Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:29 pm
http://www.bartcop.com/bush_T_logic.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 10:28 pm
Baldimo wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
If they kill my dog for shitting in their yard then that is my fault isn't it? I would rather have a neighbor like that then one that does nothing but complain.

killing your dog for squatting in their yard sure sounds like complaining to me.

There is a difference between complaining and taking control of a situation. The neighbor by killing my dog is taking control of a situation. It stops the dog from shitting in his yard. Now I would be the one complaining when the dog was dead. Large difference.

This is the most idiotic thing I've read all day. Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 10:37 pm
Dog shits in my lawn, I go after the owner first, the dog second.

Problem solved.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 05:06 am
Leave the dog alone, it's only taking a crap. Go for the stupid owner.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 12:21 pm
some of you guys really see a dog crappin' in your yard as a life altering experience, don't ya ?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 12:28 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Dog shits in my lawn, I go after the owner first, the dog second.

Problem solved.

What's wrong with cleaning up the ****. Negotiate with the owner. Forgive the dog?
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 12:33 pm
dogs are domesticated animals and dont know any better. i would pick up the poo, and put it on the owners lawn. why punish the dog, it has no idea it isn't supposed to poo on your lawn...sheesh.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 12:50 pm
That's why there are leash laws. You can assume the owner was walking it.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 12:52 pm
Assumptions can get people killed.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:03 pm
Dogs too.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:07 pm
cjhsa wrote:
That's why there are leash laws. You can assume the owner was walking it.

true but in some cases dog owners are irresponsible. i still don't see how anyone could blame the dog.

1. it isn't his fault his owner is irresponsible enough to either let him run wild with no leash, or not pick up his poop (i do this almost every morning with my dog, i don't leave his poop anywhere, pick it up and put in my trash can).

2. the dog has absolutely no idea it is wrong to poop on your lawn. he can't even comprehend it. dogs drop trough when they need to where they need to. it is the owner's responsibility to make sure it isn't anywhere it shouldn't be.

i guess i am half agreeing with you, go after the owner. better yet, put the poo in a paper bag set it on their porch, light it and ring the doorbell Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:10 pm
Was the dog shirking it's tax obligation?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:11 pm
I say take the crap, put in a cake box, and leave it on your neighbor's front porch!

I love that the whole Cindy Sheehan debate in this thread has turned into an argument about what the proper etiquette is when a neighbor's dog shits in your yard.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:13 pm
kickycan wrote:
I say take the crap, put in a cake box, and leave it on your neighbor's front porch!

I love that the whole Cindy Sheehan debate in this thread has turned into an argument about what the proper etiquette is when a neighbor's dog shits in your yard.

i was just thinking that kicky!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:14 pm
I think you're missing the point Kicky.....
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:08 pm
cjhsa wrote:

yeah, kicky, you're missing the point.

the point is to derail the thread. so as not to disappoint, here's my final thought on the hot button issue of malvolent dog pooping...

if my neighbor were to shoot my dog for the simple transgression of leaving a pile in his yard, my good neighbor would be on the receiving end of a lot more than a complaint from me.

aside from it being plain wrong, only a total pussy would shoot a dog for that.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:10 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
aside from it being plain wrong, only a total pussy would shoot a dog for that.

or a complete lunatic...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:18 pm
Wow, I can't believe no one gets this....

...or maybe I can.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 10:35 pm
cjhsa wrote:

Ha! Yeah, it's ME, the one who STARTED the whole neighbor/dog **** scenario that's missing the point. Laughing

Carry on.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:22 am
Okay, back on topic (sort of). Let's hear about the massive PR machine backing Momma Sheehan. Shouldn't all you liberals who are always snarking on the Republicans when they engage in PR efforts be outraged at this?

Quote:
PR Machine Behind Cindy Sheehan?
ABC7 Looks At The Financing Of 'Camp Casey'

KGO By Mark Matthews

With the President back at his Crawford ranch, the anti-war protest right outside his ranch is getting a lot more media attention. ABC7 looks at who is financing the operation and who's providing on-the-ground support.

The camp at Crawford is full of Cindy Sheehan supporters, people from all walks of life. But off to the side are a small group of professionals, skilled in politics and public relations who are marketing her message.

Cindy Sheehan kneels before a cross with her son's name on it, touches his picture, wipes her tears. It's an outpouring of emotion that is part of a scheduled news event organized daily for the television radio and print reporters who crowd in to capture a mother's grief.

Cindy Sheehan: "And I'm never going to see him again, I'm never going to hold him again, I'm never going to hear his voice again."

Sheehan's message hasn't changed since she got here but the support staff interested in getting that message out to the world has grown considerably.

Organizers are set up in this house trailer. Their meetings are closed to reporters.

Leading the group is Fenton Communications employee Michele Mulkey, based in San Francisco. Fenton specializes in public relations for liberal non profits.

Their bills are being paid by True Majority, a non-profit set up by Ben Cohen, of Ben and Jerry's ice cream fame.

Ben Cohen: "People are willing to listen to her and we want to do as much as we can to make her voice heard."

Cohen's liberal group has teamed up with Berkeley-based moveon.org, an anti-Bush group co-founded by Joan Blades.

Earlier this month, MoveOn.org helped organize anti-war vigils in support of Cindy Sheehan. Current Democratic National Party chair Howard Dean's organization, Democracy for America, is also involved. As is the more radical anti-war group Code Pink, organized by San Francisco's Medea Benjamin.

Money donated through these groups and others is helping to pay for Gold Star families whose children have been killed in Iraq to attend anti-Bush protests.

This week, Simi Valley, California Gold Star wife Melanie House flew to Idaho for a protest and then flew to Crawford.

Reporter: "Can you tell us if you're getting help in airfare to come down here?"

Melanie House: "What difference does that make?"

There is real reluctance to talk about whose paying. And the PR machine that's promoting Cindy Sheehan. But not everyone here is completely comfortable with it.

Gold Star mother Karen Meredith went to Crawford from Mt. View. Her son Ken Ballard died last year.

Karen Meredith: "Sometimes things don't feel quite right to me. They don't feel wrong but maybe that's how they do it in the marketing business."

ABC7's Mark Matthew: "You feel you're part of a marketing business?"

Karen Meredith: "Possibly. Yeah I think so."
0 Replies