Sheehan shirking taxes why again?

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 10:30 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Again, if these folks don't like people shooting guns on their own property, a perfectly legal activity, they should get the hell out of Texas and back their habitat in San Francisco.

His subsequent statements ("dove-hunting season"), made it clear that he was doing it to intimidate.

I never said what he did wasn't legal. I did say that he did it in an attempt to intimidate. The Right has a history of intimidating by violence.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 10:58 pm
Chrissee wrote:
When are you going to provide me with a link to the source of the "transcript."

Ticomaya wrote:
You are helpless, aren't you? Go back to the post and hover your cursor over the transcript's title.

I can't believe I had to explain that.

Well, then, it is about time that something was explained to you.

When the link is put on a single word in the middle of a sentence, it becomes apparent that it is a link-that is because it is the only word written in blue, so there has to be something different about it. Similarly, when an excerpt is followed by "Source" written in blue, a link is apparent.

However, when the title of an excerpt is written in blue, the fact that it is a link is NOT apparent. Titles are designed to look different from the article that follows; that's why titles are usually printed in larger type and in boldface. Having the title in a different color strikes the reader as just another way of making the title stand out. A title in blue does not strike the reader as meaning "link", the way a single blue word in the middle of sentence would.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:23 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Again, if these folks don't like people shooting guns on their own property, a perfectly legal activity, they should get the hell out of Texas and back their habitat in San Francisco.

His subsequent statements ("dove-hunting season"), made it clear that he was doing it to intimidate.

I never said what he did wasn't legal. I did say that he did it in an attempt to intimidate. The Right has a history of intimidating by violence.

And the Left has a history of complaining about everything.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:31 am
kelticwizard wrote:
Chrissee wrote:
When are you going to provide me with a link to the source of the "transcript."

Ticomaya wrote:
You are helpless, aren't you? Go back to the post and hover your cursor over the transcript's title.

I can't believe I had to explain that.

Well, then, it is about time that something was explained to you.

When the link is put on a single word in the middle of a sentence, it becomes apparent that it is a link-that is because it is the only word written in blue, so there has to be something different about it. Similarly, when an excerpt is followed by "Source" written in blue, a link is apparent.

However, when the title of an excerpt is written in blue, the fact that it is a link is NOT apparent. Titles are designed to look different from the article that follows; that's why titles are usually printed in larger type and in boldface. Having the title in a different color strikes the reader as just another way of making the title stand out.

Well, KW, when I post an article, the link is usually in the title. It is a larger typeface, and is blue in color. Those that haven't figured that out usually ask questions, and are then directed to click on the title for the link. I've never (until 4 days ago) seen a poster repeatedly demand I supply a link that was provided in the first instance.

In Chrissee's case, I repeatedly told her where to find the link. I'm not sure she ever did find it. She might have followed the advice she usually gives others and "googled" it.

KW wrote:
A title in blue does not strike the reader as meaning "link", the way a single blue word in the middle of sentence would.

It should.

--

BTW, I assume you saw this:

[URL=http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1523392#1523392]TICO[/URL] wrote:
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
For christ sakes... here is the damn link:

http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/Articles/Stewartrally.htm

Laughing

On the "Angry mother.... "thread, Chrissee DEMANDED to know the link to the TRANSCRIPT I POSTED. 3 minutes after that first request, I told her I'd provided a link. 5 minutes later she repeated her demand on this thread.

Now she says:

Quote:
I don't even know where the transcript is

As if she didn't know what she was referring to when she made her first DEMAND? Bizarre.

But what's really bizarre about Chrissee's demonstrative demands to be told the link was that she had posted link herself IN THIS VERY THREAD.

Note: That post has lots of links in the middle of sentences in blue (some with capital letters too!).

--

I've noticed that there is very often a fine line between helplessly clueless and intentionally obtuse. It's sometimes difficult to distinguish between the two.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:39 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Note: That post has lots of links in the middle of sentences in blue (some with capital letters too!).

--

I've noticed that there is very often a fine line between helplessly clueless and intentionally obtuse. It's sometimes difficult to distinguish between the two.

Very Happy Laughing

Tico, you really must like hitting your head against the wall.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:50 am
tico, how do you get both the size and link tags to work?

I always get an error when I do it; either one or the other works, but not both.

I've always enjoyed your style of linking in the title and would like to emulate it.

Cycloptichorn

see, I'm not hopeless
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:51 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

--

Very Happy Laughing

Tico, you really must like hitting your head against the wall.

Yes ... and you know why.

Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:01 am
[URL=http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1530031#1530031]Cyclops[/URL] wrote:
tico, how do you get both the size and link tags to work?

I always get an error when I do it; either one or the other works, but not both.

I've always enjoyed your style of linking in the title and would like to emulate it.

Cycloptichorn

see, I'm not hopeless

Highlight the title after you've inserted it in the URL tags, then change the size (just as you did by adding "Italics" in your small text above). Always works for me.

You can also do that type of linking in the "quote" line. See your quote above as an example.

I've never claimed you were.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:04 am
Ticomaya wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

So who would you rather live next door to? The family who yells at you from across the fence that your dog **** in their yard, or the ones who sit in their yard with a shotgun and a hunting knife, waiting for it to come onto their property again?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:04 am
Sweet, thanks!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:14 am
kickycan wrote:
So who would you rather live next door to? The family who yells at you from across the fence that your dog **** in their yard, or the ones who sit in their yard with a shotgun and a hunting knife, waiting for it to come onto their property again?

Are you serious? Clearly the latter. Who needs a watchdog with a neighbor like that?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:16 am
Heeheehee...yeah, it would sure keep those damned filthy hippies away, at least.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 10:22 am
kickycan wrote:
Heeheehee...yeah, it would sure keep those damned filthy hippies away, at least.

Yep. That would help me sleep better at night.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 06:32 pm
kickycan wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
kelticwizard wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

If they kill my dog for shitting in their yard then that is my fault isn't it? I would rather have a neighbor like that then one that does nothing but complain.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 11:29 am
Baldimo wrote:
If they kill my dog for shitting in their yard then that is my fault isn't it? I would rather have a neighbor like that then one that does nothing but complain.

killing your dog for squatting in their yard sure sounds like complaining to me.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 04:07 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

killing your dog for squatting in their yard sure sounds like complaining to me.

There is a difference between complaining and taking control of a situation. The neighbor by killing my dog is taking control of a situation. It stops the dog from shitting in his yard. Now I would be the one complaining when the dog was dead. Large difference.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 04:20 pm
Exactly. Hard to believe how many lefties don't understand that simple concept.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:02 pm
cjhsa wrote:

you mean the concept of "swatting a fly with a bazooka" ?

yeah, that's a simple concept.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:06 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

you mean the concept of "swatting a fly with a bazooka" ?

yeah, that's a simple concept.

have you ever shot a shotgun before? You do know that they have different size of shot for shot guns?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:24 pm
Quote:
Cindy: Terrorists 'freedom fighters'
Sheehan's comment to CBS, others seems to have evaporated in news coverage
Posted: August 23, 2005
10:30 p.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Cindy Sheehan, the so-called Peace Mom seeking a second meeting with President Bush in connection with the Iraq War death of her son, says terrorists killing Americans are "freedom fighters."

She made the remark during her trek earlier this month to Crawford, Texas; but her equating the enemy with freedom fighters has not been highlighted by the mainstream media, despite her telling it directly to a reporter for CBS News.

Sheehan's comments were recorded on video by Veterans for Peace, a group pushing for Bush's impeachment. (
Editor's note: The video of Cindy Sheehan is approximately 30 minutes long, and requires several minutes to load, even with a high-speed connection.)

"You know that the president says Iraq is the central front in the war on terrorism, don't you believe that?" asked Mark Knoller of CBS, surrounded by a host of other reporters.

"No, because it's not true," Sheehan replied. "You know Iraq was no threat to the United States of America until we invaded. I mean they're not even a threat to the United States of America. Iraq was not involved in 9-11, Iraq was not a terrorist state. But now that we have decimated the country, the borders are open, freedom fighters from other countries are going in, and they [American troops] have created more terrorism by going to an Islamic country, devastating the country and killing innocent people in that country. The terrorism is growing and people who never thought of being car bombers or suicide bombers are now doing it because they want the United States of America out of their country."

A WorldNetDaily search of CBS News, Google News, and Lexis-Nexis archives found not a single news report mentioning Sheehan's "freedom fighters" remark.

"The question of whether or not we should be in Iraq is not relevant in this discussion," Fred Keller of Clearwater, Fla., told WND. "We're there and have troops in the field under fire and these people are aiding and abetting the enemy."

"What's her problem then?" asked one messageboard poster on FreeRepublic.com. "Her son was killed by a 'freedom fighter.' She should be proud."

Sheehan also called for the immediate withdrawal of all American troops, characterizing the ongoing conflict in Iraq as a "travesty."

"It's a monstrosity," she said. "It was based on lies, and since it was based on lies, why are people still dying every day for lies? That's what they're dying for. And as soon as we get them out of the country, the insurgency will go down. They might have a little bit of trouble at first, but you know every Iraqi tells me, 'We're a civilization that has been around for thousands of years. We can handle our own problems.'"

Sheehan referred to her son, Casey, not as a war hero, but rather a war victim.

"If I was thinking straight, which I wasn't, I never would have allowed a military funeral, and I wouldn't have buried him in his uniform," Sheehan said. "I just basically stayed sitting on my couch, crying and drinking for a week."

Sheehan left Texas last week to care for her 74-year-old mother who had a stroke. She's expected to return soon to Crawford, where anti-war activists/entertainers such as singer Joan Baez and Margot Kidder, best known for her role as Lois Lane in "Superman," have been making headlines.

Kidder, a Canadian who has lived in Montana for 34 years, became a U.S. citizen last week so she could protest the Iraq War without being deported to Canada.

President Bush, meanwhile, is slated to spend two hours tomorrow with families of other slain soldiers.

"Well, I did meet with Cindy Sheehan," Bush said, referring to his meeting with the entire Sheehan family last June at Fort Lewis, Wash. "I strongly support her right to protest. There's a lot of people protesting. And there's a lot of points of view about the Iraq war."

"She expressed her opinion. I disagree with it," he added, noting Sheehan's pullout philosophy. "I think immediate withdrawal from Iraq would be a mistake. I think those who advocate immediate withdrawal from not only Iraq but the Middle East would be - are advocating a policy that would weaken the United States. So I appreciate her right to protest. I understand her anguish. I met with a lot of families. She doesn't represent the view of a lot of the families I have met with. And I'll continue to meet with families."
0 Replies