDAM HUSSEIN YET, DOES THAT MEAN HE DOESN'T EXIST?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:39 pm
Please don't scream...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:43 pm
Yes, please do not scream. It's not necessary. c.i.
0 Replies

Scipio

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:52 pm
I really believe that wasting two whole lines of a popost lines (Pdiddie's then CI's) and forcing me to defend myself, the third, wastes much more space than me making a point which desperately needs to be made. That's just me though.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:54 pm
Naw, I disagree - when you scream, all anyone notices is that you're screaming, and whatever your "point" is, becomes secondary.

Please don't scream.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 05:54 pm
It's not about space. It's about internet manners. But nevermind.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 06:14 pm
Scipio wrote:
I really believe that wasting two whole lines of a popost lines (Pdiddie's then CI's) and forcing me to defend myself, the third, wastes much more space than me making a point which desperately needs to be made. That's just me though.

Scipio, get used to it. Many of those that lean to the left on this board write just to see thier names on the screen. Also, be sure that you never generalize about the liberals here either, as some get upset about it. Also, prepare to have your words dissected without having the meaning discussed at all. Many points that some people make either get ignored, disregarded, or "scrolled" through.

Don't let it upset you though. There are some that will read and actuallt respond to what you are saying. It almost makes it worth it...
0 Replies

Scipio

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 06:27 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Scipio wrote:

Scipio, get used to it. Many of those that lean to the left on this board write just to see thier names on the screen. Also, be sure that you never generalize about the liberals here either, as some get upset about it. Also, prepare to have your words dissected without having the meaning discussed at all. Many points that some people make either get ignored, disregarded, or "scrolled" through.

Don't let it upset you though. There are some that will read and actuallt respond to what you are saying. It almost makes it worth it...

Seriously McG. I honestly can't believe what just happened. Not at all. And this is supposed to be a place where enlightened discussions take place, not insult fests COUGHcravenCOUGH? Thanks for the headsup, though. So, lets just see what's just happened: I made a valid point, very valid, but you all chose to voice your concern about the way I coded it. So instead of PMing me or something, you decided to all be Mrs. Granny Nitpicks and point that out on the forums instead of talking about the issue at hand.

After all, the size option IS THERE for a reason isn't it? Please, someone answer that question.

Why argue my point when I can teach someone "internet manners" instead? Why say, "No, scipio, Saddam and WMD is different because..." when I can just say that he did something wrong. Silly Conservative!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 06:35 pm
Scipio, What you shouted is universally known. Pica print would have sufficed. c.i.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 06:48 pm
Scipio,

We all heard it when Rummy used it. Your "very valid point" is old news and was not why people asked you to use a decent size font.

Of course some take this as a chance to complain about politucs. It's not really politics, just manners.

I have long considered removing the large font BB code from the forums.

See here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=163679#163679
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 06:54 pm
Scipio wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Scipio wrote:

Seriously McG. I honestly can't believe what just happened. Not at all. And this is supposed to be a place where enlightened discussions take place, not insult fests COUGHcravenCOUGH? Thanks for the headsup, though. So, lets just see what's just happened: I made a valid point, very valid, but you all chose to voice your concern about the way I coded it. So instead of PMing me or something, you decided to all be Mrs. Granny Nitpicks and point that out on the forums instead of talking about the issue at hand.

After all, the size option IS THERE for a reason isn't it? Please, someone answer that question.

Why argue my point when I can teach someone "internet manners" instead? Why say, "No, scipio, Saddam and WMD is different because..." when I can just say that he did something wrong. Silly Conservative!

Actually, of all the regulars here, Craven is probably the only who will actually discuss a point without too much ad hominem.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 07:18 pm
...I hate to interupt the protocol disscussion but I can't contain myself on this WMD matter any longer.
...On Meet The Press, this morning, Tim Russert, asked Condaleeza Rice, was it posible the world had been mislead, by the Bush administration. She started babbling about revisionist history; infering that they were only repeating what a multitude of inspectors, and intelligence sources had informed them of.
...O-o-kay....I was futilely screaming at my TV screen for Mr. Russert to ask the following question: How could a government, firmly entrenched and fuctioning, be busted so many times, hiding WMD's, suddenly beome so adept at hiding ALL evidence, of the WMD's, while being bombed to smithereens? Shocked And God forbid he should ask why they chose to hide them, instead of using them while fighting for their lives!...DUH!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 07:58 pm
Would it make anyone feel better if they had used them? I think that they didn't because we wouldn't be having these country splitting discussions that we are if they did. Which makes the US look worse, defending a losing cause or hiding the reason for the war?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 08:10 pm
Yes, that must be it, Mc...

"Let's hide our weapons so well that the Americans do not find them. We make Boosh look bad and bring the world to our side!"

Yeah, that had to be the logic.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2003 08:19 pm
McGent, The Bush administration played with "what if" very loosely, and got thousands killed. Your "what if" scenario leads us nowhere. c.i.
0 Replies